BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there we have it folks. Almost nepotism. Kean was kept in a job because he was close to Desai. Something we already knew but sickens me to think we've been through turmoil because of a close relationship between two people.

Replace with kissed her ass and grovelled at her feet and I think you just about have it. A truly truly classless man.

why? just make him resign and silent whilst carrying on.

Just because he resigns as manager doesn't mean he has completely disappeared even if he appears to have....now that he has gone as manager i will be watching what happens to key people/their involvement. It will be interesting to see who is marginalised and whether the influence of Shebby increases.

The circumstances of Kean's going are going to be enjoyed by everyone when they come out. The journalist community has the story so I won't ruin it for them but it was literally taxi for Kean!

There was nothing premeditated on Kean's part about his departure.

He's gone without compo apparently and literally hasn't got a leg to stand on legally. His lawyers were blowing bubbles.

The circumstances of Kean's going are going to be enjoyed by everyone when they come out. The journalist community has the story so I won't ruin it for them but it was literally taxi for Kean!

He's gone without compo apparently and literally hasn't got a leg to stand on legally. His lawyers were blowing bubbles.

Awesome news, it just gets better.

Just phoned 0871 222 1444 and renewed my season ticket, 4 minute queue and very helpful assistant. Boom. Done.

Decent queues in shop apparently, with fans renewing in person. Town centre Roverstore open Sunday for ticket sales etc., no news yet on whether Ewood open for business tomorrow.

Can't wait for Saturday!

Just got back from Ewood having now renewed season tickets for me and my lad and plenty of others doing the same.

Didn't manage to get our old seats back but not letting that take the gloss off today!

Here's hoping the boys respond well today and get a result and looking forward to a party atmosphere next Sat to hopefully welcome the new manager.

I was on a night bus. I feel i should tell you that as this is one of those situations, in the tradition of Elvis, JFK and, more recently, MJ, where everyone will remember where they were when they found out (i was then thrown off the night bus for screaming drunken obscenities about that twatbag.

This is the first time us Rovers fans have had any proper reason to celebrate in years.

Make it a good one. Go get smashed.

One down, Three to go.

(Please don't use that word again) YOU STEVE KEAN

We are united once more. All differences are forgotten. One club, one set of supporters all pulling together.

Our team again.

Take advantage Venkys. This is your chance to win over the supporters.

My elation on Lowlife leaving has rapidly become greatly tempered. Until reading some of these reports I had no idea just how close of a relationship Kean had squirmed into with Witch D. Tempering my joy is the fact that this WITCH put all of us through this, destroyed the very fabric of our club, the well run small town club we were all so proud of and she did this for? It all came down to a personal relationship with scumbag and his wife. Yes our club was destroyed systematically because she was fond of one of the worst managers of all time and of course his wife.

How can such a professional business woman allow her judgement to be so clouded by a personal relationship. Surely this has shown some potential pitfalls in her ability to truly effectively be a leader of a global brand. I think as long as this woman is pulling strings at our beloved club none of us can truly rest easy. I would feel much better if she stepped aside and allowed the boys to deal with things. In truth I am prepared to give Venky's a chance to redeem themselves, just this once, but not her. I will never forgive her for what she has had all of us endure. Bitch over, come on you blues. Wise man say only fools rush in.

Now over to our six fingered friends, I am sure they are more devastated than Witch D with this news. They were positively drooling at the chance of ending 30 odd years of pain, they now see that possibility slipping away. Tell you the truth I was quite worried about the possible outcome of our meeting too. I had it in my mind that scumbag Kean would have made sure we lost just to get back at us fans, no doubt in me mind he would have. So hope is renewed that our unbeaten run might just continue. NICE.

Woo Hoo!

Has someone hacked your account mate :P

Haha - no honestly, he'd be a good choice. Great job at Hibs, Rangers and Scotland. Up and down time at Birmingham, but he did prove he can get a team promoted and they won a cup under him. The Villa situation was just too big for him.

He would get us up comfortably in my opinion.

Great article

Perhaps the best piece I've read on the whole sorry mess. It makes some excellent points about Kean's future employment prospects (or lack thereof).

I'd love to see a comprehensive list of Kean's sins - crazed statements, kids in press conference, new contract, taunting at Wigan etc. it may well prove to be useful in the upcoming PR war.

As an aside, like much else that Kean says, I'm having great trouble believing that he has resigned. I find the chances of him walking away from any kind of payoff to be remote at best.

I'd be surprised if they publish it knowing what they haven't published in the last 2 years so could you share this please Philip.

Kamy posted about how it might be hard to get a manager in such is Venk's reputation. Delighted Kean's gone but a bit nervous about the next step, can Venky's persuade someone that they are worth working with?

It's time to end the obsession with what other fans/uniformed media think. In a months time they'll have completely forgotten about Kean and they'll be giving their opinions on some other clubs problems that they have absolutely no idea about. Let them. First part of the healing process - let go of the hate and move on.

An interesting aside to all this is where this now leaves Kean regarding the the law suit against him with Big Sam.

While he was employed by the Club there's a good chance that he would have been getting legal representation from the Club's lawyers (at the Club's expense). Furthermore, I wouldn't have been surprised if any claim settlement against him was also paid by the Club.

His no longer being employed could now leave him high and dry, having to pay his own legal fees and any potential settlement. This could have been an issue around the negotiation of his compensation package?

It will be interesting to see how this develops

Wow! Exciting!

Archived