BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

If I were Holloway, I wouldn't move to Burnley.

Does Simon Grayson count as a young manager? He is 2 months younger than Sherwood and 4 months younger than McKinlay. Never had a bad season in his managerial career. He meets the criteria of everything Shebby and Shaw want.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If our neighbours pull their finger out, I can see Holloway heading in that direction. That rumour is coming in very strong.

If Holloway finishes up at Burnley that will be my trigger to re-commence my boycott until such time as Shebby and all the last traces of the Venkys are gone...never to return. There is only so much madness and stupidity that I can tolerate, and this will take my threshold beyond the limit.

Holloway to Burnley

Robinson to Ewood

Hmmm ... if that happens then I wouldn't put the house on Rovers beating Burnley in December.

That would seriously hack me off, and I'm sure a lot of other Rovers fans. Just watch the gates get even lower. Poor Robinson would have to get amazing results to bring back the crowd.

Ignoring the puppet aspect as we won't know who will or won't be one, I'd much prefer those 3 than Sherwood, Shearer or McKinlay.

Why Hill?

Also, why Robinson? What does he bring to the table?

These are both genuine questions, i'm hoping others who know what these people can bring will enlighten me as I have never heard of their abilities.

Would appear we dodged a bullet with regards Schuster, given his comments re Celtic.

I'd give me right arm to see Rovers as well drilled tactically as they were at the Camp Nou

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bernd-schusters-claims-about-celtic-are-absolute-1400132

Perhaps because they are both big on the sports science side of things? Not sure.....

Ok, I understand that both of these people have achieved relative success. I mean to keep Barnsley ticking over nicely and to get Rochdale promoted is pretty decent, don't get me wrong.

As for Robinson, ok he's young.........and that's it. His budget at MK Dons is huge and he has still to set the world alight.

Both managers are OK, I don't want to criticise them but their success is relative to what they have to work with. Neither manager has ever handled so much expectation before and neither manager has had to deal with such big names and ego's.

In fact, both these managers were cast aside by Burnley, is that really where we are with things?

Sports science is a good thing to have but the negatives far outweigh the positives in this situation. People seem to be happy for Shebby's whacky ideas, having quickly forgotten Steve Kean.

Yes, there are managers in the young and untested category who might be decent but let's go for those with some ambition, with some hope of reaching the top like OGS, for example. Hill and Robinson will always be Championship managers at best. If Shebby wants to get freaky on us, let's have the best that freak can offer.

• Backroom

Glen mentioned Poyet tonight ( personal opinion not inside info)

Surprised the name hasn't come up but it's very doubtful he'd leave a good thing at a good club to come here

Why Hill?

Also, why Robinson? What does he bring to the table?

These are both genuine questions, i'm hoping others who know what these people can bring will enlighten me as I have never heard of their abilities.

The only reason I can find us that they've actually got managerial experience.

What booth said.....I'd just prefer those than someone who has never managed before, that's all I said.

Yea can't see Poyet leaving Brighton....worth finding out but maybe we already have.....he'd certainly be on my shortlist.

If we pass up Holloway for Robinson Shebby will not be forgiven.

I might not forgive him for putting us through this crap in the first place.

Ollie is very interested in the Rovers job, as of last week Shebby didn't want him. Maybe the events of the last few days have changed his mind? Shaw is the one pushing for Holloway but at the moment there is no decision one way or the other, but if I was a betting I would say that if Shebby didn't want him last week then he probably still feel the sam now. They are going to talk to other people on the shortlist before deciding who is the "right man". The good news is that Rovers fully expect to appoint new manager next week.

That is of course if the man they finally pick has not taken up employment elsewhere first.

Kamy, can you give us any clue as to why on earth Shebby doesn't fancy Holloway, or indeed one of the other qualified "candidates"?

Anyone else feel the dingles might pull Holloway just to get one over on us?

That is of course if the man they finally pick has not taken up employment elsewhere first.

Kamy, can you give us any clue as to why on earth Shebby doesn't fancy Holloway, or indeed one of the other qualified "candidates"?

Well his comments on Sky hinted that he would prefer a new potential Mourinho than an experienced old head. He also said there isn't many old heads out there but there is many coaches with big potential.

Personally I wouldn't trust the guy to boil the kettle

So is there any chance that Shaw can get his way over Singh? Surely Holloway is the standout candidate right now. We'd be guaranteed a real push for promotion with him, surely. I could see him getting the best out of our under-performers too.

@Hardly1980 - yer right,man. Some <a lot> of the posts in this trio of threads have been more melodramatic than vintage Coronation Street, but locking it up would be like shutting down the fun fair while the kids are still outta school. We're all clicking on it even though it's full of catfighting, meaningless bookies odds and off topic guff. We need our fix!

Ollie is very interested in the Rovers job, as of last week Shebby didn't want him. Maybe the events of the last few days have changed his mind? Shaw is the one pushing for Holloway but at the moment there is no decision one way or the other, but if I was a betting I would say that if Shebby didn't want him last week then he probably still feel the sam now. They are going to talk to other people on the shortlist before deciding who is the "right man". The good news is that Rovers fully expect to appoint new manager next week.

I still find it pretty hard to believe Shebby will allow Shaw/Agnew any means of gaining a foothold in the club. I don't know about anyone else but I was sure that Keans boys would of left/been pushed when he went.

What puzzles me is why they are still here.. having two board members who will be desperate to keep hold of their jobs involved in a process to recruit the new manager is insanity, they will turn down Shebby choices (unless they feel it would benefit them) and visa versa so we will end up with the trash which neither camp wants to back.

The shear number of leaks and people ITK at the moment is just plain stupid and points to people trying their best to descredit each other. And the most annoying part is after all this is we will loose out on great managers because of a bunch of idiots playing politics with our flipping club. One thing I would love to know is which managers where blocked by Shaw and co.

Whatever happens now just goes to highlight how crazy the managers and the owners of the asylum really are.

We have the most erratic football administrator in the country in Shebby.

There is little hope of a sensible appointment with him heading up this recruitment process.

It's got to stage where I am more bothered about avoiding a disaster rather than hoping for the right man.

Sad really.

Can anybody really blame Holloway , if he did go to Burnley ?

Bloody hell , we have craziest set up in the whole of football league .

Money does talk but so does commonsense and normality which is something that has been sadly lacking at Ewood Park for 20 months !

Along with the muppets we have in the boardroom, here is another who has no place at Ewood.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4612568/8000-a-week-Colin-Hendry-I-cant-pay-my-debts.html

With the farce going on in trying to appoint the next manager, I agree with Waggy. Any proper manager would be mad to come here.

Probably just my ignorance of lower league football but I don't see the big deal with Keith Hill. Yes he's working with ridiculously small budgets at Barnsley but his record really isn't that good at all.

If we're going for either Hill, Robinson or Grayson then it has to be the latter for me. Knows the division well and would get the best out of Rhodes.

Probably just my ignorance of lower league football but I don't see the big deal with Keith Hill. Yes he's working with ridiculously small budgets at Barnsley but his record really isn't that good at all.

If we're going for either Hill, Robinson or Grayson then it has to be the latter for me. Knows the division well and would get the best out of Rhodes.

I agree with this. Whilst the likes of Hill and Robinson have achieved relative success with what they have done so far, and you can't knock them for that, these candidates are nowhere near the calibre of manager that we should be looking at.

I prefer an experienced man for this post at this moment in time. We need someone who has been there and done it. BUT if Shebby is going down his path, he needs to be looking at much better candidates in that 'young with potential' category.

OGS would be one of those, guess we'll have to see what happens.

Actually Poyet would be worth looking at if we are going down that road.

But if we don't get Holloway who appears to have said everything but "come and get me" just because he's not willing to suffer fools, then it's a poor do. Especially if he goes to Burnley. If he goes there I'd put them as a good shout for the play offs.

Archived