BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

Are you surprised?, he's a knobender along with his mate Aggers. I hope Berg gets a hold on the club and manages to convince ''that lot'' over in Pune to ditch these monkeys and get John Williams and a respectable team back at the club. Unlikely I know but we can all dream I suppose.

Would a team manager have power over the likes of Shaw and Agnew ? Unlikely.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a supporter of FK Lyn (Henning's first club as Manager in Norway). And I must say that I truly believe Berg would be good for Rovers.

Henning Berg is is a typical 4-4-2 manager, he is extremely good at building teams with young players on a low budget, and he may have some post match interviews that would put Ian Holloway in the shade..

On the other hand, you have OGS that really has not proven anything in Norway other than that he can buy himself a title.

Well he got sacked after getting 1 point from 8 games. Thats worse than Kean.

That's right but only after losing 4 key players without getting any new ones in, playing with 8-9 teenagers in the starting eleven is almost impossible.. When he had his best players Lillestrøm were top of the table!

so when ogs has good players and won the title, he bought it and apparently that doesnt count, but when lillestrøm had good players and they were at the top, it does count.? I wouldnt call that a fair way of judging these guys. I would call that a pathetic and biased assesment.

Berg will get his chance to prove his worth, but trying to manufacture and boost his cv, doesnt do anyone any favours.

Welcome back Henning.

You have it all to prove, but we have great memories of you.

In particular I remember an interview at Deepdale the night we won promotion in 2001 - he looked genuinely thrilled for the club to be back in the big time.

It just feels so good to have a man of integrity at the helm!

Would a team manager have power over the likes of Shaw and Agnew ? Unlikely.

I'm not sure, some would argue Kean did in his time as manager at Rovers. I can't see Berg being as manipulative as Kean was but Venkys are clearly naive and easily led.

Or Hendry.

Yes, I think he could be a bit harder to shift though with them being team mates together, can't see him being binned on the first day.

What is Gamst saying in his video interview on the same page as Bergs video ?

You are referring to this : http://www.tv2.no/play/sport/fotball/-jeg-faar-vise-at-jeg-er-god-nok-675346.html

He said he was happy that Berg was appointed. Good that the manager is Norwegian. Didn't know much about him as a manager, but as a player he found him to be very good at organizing the defense. He thinks it is going to be exciting times ahead. He believes he has to fight for a spot in the team under Berg just as any other player.

so when ogs has good players and is winning the title, he bought the title and apparently that doesnt count, but when lillestrøm had good players and they were at the top, it does count.? I wouldnt call that a fair way of judging these guys. I would call that a pathetic and biased assesment.

Berg will get his chance to prove his worth, but trying to manufacture and boost his cv, doesnt do anyone any favours.

I'm just quoting, I have no idea of the ins-and-outs....but possibly Lillestrom might have just spent as much as say Arsenal, compared to Molde and City or Chelsea.....if Berg's team didn't spend one of the most in the league, then it is entirely different to if OGS's team spent the most imo.

I liked Henning Berg as a player. His management record so far is unremarkable and one can't help but think the idiot owners have pulled the purse strings tighter than they should have, however, he is an instant improvement on the keaning clown previously at the wheel. He is thus worthy of our instant support.

Exiled Rover you Are quoted in Norwegian media: Horrible signing. His managerial record is rubbish.

Not good that the media is already talking about fans not being happy with Berg.

There is a pic of Berg with the title: Its a shame that we have hired him. Quote from Gibbon at roverstalk.

There Is also a positive quote from this MB from Neal.

http://www.nettavisen.no/m/?articleId=3504278

If it was me taking over, my starting point would be, speak to the players as a group, tell them what I wanted, take a training session and then speak to most of the senior staff individually in a no punches pulled meeting, get the feel and mood of the camp first, you would soon find the real issues and issues which can be easily erased.

But to start having a go at your bosses at the first presser would be foolhardy and in my opinion, he will state the positives of being in a challenging position, his feelings for the club and the importance of uniting supporters, players and management!

There will be little more said in my opinion, yes, the question will be asked regarding previous comments, I expect this will be put aside and that discussions prior to accepting the position clarified that Berg would have control of the footballing side/selections etc!!

+1

(Poorly translated through the internet)-----"Nothing? He developed players like Edu, Ighalo, Ujah, Nosa, Sigurd Bergmann Arson etc. So he sold the players for insane amounts of money. Money that clubs later spilled onto nonsense. And we bring Mikkel Berg then only better. Henning Berg has always been very good in the transfer market. Now he comes to a club with money and then he can bring out their full potential.

He led the Lightning to a 3rd place, while the successors delivered lousy results and eventually became bankrupt. It's not his fault Henning. LSK was miserable when he took over. They had too much debt and had to sell part of Åråsen. Underberg then delivered the not so good results, as there were too many draws matches. It should also be mentioned that the wealth he bought cheap and sold expensive. Which led to great profit."

Oh god no more polls pleeaasee

I disagree.

This is THE poll. I'd like to know what the immediate reaction is to the signing.

There is a lot of feelgood on this board - largely I suspect (with respect) - due to the number of Norwegian members who are very happy their countryman has the top job at THEIR favourite English club. The feedback I've had personally is a lot less excited.

Anyone posting anything negative is being shouted down already so we are unlikely to hear much from them. It'd be interesting to see the split.

i see many asking about norwegian players he would bring in.

The main problem with norwegian players is that the general consensus among norwegian coaches/journalists is that the league is not as good as it used to be, so it is difficult to tell if a player is ready to take the new step up. We have seen that players like Bjørn helge Riise (former fulham), Erik huseklepp (former birmingham), Tarik Elyounoussi (former herenveen) Per ciljan Skjelbred (hamburger), jonathan parr (crystal palace) doesnt really get much playing time.

In addition to this clubs in norway won't sell cheap, so you will probably end up risking 1-2 milion £ on someone who don't quite cut it. That being said Henning has shown that he is capable of doing good signings, and even some of the players he had in his squad at lyn like Kim Holmen for instance did really good under him but his career has really plummited (playing in second division in norway) after they went their separate ways.

I dont really think there is any stand out norwegian players that would be worth risking alot of money, maybe a central defender but imo thats not the first position we should strenghten

Exiled Rover you Are quoted in Norwegian media: Horrible signing. His managerial record is rubbish.

Not good that the media is already talking about fans not being happy with Berg.

There is a pic of Berg with the title: Its a shame that we have hired him. Quote from Gibbon at roverstalk.

Disappointing but again, this may or may not represent the feelings of the fans.

I'm just quoting, I have no idea of the ins-and-outs....but possibly Lillestrom might have just spent as much as say Arsenal, compared to Molde and City or Chelsea.....if Berg's team didn't spend one of the most in the league, then it is entirely different to if OGS's team spent the most imo.

i was aware of that SIAH, just thought that the assesment was really biased, not having a go at you, but more at tthe shifts in criteria. If you have good players, it doesnt matter if they are bought or not, you have good players.

the fact that this person you quoted states, that ogs hasnt proved anything and yet ogs has 1 league title to his name and another one on its way, is lunacy.

I don't see any reason to be unduly negative about Berg- we could have had Maradona for kean's sake. We have just had keaning Kean!!!!

I think we could be very pleasantly surprised.

Further evidence of my earlier post. The ice is melting !

I agree stuart, but such an article in one of the biggest medias in norway is embarassing.

It's certainly embarrassing if the comments of a small minority are being taken as a majority view.

How the fans react to this appointment is important now. If we do not give him a chance, we will be finished as far as any positive media coverage.

The media have been jealous (in the 90s), disinterested in the 00s and are ignorant towards us in the 10s. I don't especially care what the write/broadcast about us but the impact it has on fans of other clubs is a source of annoyance.

My personal opinion - if the Norwegian media would like to quote me - is that Berg has done nothing wrong but equally has everything to prove. Not least that he can help turn our basketcase of a club back into a respectable outfit. He would have been few people's first choice but has impressed those who has spoken to him enough to offer him the job - we have to take that at face value and give Berg the benefit of the doubt. However, we must give him time to put his style on the club and be given the tools to do his job without interference from the "non-football" people who are involved in our club.

I agree stuart, but such an article in one of the biggest medias in norway is embarassing.

Someone needs to tell them that BRFCS is not the ''go to'' place for rational opinions.

I don't see any reason to be unduly negative about Berg- we could have had Maradona for kean's sake. We have just had keaning Kean!!!!

I think we could be very pleasantly surprised.

Good to see even the most cynical amongst us are warming to Berg.

Archived