BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest i think Shebby is just dithering to delay the inevitable backlash. I reckon he's been told to go for the young cheap option by Mrs D and that's it. He doesn't know who to appoint but knows it's going to kick off so he's just floundering around putting things off delaying the inevitable :(

Only one way to look at it for me, if you appoint a novice whilst letting our rivals grow stronger by appointing experienced managers when we had the chance to take our pick you had better hope your gamble pays off because if it does'nt you become the next hate figure.

Shebby....fans have been tolerant so far but dont take the kean.

Ollie is very interested in the Rovers job, as of last week Shebby didn't want him. Maybe the events of the last few days have changed his mind? Shaw is the one pushing for Holloway but at the moment there is no decision one way or the other, but if I was a betting I would say that if Shebby didn't want him last week then he probably still feel the sam now. They are going to talk to other people on the shortlist before deciding who is the "right man". The good news is that Rovers fully expect to appoint new manager next week.

To be honest i think Shebby is just dithering to delay the inevitable backlash. I reckon he's been told to go for the young cheap option by Mrs D and that's it. He doesn't know who to appoint but knows it's going to kick off so he's just floundering around putting things off delaying the inevitable :(

Looking like that. Knows he's going to stuff it up so putting it off as long as possible! Farce of a Club.

10,000 or so will go, many with the thought that's what we do, it's my team, many because we need to see a win and that's good, perhaps some because that's what my mum/dad does and I go too.....some because we cannot break the habit of a lifetime. I'm no better/different/special/itk, I just can't stand the nonsense from those who think they know best (SS, family) I realise that is what we have, but it doesn't stop me hating the whole damn situation, for gods sake employ a proper (ie one that has a proven track record) manager who states:

1. I bring my own back room team.

2. I have a defined budget.

3. I buy players/pick the team!

I'll get you promoted!

Off to beddy byes/dreamland

Night!

Ollie is very interested in the Rovers job, as of last week Shebby didn't want him. Maybe the events of the last few days have changed his mind? Shaw is the one pushing for Holloway but at the moment there is no decision one way or the other, but if I was a betting I would say that if Shebby didn't want him last week then he probably still feel the sam now. They are going to talk to other people on the shortlist before deciding who is the "right man". The good news is that Rovers fully expect to appoint new manager next week.

I fail to see how that is good if you have an idiot making the choice.

• Backroom

Do you know who is on the list?

I don't expect you to spill but if so is it of a decent standard?

I heard it was the other way round, Mrs D was annoyed at Shebby going for McKinley even before fan backlash and told him to do better. Fan backlash made him even more sore. He issued that silly statement. Alan Nixon has backed this up on Twitter.

for gods sake employ a proper (ie one that has a proven track record) manager who states:

1. I bring my own back room team.

2. I have a defined budget.

3. I buy players/pick the team!

I'll get you promoted!

Seems to be the list of reasons that She-Ra doesn't want Holloway. Too headstrong and forthright.

Do you know who is on the list?

I don't expect you to spill but if so is it of a decent standard?

Karl Robinson's on it.

I heard it was the other way round, Mrs D was annoyed at Shebby going for McKinley even before fan backlash and told him to do better. Fan backlash made him even more sore. He issued that silly statement. Alan Nixon has backed this up on Twitter.

Fair comment but we know if she'd said get a top man then it would probably be done now. More like she's laid the remit of a cheap yes man down and was annoyed that's the best he came up with after failing to get Sherwood to resign and come or Spuds to agree to let him go cheap. If we get an appointment expect it to be a panic one. Prob better sticking with Black if that happens, if he can grind a few results out :(

Also don't forget nicko's in the Kean, Anderson camp so will have digs to discredit Singh on behalf of his pals. Not that Shebby needs any help on that score lol

ipswich interviewing shearer mccarthy, burnley looking at holloway, bolton appointed freedman, crystal palace looking at the likes of holloway and other good managers, all will probably be done within days and our joke of a club takes over 4 weeks whilst trying to appoint the likes of flitcoft, mckinley and robinson. Makes you sick!!!

Spot on.

I am sick and tired of the shenanigans at our once great club.

IMO, the club is riddled with incompetence and self-interest right through from owners, senior management to self styled supporters' groups.

I personally have decided enough is enough and will only return once, IMO, all the clowns have left the circus.

They are going to talk to other people on the shortlist before deciding who is the "right man". The good news is that Rovers fully expect to appoint new manager next week.

They will only be allowed to talk to people on the short list who don't currently have a club Kamy. As was demonstrated with McKinlay, the clubs wont allow Rovers to interview anyone, unless they're certain that they're the rovers number one choice - and that the target wants to come here. If they want Holloway, then go for him, stop pratting around trying to interview people who they don't want. You know what I mean, they either want him, or they don't.

I've got two words for the people running our club. BEYOND HELP.

If Shebby had wanted an experienced man he could have signed one by now. He still could.

As for owners they took advice from JA and that cocked us up, now they've got rid of him Shebby is the one advising what's good and bad. And he appears to be advising to get the next big thing.

I really hope he has reconsidered.

If Shebby had wanted an experienced man he could have signed one by now. He still could.

I really hope he has reconsidered.

I totally doubt this. As was the case from day one, Shebby still wearing the pants. Shebby still not for experience, Shebby still after puppet. Aside from him being such a fool, i'm just fuming that he's had to take us on this merry-go-round-when a new man could easily have been in place by now.

Expect Hill, Robinson or Grayson. I'm prepared to give Grayson (who will still be a puppet) a chance as I actually think he has the potential to move on to bigger things than the Championship but don't be fooled by Hill or Robinson. Cheap options totally acquired to push through own agenda.

Grayson would actually be a good appointment. Wouldn't say he was a puppet though, and fit that reason I don't think he will be considered.

I honestly think its a u turn or over ruling and we get Holloway or its a young manager that Shebby can "mentor". If its a young manager then Shebby can get lost.

Nixon is saying Holloway wants the Rovers job but we are dithering. Says Burnley a slight chance and palace don't have the money. Either way unless rovers stop dithering he will still be Blackpool manager this time next week.

They will only be allowed to talk to people on the short list who don't currently have a club Kamy. As was demonstrated with McKinlay, the clubs wont allow Rovers to interview anyone, unless they're certain that they're the rovers number one choice - and that the target wants to come here. If they want Holloway, then go for him, stop pratting around trying to interview people who they don't want. You know what I mean, they either want him, or they don't.

I've got two words for the people running our club. BEYOND HELP.

Problem with Holloway is that its a Shaw idea....Shebby doesnt really fancy that idea.

Shebby wants a young, talented one, with fresh ideas and fully into their sports science stuff.

Think their could be a suprise contender that comes out over the weekend at a rival club.

Shebby is a complete prick. The mere fact that he is associated with the club in the first place is a complete embarassment.

Can we please have a manager, duly directed by a board of directors with a clear vision that we can all identify with.

Does anybody else see this as a lottery draw? All the balls are going around in Lancelot until Wednesday when Shebby breaks as his deadline expires and he randomly picks one ball out of the machine. Let's face it, there has been no thought process in this search whatsoever, apart from 'young with potential'.

I would say we should all keep our fingers crossed for the moment a 'young with potential' ball is drawn and hope we end up winning the lottery....

Everything else in the meantime is insignificant as that's what this will all come down to - a lottery draw.

Nixon is saying Holloway wants the Rovers job but we are dithering. Says Burnley a slight chance and palace don't have the money. Either way unless rovers stop dithering he will still be Blackpool manager this time next week.

If our neighbours pull their finger out, I can see Holloway heading in that direction. That rumour is coming in very strong.

If I were a betting man (which I am not) I'd put some money on Robinson. Quotes from and attributed to Shebby point that way.

Can't say I'm thrilled by the prospect but expecting Venkys to make a wise decision is beyond optimism.

Problem with Holloway is that its a Shaw idea....Shebby doesnt really fancy that idea.

Shebby wants a young, talented one, with fresh ideas and fully into their sports science stuff.

Think their could be a suprise contender that comes out over the weekend at a rival club.

Any contender working for these clowns must be a muppet, I have never in my life seen people so foolish, stupid and bereft of brains as these bloody Indians, they should hold their heads in shame, disgrace to their country and fellow countrymen, how on earth they succeed in business is a mystery!

As for Singh, disgusted with him, how on earth is he qualified to mentor anyone!!

Archived