BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Shebby SIngh is just a massive ego looking to make a big impact!

Now is not the time to be looking to start a 'project' with a young manager.

We experimented, and experimented, and experimented, with an untried manager and it got us to where we are now.

There are functional options who, with our squad at their disposal, would stand a good chance of getting us promoted.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win today 1-0 today, for example, and they give Black the job I could make my peace with it. His record over 6 games will be -

P6 W2 D3 L1 GS4 GA3 PTS9

Kean's last 6 games were -

P6 W3 D1 L2 GS14 GA13 PTS10 (including the MK Dons defeat).

Pretty similar - but most of us said that if a new manager could make us hard to beat/stop us conceding we would have a good chance. Under Kean we scored a lot more but we all know we weren't playing well and those goals would have dried up eventually. The fact that we look miles more solid says to me we finally have a platform to build on, part of me would be fine with giving Black a chance to see if he can build on it.

My problem with appointing Black at this point is it has become clear that he hasn't been in the running. Appointing him would be a sign that we have failed to get other targets and have become desperate.

Agree. Even if we win today our form/performances have hardly been electric. If Black is the right man for the job tomorrow then he should have been the right man for the job 3 weeks ago.

If we win today 1-0 today, for example, and they give Black the job I could make my peace with it. His record over 6 games will be -

P6 W2 D3 L1 GS4 GA3 PTS9

Kean's last 6 games were -

P6 W3 D1 L2 GS14 GA13 PTS10 (including the MK Dons defeat).

Pretty similar - but most of us said that if a new manager could make us hard to beat/stop us conceding we would have a good chance. Under Kean we scored a lot more but we all know we weren't playing well and those goals would have dried up eventually. The fact that we look miles more solid says to me we finally have a platform to build on, part of me would be fine with giving Black a chance to see if he can build on it.

We were outplayed in nearly all those games, and nearly all of those fixtures were against sides that I can't see pushing for Promotion come the end of the season. Wolves were the exception and they beat us.

The fitness levels continue to look poor under Black as does morale and body language looking at the players. For the good of the club we need to bring in someone with fresh ideas and a tougher stance towards the players. They have had it far too easy for the past two seasons.

My problem with appointing Black at this point is it has become clear that he hasn't been in the running. Appointing him would be a sign that we have failed to get other targets and have become desperate.

This post has NOT been edited by Eddie

At least Ole might be a contender if things keep dragging on. That's about the only plus.

Ole will have won the PL, Champions league, Club world cup and the national world cup before Shebby and co get in touch with him

Holloway now 4/5, 8/11 and even 8/13 favourite for the Rovers job.

Means nothing, while Shebby's here Holloway won't get the job. Unless he gets his hands slapped. Can't see that happening by Venky's though can you?

0tOM7.gif

That's briliant :D

That's a good point.

Some Twitter activity that Singh met Poyet last night:

Michael Blackburn@rovertakenmb

#SHEBBYSINGH met #GUSPOYET last night according to a trusted friend. After reading this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20067611 … finally prepared to have a bet.

Has come in from 66/1 to 25/1 in last half hour.

Archived