BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd let any new manager choose their own backroom staff but having Black would be helpful originally because he knows the players (apart from Vukcevic) well.

Saying that though if it was between two of the new manager's chosen staff or Salgado and Tugay I would have to go for the latter.....Friedel as GK coach once he retires.

I disagree with that last part. A manager should be able to bring in people who he works the best with, who he is comfortable around and who will get the best out of him and the team. Whilst an ex-player has an emotional attatchment, you needn't look further than Colin Hendry to see that a former icon does in no way guarantee success. Look at Hughes and Allardyce in recent times here, both allowed to bring in a full backroom team including Sports Science and people they know and trust.

I disagree with that last part. A manager should be able to bring in people who he works the best with, who he is comfortable around and who will get the best out of him and the team. Whilst an ex-player has an emotional attatchment, you needn't look further than Colin Hendry to see that a former icon does in no way guarantee success. Look at Hughes and Allardyce in recent times here, both allowed to bring in a full backroom team including Sports Science and people they know and trust.

I know what you're saying it's just my heart rules my head when it comes to Salgado and Tugay.....but a large factor is Tugay apparently doing a good job at Galatasaray and how Salgado's punditry skills demonstrate his great reading of the game.

Hendry wasn't good at Blackpool so I see it differently.....as good as Hendry was, his personal issues will cloud his character and despite being younger Salgado and Tugay would probably command more respect.

But it's not like I'd be unhappy if neither of them came.

as i said yesterday, singh has had his chance and blew it big time, why is this joker still involved in the manager search? hes an arse, who doesnt know it from his elbow, let shaw take over and bring us a proper manager now and not some novice like robinson or mckinley

I know what you're saying it's just my heart rules my head when it comes to Salgado and Tugay.....but a large factor is Tugay apparently doing a good job at Galatasaray and how Salgado's punditry skills demonstrate his great reading of the game.

Hendry wasn't good at Blackpool so I see it differently.....as good as Hendry was, his personal issues will cloud his character and despite being younger Salgado and Tugay would probably command more respect.

But it's not like I'd be unhappy if neither of them came.

Not only have they got to be good coaches but you want the manager to be able to work with people whom he trusts and feels can do what he can't, I would be happier if a manager just brought in a backroom team that he knew and wanted, rather than a token gesture of a former player.

ipswich interviewing shearer mccarthy, burnley looking at holloway, bolton appointed freedman, crystal palace looking at the likes of holloway and other good managers, all will probably be done within days and our joke of a club takes over 4 weeks whilst trying to appoint the likes of flitcoft, mckinley and robinson. Makes you sick!!!

Archived