BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From listening on BBC radio Lancs.... He sounds confident, spoken very well. Said that everyone 'including' the owners want promotion. Their summer activity (rhodes, best, murphy, gomes, etuhu) shows that.

''Our only aim is promotion, whether it be through automatic or via play-offs''. ''start of the season we scored goals but conceded to many, last 5 games we have tightened up without scoring enough. Need to build from that''

Went through the basics and as i said, he spoke very well.

Fully behing him! COYB!

• Backroom

Just heard a brief bit. Henning talked about how he wanted to build on what Eric had started with securing the defence but to also start scoring more goals. He also states promotion is a must this season whether it be via playoffs or automatic. He also applied for the job as soon as he heard it was available and Shebby said it took 5 weeks as they wanted to speak to all candidates and be absolutely sure they got the right man and didn't make any more mistakes.

I was very impressed with the press conference and by Henning Berg and I do believe that SS is a breath of fresh air. Since he came he put pressure on Kean resulting in him leaving (the best thing that could happened) I think its time everyone gets behind our team from now and move on.

I also think Henning is the right type of manager our club needs. He's hungry for success, hes young and he's got 7 years of manager experience and has played at the highest level as a player.

He Really wanted the job and applied for it. Did Holloway applied, don't think so.

And he also said he wanted an early press conference because he wanted to take the training session and asses the team.

Now the season begins and I can't believe wa are fifth with all our problems (Kean etc) He's got at good squad and I hope we will see more

of the lost ones in Vukcevic and Martin Olsson starting to show quality again.

No. It is supposed to be tusen takk which is thousand thanks, but translated is many thanks.

Well there is a story behind that.

In the summer of 1953 my ship (HMS Devonshire) visited Christiandsand in southern Norway. We were there for about 10 days. I was just 17 then and this was my first visit to Norway, and I found myself getting involved with a very nice young lady of my own age who taught me the only bit of Norwegian that I ever knew (or needed). This was the phrase I used in my post to Theno, BUT this young lady told me it meant "I love you" and tusen takk (we did not go into the spelling) meant "many thanks"

Thats all there is to it really.

So getting rid of backroom staff was just another rumour - hmmm who started it ?

Dont know but I was told last night he was getting a new backroom team in, he will assess first I assume but I am sure he will have his own people in once he sees the set up!

Well there is a story behind that.

In the summer of 1953 my ship (HMS Devonshire) visited Christiandsand in southern Norway. We were there for about 10 days. I was just 17 then and this was my first visit to Norway, and I found myself getting involved with a very nice young lady of my own age who taught me the only bit of Norwegian that I ever knew (or needed). This was the phrase I used in my post to Theno, BUT this young lady told me it meant "I love you" and tusen takk (we did not go into the spelling) meant "many thanks"

Thats all there is to it really.

Great story. Hope you got a home-run with the lady.

Guest Rovers4Good

Don't thinks it's the best appointment but yet again who would've been?

Funny how he slated the way the clubs being run less than 5 months ago yet here he is has manager, v funny

Glad to see they went for experience :) Did they not learn from the Kean saga?

Archived