BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Yeah but his overall salary will be higher and there will be a huge bonus for promotion you can bet.

The other thing with Holloway is that he wanted Blackpool to invest. At the moment they still don't have any facilities. Perhaps he's started to realize that investment will never come. Brockhall would be a dream come true for him.

It definitely exists, just not in the public domain.

hahahaha ok just so were clear, its big stevie gettin frisky..true?? have you seen it?? gas stuff!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's definitely taken Blackpool as far as he can. He sounded really bitter about the Charlie Austin thing last week.

Even his ex-players are snubbing chances to return there....

http://www.blackpool...kpool-1-5065805

He does give Holloway a glowing report though and these words would make me a little more comfortable with his appointment....

“They play for the manager – it is all about the manager. That is why they do so well every year.

“The players respect him and he seems to get that extra edge out of each player on the pitch.

“You only have to look at the video clips of Ian Holloway to see what he is all about.

“He gets that little extra out of each player which maybe most managers can’t."

It definitely exists, just not in the public domain.

Nobody has anything to lose from publishing it, a part from Kean that is, so I'm sceptical that it does exist, it would have been leaked by now anonymously in my book.

Found out some interesting info on Curbishley this morning - he wanted a break from the game and is also extremely picky when it comes to offers (there have been many from clubs over the past few years).

He is getting lined up, along with Matt Holland (as his assistant), to become next Ipswich manager.

Still think out of an average bunch he would do an excellent job for us - whilst there was some interest, don't think he was very keen to work under the Venky's though....

hahahaha ok just so were clear, its big stevie gettin frisky..true?? have you seen it?? gas stuff!!

I haven't seen it but two people who I trust have and told me in great detail what it entails. Both stories tally and they don't know each other so it must be right. Not sure about frisky, dopey more like :D

As for Holloway, you have to ask yourself why he gets 5% of any deal. It's like anything just an incentive to stay and do well. He'd have other incentives here and already be on a fair crack.

Even his ex-players are snubbing chances to return there....

http://www.blackpool...kpool-1-5065805

Interesting comments on Holloway from Dobbie:

And he speaks in glowing terms about the club and, in particular, Ian Holloway.

“My experience there was amazing, especially the first play-off final,” said Dobbie.

“They play for the manager – it is all about the manager. That is why they do so well every year.

“The players respect him and he seems to get that extra edge out of each player on the pitch.

“You only have to look at the video clips of Ian Holloway to see what he is all about.

He gets that little extra out of each player which maybe most managers can’t.

I haven't seen it but two people who I trust have and told me in great detail what it entails. Both stories tally and they don't know each other so it must be right. Not sure about frisky, dopey more like :D

As for Holloway, you have to ask yourself why he gets 5% of any deal. It's like anything just an incentive to stay and do well. He'd have other incentives here and already be on a fair crack.

haha explain dopey...did i not read somewhere he was caught in the car park with some bird??

The BBC article says that Solskjaer has said no, and that Grayson, Shearer and Berg are interested or "on the list". Also that Southgate "has been discussed". The BBC is a more authoritative source than most.

It isn't a very inspiring list when the likes of Schuster, Clemente and Guilit have registered interest.

Not what I've been told. Perhaps there's more than one :P

hahaha too funny!! he really is a living homer simpson without all the loveable features!! would love to see him get another job and see what it feels like to be on the other side...he came up with some real hum dingers in his time!! :)

I'm sure this has been posted before as it's nearly two weeks old but I've only just seen it and now my monitor is plastered with the coffee than had been in my mouth only seconds previously...

STEVE KEAN WANTS BOLTON JOB

Now it's gone, let's hope he's now set his sights on Burnley

Hahaha, I missed this at the time. That is hilarious.

Holloyway definitely has a bee in his bonnet at Blackpool, before they played Burnley the other week I saw him mention Charlie Austin in 3 seperate interviews.

To mention a player who he missed out on this many times suggests that it was only through finances that he went to Burnley

Some more quotes from Blackpool Gazette reporter tweets.

William Watt@WillWatt

Just back from speaking to Holloway. We are no wiser. Although some very strong quotes in tomorrow's paper on his chairman and the situation.

William Watt@WillWatt

Holloway: "None of the speculation has any facts behind it yet, my chairman hasn't called me. Until he calls me, there's nothing I can say."

Interesting use of the word "yet".

Lots of Burnley fans on twitter getting excited about Holloway too, he's in to second favourite there. Also Crystal Palace fans.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Holloway is playing it all along to gain leverage with his chairman. Although I think he has reached the end of his tether. Comments he's made about his new home in Lytham suggest to me that he wouldn't want to go to Palace or Ipswich. I'm guessing.

I note that Karl Robinson is favourite in the betting for Palace, McCarthy is favourite at Ipswich and Holloway is second favourite at Burnley. The shortlist at Blackburn might get shorter still if they don't hurry.

Of course this could all be irrelevant if Shebby Singh is determined to unearth the next Mourinho. Or Harry Redknapp steps in.

Can't see him going to Burnley unless Rovers won't have him and his relationship with Oyston is irrepairable. They've not got very much money, they don't put a lot back in when they make any and their training facilities aren't the best.

If Shebby Singh passes over Holloway and Redknapp for "the next Mourinho" I think we should all make sure he knows how we feel as we deserve more for the £400,000 a year + expenses that the club gives him to find the right appointment.

Can't see him going to Burnley unless Rovers won't have him and his relationship with Oyston is irrepairable. They've not got very much money, they don't put a lot back in when they make any and their training facilities aren't the best.

If Shebby Singh passes over Holloway and Redknapp for "the next Mourinho" I think we should all make sure he knows how we feel as we deserve more for the £400,000 a year+ expenses that the club gives him to find the right appointment.

£400,000 a year, the same as J Williams salary whilst at Rovers, CHRIST we got rid of J Williams and ended up with Shebby Singh, Venky's really are NOBS!!!!!!!!!

Whoever the new manager is has their work cut out.

We need experience and someone who will stand their ground. The new Mourinho is not that man.

Can we stop saying "the next Mourinho".

It makes our club sound even more shambolic than it already is.

£400,000 according to Nick Harris. For £400,000 I would have expected things to move much faster.

Can we stop saying "the next Mourinho".

It makes our club sound even more shambolic than it already is.

Sadly, that's what Shebby thinks he's capable of getting.

Archived