BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

I am a bit confused about where this leaves Black. Will he stay on as assistant. I wouldn't have much problem with that personally.

Berg has said he'll talk with everyone already at the club and see if they are share the same ideas.

I'd be surprised to see Black stay as almost every manager likes to take their own assistant to a new job, but we'll see. I don't think Black would struggle getting a similar job elsewhere, he's done his reputation no harm in his caretaker stint.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berg has said he'll talk with everyone already at the club and see if they are share the same ideas.

I'd be surprised to see Black stay as almost every manager likes to take their own assistant to a new job, but we'll see. I don't think Black would struggle getting a similar job elsewhere, he's done his reputation no harm in his caretaker stint.

That's not always the case. Especially with younger managers. They need to work with different people before they determine their own team.

WSC article recalling Hennings thoughts on Souness

http://www.wsc.co.uk...er-nine-yearsin

Rather damning, anyone still take the tactically inept Souness back? :lol:

Souey did a desent job but this certainly shows that he rode hi luck in terms of tactics and he clearly couldnt man manage for toffee.

Good luck to Berg, lets hope he gets us promoted.

• Backroom

This may be a controversial opinion but its one I've held all along.

Now we have a manager in I think it's imperative that Shebby doesn't undermine him by discussing footballing matters with ANY fans.

IMO a bad precedent has been set recently and it almost creates a culture of entitlement among the fans and we need to get as far away from this as possible and let Henning Berg do the job he is employed to do.

Here's hoping

After watching the press conference I must say Berg impressed me within 10 seconds when Shebby said "Apologies for the early start, if you want someone to blame, blame Henning. He wants to look around and to the training ground as soon as possible". This told me two things....

1) Berg has got his priorities straight - He wanted to get the media guff out of the way so he could crack on with the important stuff.

2) Berg is calling the shots - He dictated the time of the conference and not Shebby.

I can imagine if we'd have got Holloway the conference would have been at mid-day and lasted 3 hours whilst Ian goes through his comedy routine.

There seems to be a lot of positivity around the place which is quite refreshing after the depressing 2 years under he who shouldn't be named ever again. Even a miserable negative sod like myself is feeling like a weight has been lifted with the new appointment. Henning's appointment is a gamble but every single possible managerial candidate would have been a gamble to some extent with the stakes being so high this season.

Now we have a manager in I think it's imperative that Shebby doesn't undermine him by discussing footballing matters with ANY fans.

IMO a bad precedent has been set recently and it almost creates a culture of entitlement among the fans and we need to get as far away from this as possible and let Henning Berg do the job he is employed to do.

Here's hoping

Not controversial, total common sense. We have to be kept ar arms length, it is after all, none of our business. We should only be concerned with results now and get the fans/hierarchy relationship as it should be.

Welcome Henning, you've got my total support.

There seems to be a lot of positivity around the place which is quite refreshing after the depressing 2 years under he who shouldn't be named ever again. Even a miserable negative sod like myself is feeling like a weight has been lifted with the new appointment. Henning's appointment is a gamble but every single possible managerial candidate would have been a gamble to some extent with the stakes being so high this season.

Absolutely.

Here's hoping

+100

After watching the press conference I must say Berg impressed me within 10 seconds when Shebby said "Apologies for the early start, if you want someone to blame, blame Henning. He wants to look around and to the training ground as soon as possible". This told me two things....

1) Berg has got his priorities straight - He wanted to get the media guff out of the way so he could crack on with the important stuff.

2) Berg is calling the shots - He dictated the time of the conference and not Shebby.

I can imagine if we'd have got Holloway the conference would have been at mid-day and lasted 3 hours whilst Ian goes through his comedy routine.

please could you link me the press conference?

Welcome back Henning.

Now onto the the press conference:

“The backroom staff have done well. It would be foolish for me to come in here and start making changes before I know anyone personally. I will assess how we will work together, to see if we have the same idea. I’m looking to work with the people we have here.”

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Meanwhile, managing director Derek Shaw felt that they had got the right man: “There were some excellent calibre of candidates, but we spent two hours with Henning and felt that he is the right man. He (Henning) interviewed very well.”

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Plus he doesn't seem to have his own entourage sat around waiting for him to get a job. I think Black will stay a la Parkes and Hendry will be canned ASAP. Good signal for him to send out early to the players

As long as Henning gets the option of hiring and firing backroom staff.

This is one of my worries ( i.e. Shebby keep your nose out ).

Here's hoping

Totaly agree.

Welcome back Henning.

“The backroom staff have done well. It would be foolish for me to come in here and start making changes before I know anyone personally. I will assess how we will work together, to see if we have the same idea. I’m looking to work with the people we have here.”

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Meanwhile, managing director Derek Shaw felt that they had got the right man: “There were some excellent calibre of candidates, but we spent two hours with Henning and felt that he is the right man. He (Henning) interviewed very well.”

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I think Black improved things in a few matches, than Kean did in nearly two years. Not perfect, but was far better than Kean.

Welcome back Henning.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure what your issues are?

Black has done a very good job, seems capable of covering and organising a defence correctly. He has also been critical of Kean - which is a massive plus.

The fans hate Hendry because of his connection to Kean. We are all up in arms regarding him ripping off a naive mate - should we really care though? Garner was sent down but we still like him.

In terms of the interview, two hours is a decent length for an interview. For anyone, the proof will only be in the performances.

Welcome back Henning.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!?!?!?!

So what do you expect? Berg to ship out every member of the backroom staff before assessing them? Is that a good idea?

Think about it. Expect a few to be replaced, sooner or later, but surely one should expect Berg to at least get to know how they think, their footballing philosophy and all, and how they are as coaches before deciding who to keep (which is something he said himself). Singh stated that Berg has free reins in terms of who he wants in his backroom staff..

Berg will win fans on his side. What a start that was. An early press conference so he can take the training. For him it´s not just being a manager, he wants to be a succesful manager.

Taking good results from our next away games would be a huge platform for Henning´s home debut. Hope the fans will find Ewood again.

Quite a decent article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20168137

Berg sounds like a top bloke:

As a multitude of photographers called for the ubiquitous shot of manager holding aloft a shirt with his name emblazoned on the back, Berg spun the famous blue and white shirt around. He pointed to the badge and said simply: "This is the most important thing, not a name on the back."

As a multitude of photographers called for the ubiquitous shot of manager holding aloft a shirt with his name emblazoned on the back, Berg spun the famous blue and white shirt around. He pointed to the badge and said simply: "This is the most important thing, not a name on the back."

+1 . I am excited. He is one of us, news conference at 8.30 so he can take training, my kind of leader. History is not destiny, the wait is over, all of our energy should be directed and getting behind Henning and the team.

You have done your job Shebby now take a background seat.

I think he realised exactly where Kean was going wrong from a fans' point of view (taking away his actual lack of managerial ability and the criminal record) and will use this to his advantage.

However, with it being Berg, I believe it's more than just words.

I think I've gone from underwhelmed to impressed in the duration of today.

Archived