BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Moderation Lead

Can anybody really blame Holloway , if he did go to Burnley ?

Bloody hell , we have craziest set up in the whole of football league .

Money does talk but so does commonsense and normality which is something that has been sadly lacking at Ewood Park for 20 months !

From Blackpool who have a better (overall) squad yes.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Poyet would be worth looking at if we are going down that road.

But if we don't get Holloway who appears to have said everything but "come and get me" just because he's not willing to suffer fools, then it's a poor do. Especially if he goes to Burnley. If he goes there I'd put them as a good shout for the play offs.

Would be amazed if Burnley spent 500k for Holloway (and the rest!)....that would be the only sticking point for me otherwise i'd say he'd be there for definite.

• Moderation Lead

Holloway can't come here if Shebby doesn't okay it. So if he's dead set on leaving what better than down the road?

Just questioning whether he'd be better off (personnel-wise) at Burnley than Blackpool, if he's actually after leaving, then that's obviously his prerogative.

At Burnley they at least have training facilities even though its all a bit 1960s jumpers for goalposts.

But let's face it he wants to come here, he wants to get us promoted and he wants in right now but there's only one guy stopping him. If he does go elsewhere and we end up languishing with a yes man I will never forgive Shebby Singh.

anybody else thinking McCleish could be a surprise contender , i know he wont be in Shebby's list but he could be on Shaw's , he's out of work , (i.e. cheap no compo) he's worked with Black so again cheap option no major backroom changes , we're looking at signing Cameron Jerome on loan who he's worked with before (although admittedly that could be a Black idea) and he's got history of getting a team promoted , i'm not saying he tick's every box or would be my preferred option but if the club are "re-thinking" he may come into it?

anybody else thinking McCleish could be a surprise contender , i know he wont be in Shebby's list but he could be on Shaw's , he's out of work , (i.e. cheap no compo) he's worked with Black so again cheap option no major backroom changes , we're looking at signing Cameron Jerome on loan who he's worked with before (although admittedly that could be a Black idea) and he's got history of getting a team promoted , i'm not saying he tick's every box or would be my preferred option but if the club are "re-thinking" he may come into it?

Well that appointment would keep the Scottish contingent happy for sure ;)

Would rather we kept black than appoint McLeish. Horrible style of football and villa were absolutely terrible under him, they're still trying to recover from his reign in charge. Doesn't seem able to inspire any confidence in his players which is what we need.

With some of the other names being mentioned, I think 'Eck would be a decent choice. Not inspirational at all in terms of flair and style but like most people will say, that doesn't matter, we just need to get promoted for now and I think he would certainly get us organised.

McCleish's most recent record at his last 2 Clubs is absolutely dire. Relegated at Brum, nearly relegated at Villa.

Dire football by all accounts, so no change from Black there, but he doesn't fit Shebby's apparent preference for the next big thing either. If Shebby had a fourth category of manager, "Clapped out, over the hill and half way down the other side" McCleish would surely top it.

Difficult to se him being a contender even with our muddled thinking.

So according to twitter the list may be:

Robinson

Hill

Poyet

OGS

Grayson

Holloway

Out of that list only hill and Robinson would disappoint me. Neither would send me into meltdown but I don't think I'd be over the moon either. Holloway or OGS would be my two ideals.

Heard one view this morning, whilst walking the dog close to the village (no sarcasm please), that Rovers no nearer and presently "treading through treacle".

Not surprised and who is confident we will have a manager come Wednesday ?

Heard one view this morning, whilst walking the dog close to the village (no sarcasm please), that Rovers no nearer and presently "treading through treacle".

Not surprised and who is confident we will have a manager come Wednesday ?

Which Wednesday?

I think the whole saga is now more about Singh than about the good of the club. He wants to leave a legacy, write his name in history by appointing the next Mourinho and the chances of that in my opinion are nil!

Anyone who knows anything about football, and especially Blackburn Rovers, knows that we need an experienced manager. With a squad thats unfit, can’t defend and has had any sort of creativity coached out of them by the rat the deserted the ship, we need to get back to basics, and an old head would enable us to do just that.

Sadly with Singh more interested in willy waving, I won’t hold my breath, but I hope I’m wrong.

A lot of the managers in that supposed short list are currently in work - so we are going to be interviewing them prior and post their matches today? Permission granted already yeah?

This truly is a mess - I am aware you sound out candidates unofficially but fear we are just putting off making a decision as whoever it is will underwhelm. Could also likely be the case that we don't have the money to make a really good appointment so stuck in the bargain basement.

Also just been told we won't get Holloway, but he is going somewhere soon. Asked for more info.

Looks like its going to be boycotts and banners again at this rate... Wtf is wrong with them?!

Seems mercermans above post is correct. Walking through treacle. Annoying when they can walk down a treacle free path but are choosing not to. Some sanity please...

Along with the muppets we have in the boardroom, here is another who has no place at Ewood.

http://www.thescotti...y-my-debts.html

With the farce going on in trying to appoint the next manager, I agree with Waggy. Any proper manager would be mad to come here.

IMO, our club is an utter and complete joke.

Can you imagine Jack Walker or John Williams letting anyone like Hendry, with such alleged personal baggage, anywhere near Ewood.

How far our standards and morals have fallen.

Also just been told we won't get Holloway, but he is going somewhere soon. Asked for more info.

Holloway was never realistic even if he was desperate to come AND others at the club were desperate for him to come AND he probably would have done a decent job. The man in his way, Shebby Singh. Expect a 'young with potential'. Let's see if Shebby can deliver a better calibre one than the others mentioned like Hill and Robinson.

IF he selects the right one, then maybe he could redeem himself from the stupid decision to block Holloway at all costs. Time will tell.

Archived