BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Also we have a huge squad but we've got nothing like a team. No hight, no pace, no skill, just a group of players who play football in the most general sense without a purpose. Our current league position is more a reflection on how bad the league is rather than anything we've done.

Correct. There are some good players in the squad but whatever formation you try to put the squad in it doesn't look right...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, just heard Henning is taking the press conference seriously, he awoke at six, showered and is now blow drying his hair :lol:

Hope all goes well for you Henning,

From 99% of Rovers fans

It is 99% as well. Apart from that Gibbon bloke on Roverstalk who seems to have it in for Berg already (according to the media in Norway) ;)

We have been poorly coached, under prepared for games and generally not fit enough due to the way Kean managed/coached the team.

This has been happening for too long for anything to be able to happen overnight, patience is required and I hope the majority of fans realise that.

as we are in the championship, i have not been able to find links to our games in general and therefore havent been able to see watch the majority of them. Since black has taken the reins, the defence hasnt let in as many goals, so i was wondering what kind of team Berg inherits.

Is the defence looking fine.?

is the fitness better ?

our build up play.?

our attacking play as well as counter attacks.?

This is a question for those who really follow the club and players closely, how much time would Berg need to correct those issues in your opinion.? I know its a difficult question to answer, i sure a hell aint a 2+2 =4, but what do you feel would be realistic.?

Backroom staff ?

I wonder what Patrik Andersson is doing these days ? He arrived together with Henning the first time Berg came to Rovers for a trial. Henning stayed, but Patrik was rejected by Kenny Dalgliesh and Ray Harford after playing just a few games, he then went on to do quite well for himself (Champions League with A.C. Milan etc.) I don't know what Andersson has done since finishing playing, but he might be available ?

as we are in the championship, i have not been able to find links to our games in general and therefore havent been able to see watch the majority. Since black has taken the reins, the defence hasnt let in as many goals, so i was wondering what kind of team Berg inherits.

is the fitness better ?

our build up play.?

This is a question for those who really follow the club and players close, how much time would Berg need to correct those issues in your opinion.? I know its a difficult question to answer, i sure a hell aint a 2+2 =4, but what do you feel would be realistic.?

Solid defensively, but not creating enough chances.

As I have understood by listening to matches and also reading about them there have been a huge change in the organization of the team and we have kept clean sheets.

as we are in the championship, i have not been able to find links to our games in general and therefore havent been able to see watch the majority. Since black has taken the reins, the defence hasnt let in as many goals, so i was wondering what kind of team Berg inherits.

is the fitness better ?

our build up play.?

This is a question for those who really follow the club and players closely, how much time would Berg need to correct those issues in your opinion.? I know its a difficult question to answer, i sure a hell aint a 2+2 =4, but what do you feel would be realistic.?

The defence look more solid, yes but defending goes right through the team, evidence of Jason Lowe pressing the ball well from midfield, counter attacks - no, we have no real pace in the team and Rhodes is up top on his own, build up play is not too good as we play too narrow, I understand Berg likes to play with wide men so we will see!

Backroom staff ?

I wonder what Patrik Andersson is doing these days ? He arrived together with Henning the first time Berg came to Rovers for a trial. Henning stayed, but Patrik was rejected by Kenny Dalgliesh and Ray Harford after playing just a few games, he then went on to do quite well for himself (Champions League with A.C. Milan etc.) I don't know what Andersson has done since finishing playing, but he might be available ?

He is currently a scout for Man Utd I believe. As far as I know he has not been involved in any coaching at all since his retirement.

as we are in the championship, i have not been able to find links to our games in general and therefore havent been able to see watch the majority of them. Since black has taken the reins, the defence hasnt let in as many goals, so i was wondering what kind of team Berg inherits.

is the fitness better ?

our build up play.?

I went to the Watford game on Saturday. It was my first game at Ewood since Chelsea at home in 2010. I took a couple of Czech friends there, sat in the JW Upper and I have to say I was in complete shock.

First of all the place was like a funeral home. When the team was read out at the start it was surreal, like he felt embarassed to put any effort into reading the names because he knew it would get no response. Fans were booing players and apart from a group in the Darwen End (Fair play to them) were silent throughout.

The above issues will hopefully be half sorted now with Berg in charge.

The other issues you mentioned need to be sorted asap. One thing I noticed that completely shocked me was the fitness. It really was strange to see. It wasn't far off lower league fitness levels. Defense...solid. The midfield looked capable of creating chances but seemed to be afraid to do so. I don't have a big issue with this because it was the same when Hughes came in...sort the defence out first then work on attack.

The players were scared to create. Ollson for example wouldn't run forward despite the fans screaming at him.

I'm positive. If the fans come back now and get behind Berg we could be in for an exciting season.

Solid defensively, but not creating enough chances.

As I have understood by listening to matches and also reading about them there have been a huge change in the organization of the team and we have kept clean sheets.

the areas a manager can improve and rather quickly is organisation and tactics, are those 2 areas where berg excels.?

The defence look more solid, yes but defending goes right through the team, evidence of Jason Lowe pressing the ball well from midfield, counter attacks - no, we have no real pace in the team and Rhodes is up top on his own, build up play is not too good as we play too narrow, I understand Berg likes to play with wide men so we will see!

Thanks.

looks like Berg will need a bit of time then.

the areas a manager can improve and rather quickly is organisation and tactics, are those 2 areas where berg excels.?

I believe so. He has also been updating his footballknowledge after his job at LSK. As a pundit on TV2 he has shown very good analytic skills and has been very spot on regarding Keans failures.

its not my first choice but as a centre half myself he was my favorite player until he signed for united. i was traumatised that day! luckily we got him back and I have a lot of time for the bloke.

Hopefully this is a fresh start, the fans can unite and get behind him.

Now is the time to forget Steve who? and for me each player now has a clean slate. Even Bradley, which believe me was difficult to offer.

Onwards and upwards!! Lets give the bloke a chance - its not going to be pretty but all I can say is remember Hughes at the start.

Brace yourself for for several 0-0s! but its better than losing 3-2

Backroom staff ?

Didnt we take Patrick on and he played for a while before moving to Barca?

Henning Berg requested that the press conference was to be held at 8:30am, so that he could take training later today.

No nonsense already from Henning. Go on lad!

Awesome!!! Straight into it. That is what, I think, we all want to see. I am looking forward to say a months time to see what changes are made and also if the squads fitness has improved. It should be a back to basics for Berg. Assess the squads fitness first, get that up to scratch, then start looking at individual players so he can figure out his best team. I am sure he will have already been watching some of our games fromthis season on video over the past couple of days.

I believe so. He has also been updating his footballknowledge after his job at LSK. As a pundit on TV2 he has shown very good analytic skills and has been very spot on regarding Keans failures.

So he hs been taking his badges, sounds good. Norway do tend to produce organised and tactically good players and managers.

Hopefully he will hit the ground running and the the tactical and organisationial parts are sorted quickly.

Hopefully those attending the games, will have some patience and support hi and the team.

EDIT. love the part about the early presser, so he can be in charge of the training. imo it says a little something about his character.

Archived