BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that it very likely to be a "taxi for Aggers" next.

..... and the night just keeps on getting better! Agnew and Shaw out! :rover:

Incidentally, I bought FIFA 13 today and was enraged when I quickly played a match with Rovers before venturing out - as Kean was present on the touchline in the game, looking as clueless as ever. Hopefully an official update or a fan mod will fix this atrocity before long!

Kean has an odd idea of untenable.

Nothing to do with poor results or the fact that most of the fans and players dislike him - can't be that or he'd have buggered off long ago.

Nothing to do with sullying the reputation of Blackburn Rovers and the backlash from that. The video and court case shows he has no shame.

Nothing to do with players been brought by other people not him. That was ok last season.

Nor having players not allowed to play because of the wages they were on. Those restriction were fine last season. In fact he covered for them saying they were injured.

Seemingly bypassing traditional systems like the boardroom under Williams, and the suprising manner in which Kean got the job - neither of these unorthodox (I could use stronger more condemning language) approaches were a problem for Kean.

u

Ditto for boardroom pressure. After all when Hunt rightly raised concerns it wasn't a problem - Hunt went not Kean.

All of this to me would count as difficult conditions, possibly untenable. For Kean it was fine to go along with and play the bigshot role.

No untenable position simply means that his cut of the action (and possibly finances - my speculation here) was threatened. What a low turd Kean is. Any conditions are fine and ok to be complicit with as long as he's getting a slice of the action. When that's threatened it becomes an untenable position. What a two faced weasel Kean is.

In his statement, to the last Kean was taking all the credit, what little there is, and none of the blame. The man is a worm.

So glad he's gone. No one can be any worse. No one.

Happy night tonight, but Kean and his foul stench will linger at the club for a while I think.

A resignation assumedly means no NDA signed.

How odd it would be for Kean, of all people, to spill the beans on what's really going on at the club should he decide to go public with his grievances.

Probably one of the reasons why he resigned, will give him extra leverage in extracting extra £'s.

Hopefully he's so implicated it won't make any difference.

Incidentally, I bought FIFA 13 today and was enraged when I quickly played a match with Rovers before venturing out - as Kean was present on the touchline in the game, looking as clueless as ever. Hopefully an official update or a fan mod will fix this atrocity before long!

Have they brought back managers in Fifa then? I remember years ago in Road to the World Cup, first footy game on the 360 there were managers. Sven throwing his arms about and suchlike.

More importantly can you slide tackle him like Pedersen did?

Interesting reading the 236 comments under the BBC report of how kean is the victim and we are the villains. Be careful what you wish for is the constant comment. I wonder whether they even follow the game. Data is king. The numbers tell the story.

as long as we dont get Keane because Desai likes the name or the Guvnor back, not sure we could do any worse. oh Sorry, add Brian Kidd to the list.

Final word tonight, thank you to....

Nick Harris

Andy Cryer

Kamy

Martin Blackburn (if there are two I apologise)

To Mr Cryer... You always concentrated on the negatives. There were no positives. It can't have been easy. Cheers.

And Henry Winter, never thought I'd be bigging up the telegraph, but credit where it's due.

Liberation day 28/9/12 :)

Yes indeed!!! And it is also exactly 55yrs today since I first met the lady that is still my beautiful wife, and this Sunday will be our 51st wedding anniversary.

What a great weekend of celebration this is going to be. And to top it all I can come back again.......no more boycotting YIPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they brought back managers in Fifa then? I remember years ago in Road to the World Cup, first footy game on the 360 there were managers. Sven throwing his arms about and suchlike.

Yep, the managers have been brought back. Funny you should mention FIFA 98: RTWC, as it was the first FIFA game I played. Sadly, you cant tackle the managers - I tried to have Simon tackle him with a horrific sliding challenge, but it wasn't to be.

He dives away when you shoot a ball at him with 60 mph from 5 feet out. In career mode, I replaced the ogre with myself, after 18 games, I´m topping the league with 13 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses. Desai told me she was ever so happy.

Yes indeed!!! And it is also exactly 55yrs today since I first met the lady that is still my beautiful wife, and this Sunday will be our 51st wedding anniversary.

What a great weekend of celebration this is going to be. And to top it all I can come back again.......no more boycotting YIPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you and the Mrs, Fife!

I have to say, if Shebby has played a big part in this - as well as working towards ridding us of Kean's yes-men like Agnew - then we owe him a huge amount of gratitude.

Did we find out why Harry was apparently at a local hotel...?

Haha, had Fifa delivered on Thursday and first match was with Rovers, noticed the bald loon patrolling the touchline and started shouting at tv. Turns out its the same manager patrolling the touchline in all matches was just a scary likeness to Kean so was maoning to my mate he's even haunting me in fifa!!

And that is utterly brilliant. Cheers Fife and Mrs Fife.

Come home.

Fabulous Fife. It's our Ruby wedding next week, we'll celebrate together.

In shock. Guess he did the "dignified" thing. What nasty supporters we are. Hope the elephant worshippers give us a good manager next. A year too late but at least with a bit of karma with that forward line we should be there and there abouts. A night to rejoice (haven't we already]. A big thank you to all the men and women who have made that happen. I@ mproud and grateful to you guys

Dave x

Archived