BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no just realised we have another hairless manager. I hope has has the Dingle game circled on his calender already. Come on Henning turn this lacklustre bunch around, give us something to be proud of again, good luck.

Think it was good that he set the ambition standard right away. He could have said like solbakken did at wolves "too early to talk about promotion this season" he wants to go straight up, he knows the fans and owners wants to go straight up, and he believes we have the resources to go straight up.

I think henning could work with Eric black. It all comes down to if they share some ideas and If Eric believes in what henning will do to take the team forward. Will not be surprised to see some changes, but it's not something I feel is very important to happen.

It seems some people on here just want to see blood and vengeance, especially on hendry. If henning thinks he can contribute to the staff I don't mind hendry staying

Well not in any way shape or form the manager i wanted but dispite any misgivings its time everyone got behind the players and manager no more booing fullstop lets get behind them and give them a lift remember how good ewood was at the end of big sams first season.

Im not overjoyed like I would be with a name along the lines of redknapp, but I'm certainly very optimistic, berg wont take no s*** from our muppet owners and rightly so. We have a great squad for this division and any manager who's half decent should be able to achieve promotion

I very much look forward to attending matches again at ewood park after being away for over a year now and my personal ban on purchasing anything rovers related to hurt venkys is now over

Not had chance to listen - did anyone ask him about him demanding full control at the club? Or what Shebby's role would be?

The entire shortlist that Shabby compiled seemed to be designed with the specific aim that none of the managers be the type that would demand full control. Venkys are doing Berg a favour giving him this job, his record far from indicates he warrants the position. In my eyes this is a very similar situation to Kean's appointment, and Venkys will be expecting a similar type of yes-man.

Don't thinks it's the best appointment but yet again who would've been?

Funny how he slated the way the clubs being run less than 5 months ago yet here he is has manager, v funny

He has been confronted with this in the norwegian media and says that they did very much wrong by keep on the manager despite his results and also selling their best assets. However he thinks that they are moving in a better direction and have given money to players such as Rhodes. He believes that from the owners to the players there is only one thing which counts and that is promotion.

Also he is asked about his good work with younger players during his stints at LIllestrøm and Lyn. He says that he knows of the tradition at Rovers creating young talents and he will not be afraid to give young players their chance to impress.

The entire shortlist that Shabby compiled seemed to be designed with the specific aim that none of the managers be the type that would demand full control. Venkys are doing Berg a favour giving him this job, his record far from indicates he warrants the position. In my eyes this is a very similar situation to Kean's appointment, and Venkys will be expecting a similar type of yes-man.

It that was true they wouldnt pick someone who had been slagging them off ?

Some BS being spouted by the six fingered eejits down the road. Some of them think that they got the best deal out of all the recent managerial appointments. They are criticizing Berg being sacked in his last job.

I don't think they've seen Dyche's (is it pronounced Dick?) record and the fact that he was sacked in his last managerial role.

It that was true they wouldnt pick someone who had been slagging them off ?

Warnock slagged Diouf off and then signed him. Even Venkys will know that words mean very little in football compared to money and self-interest. Venkys are reviving Berg's career and giving a jobless man a nice, juicy contract. They'll expect, and unfortunately probably get, a large amount of cooperation and tolerance of their meddling from Berg.

Are you serious? Berg a yes-man?

I'm baffled that you are even comparing him to Kean. Berg has managed for 7 years prior to coming here, and has done it all as a professional footballer.

Kean achieved nothing as a footballer, and was a coach before getting the job as a manager.

So from the comments I can see that Henning gives a good presser.

Where have I heard that before?

Hang on....wasn't the "good presser" a long running joke at Alan Nixon's expense?

Must of us thougth Kean was wooden, uninspiring and very flakey from his first interview.

Berg doesn't come across as any of those things.

So from the comments I can see that Henning gives a good presser.

Where have I heard that before?

We could have got Ince back? His opening "Presser" wasn't very good I recall. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

They'll expect, and unfortunately probably get, a large amount of cooperation and tolerance of their meddling from Berg.

Give the guy a chance eh? Is that too much to ask? You don't know that.

Cant believe that a "good presser" is being used against him. :huh: It would be better if he was nervous and stuttering like PI ?

Also Steve Keans Hypnotoad in an interview with TV2 Henning talks about his demands about what he is expecting to take care of himself and not be interfered with. Its not about the money.

Hennings a winner......... so his only downfall here will be if hes not given full support by the owners simple as that.

A sensible appointment lets hope hes allowed to bomb out those that need to be bombed out of the club and the appropriate improvements made where hes allowed to be bring in whoever regardless of who their agent maybe.

Awesome!!! Straight into it. That is what, I think, we all want to see. I am looking forward to say a months time to see what changes are made and also if the squads fitness has improved. It should be a back to basics for Berg. Assess the squads fitness first, get that up to scratch, then start looking at individual players so he can figure out his best team. I am sure he will have already been watching some of our games fromthis season on video over the past couple of days.

Holloway bet go well?

This is the thread I had pointed out to me...

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113857436

They are even starting to talk about beating us. They always do this. They big up their chances of beating us which puts their team under even more pressure then when they are beaten they always disappear under a rock saying... "Next time." They are the football equivalent of Dr Claw from Inspector Gadget.

Archived