BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not completely against the idea of Black taking over like others - if we can't get a very good manager coming in what is the point?

That said, he could have done with another win to date, as so far, results been average under him.

I am not completely against the idea of Black taking over like others - if we can't get a very good manager coming in what is the point?

That said, he could have done with another win to date, as so far, results been average under him.

Better managers than Kean and better managers than Black have applied for this job, that much is obvious. If we don't appoint an external candidate then it's because Shebby and the rest of the board have keaned up because they are ditherers.

Assuming Gus Poyet does agree to leave Brighton and come to us, how many of us will be happy with him? Personally, I think Karl Robinson and Keith Hill are getting a lot of underserved stick. Sure, they may not be top managers, but reading the last 10 pages or so you would have thought they are worse than Steve Kean.

That's a good point.

I suppose the point I was making was Black seems to be changing the things that made Kean such an awful manager. For the most part the bizarre substitutions and out of position players have gone.

Under Kean, something as simple as dropping a player for poor form seemed like a foreign concept. If he was still here Murphy would be ever-present this season.

There seems to be plenty of signs that Black recognises the issues and is trying to deal with them. Far from what I expected from him, that being more of the same Kean-esque stupidity.

Can we really afford to gamble on a young, up and coming manager right now? imo, it should be an experienced guy, with a young, up and coming guy as his assistant, who would be able to take over when the experienced guy leaves.

something along the lines of Holloway, with say Flitcroft as his assistant. our problem, is that we want to make coaches, managers. The 2 are just completely different roles,hence the reason why Kean was completely out of his depth.

However, in saying that, there still lies a much bigger problem, in terms of those in charge of the selection criteria.

We've now conceded 3 goals in 6 games under Black and have 3 clean sheets. It's hard to knock what he's done so far.

We have been far better defensively under Black. Couldnt get any worse though.

But 1 win and 2 losses are just as good as 3 draws. Just look at Cardif...lost a bit more but dont get these bloody draws.

There's no reason why we can't remain as solid at the back and still push forward a bit more. Under Kean we were relying on technical ability and attacking prowess to cover up for being unfit and disorganised. If the team is fit and has a clear and working system then there is no reason why we can't be more adventurous without returning to the leaky-siv days.

Archived