BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean resigns!

booth

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing people suggesting terrible managers that Venkys may go for on account of them not having a clue.

Funny thing is, every single one can be filed under the "Still better than Kean" category.

That’s my big worry. To think after the wolves game (the season where it nearly took us down) before the world knew the extent of venkys madness we could have had likes of jol, O’Neill, hughes, etc, any number of quality unemployed managers at the time but now can only attract managers I wouldn’t have touched with a barge pole 18 months ago.

Still as you say anything better than Steve Kean.

Glen Mullan...

Stuart, you may not have noticed that my list was made up entirely of journalists???

Fair play though to Glen and the Action Group for their efforts!

I've a pig of a hangover but the world is undoubtedly a happier place today for anyone who loves our football club!!

Later - the Roverstore is going to get some custom from me for the first time in a long time.

Stuart, you may not have noticed that my list was made up entirely of journalists???

I've a pig of a hangover but the world is undoubtedly a happier place today for anyone who loves our football club!!

Later - the Roverstore is going to get some custom from me for the first time in a long time.

Just struck me that in all the excitement one person was being missed off everyone's lists.

My own included.

Also I agreem with Kelbo. Forget Kean now - or try - 90 minutes of "Eric Black's Blue And White Army" would make a much better point!

Same here Bob, a shirt and season ticket are on today's to do list.

Yep me too. My 14 month old will be getting his first rovers gear.

Just struck me that in all the excitement one person was being missed off everyone's lists.

My own included.

Also I agreem with Kelbo. Forget Kean now - or try - 90 minutes of "Eric Black's Blue And White Army" would make a much better point!

With all respect - please don't...they'll sign him straight up on the cheap and we'll be chanting Black-out in a matter of weeks!

It may have been mentioned but I am intrigued to know what broke the camels back?

From positively positive press conference to self congratulatory resignation. What happened inbetween?

Rumour I've heard is that someone higher up(Shebby/Balaji) involving himself in team selection. Would be interesting to see if Simon Vuckevic is in the team today.

Or, if your a cynic. It's all an excuse that has been used to avoid being sacked.

The bottom line is we've finally got rid of this idiot once and for all, I couldn't careless who we get in his place, unless its Singh that is!

We're off into town now, son getting a Rovers shirt and we're buying Wolves tickets, todays a good day :tu:

Rumour I've heard is that someone higher up(Shebby/Balaji) involving himself in team selection. Would be interesting to see if Simon Vuckevic is in the team today.

Or, if your a cynic. It's all an excuse that has been used to avoid being sacked.

I heard that Singh saw Simon play for the reserves this week and was light years ahead of anything else on the park, along with Murphys alleged injury and pulled rank,

much as I agree with Singhs thoughts, it was wrong, if Kean was manager, he selects the team, thats how it should be!!

It may have been mentioned but I am intrigued to know what broke the camels back?

From positively positive press conference to self congratulatory resignation. What happened inbetween?

Over recent days, I have been posting on here that he would not make the Charlton match.

I think the club's intention was to get him out before Charlton but Kean wouldn't 'buy' what was on offer.

He knew his position really was untenable and I think, likely issues with players this week really confirmed in his mind that this time the game was well and truly up.

I think Kean and advisors then resorted to their Plan B which was to put themselves in a position where they would be able to pursue a claim for constructive dismissal - one way or another, this could engineer a bigger settlement. Also key to this, IMO, was yesterday's press charade (all the positivity) and then the timing of the resignation in order to evoke maximum sympathy outside 'Blackburn'.

Scheming to the very last, I think.

Can some kind person give me the tel no. for the ticket office please. I need to get a ticket for the Wolves game......Oh happy day!!!!

EDIT: Belay the last pipe......I have just found the number on the back of my last season ticket folder.

2nd EDIT: YIPPEEEE!! I got MY seat......it was still available. OH HAPPY DAY!!

Suspect his legal team have probably advised he has a case for constructive dismissal if as alleged someone up the pecking order has tampered with team affairrs

Suspect his legal team have probably advised he has a case for constructive dismissal if as alleged someone up the pecking order has tampered with team affairrs

Probably correct.

However, if his contract is payed out in full, just say 9 months at 100k per month for the sake of argument, I can't imagine that any claim for unfair dismissal would have any significant additional financial value.

Claims for constructive dismissal are very difficult to prove.

The club may well counter that under Kean's tenure, he did not have sole authority for player trading, and quite possibly team selection as well, so if Shebby / Simon was an issue this week, it was 'nothing new'.

I rather think that the seemingly poor way Rovers handled his, allegedly, intended dismissal at weekend will figure central to Kean's claim in that, arguably, the world and his wife knew before he did and since they failed to agree terms, it made his position untenable as his 'credibility' within the club was significantly reduced.

It will be a very interesting one and my bet will be that both parties will soon reach an amicable agreement, more than originally on offer to Kean, in order to avoid dirty linen being washed in public and also to 'protect' Kean for future employment opportunities.

Archived