BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

the thing that hurts the most is we had a chance to appoint some proven managers like holloway, mccarthy, i would have accepted berg alot more if this had been done weeks ago and they had said berg was their number 1 choice, singh is keaned this up big time and nothing will make me accept him or forgive him for that, i will give berg a chance and get behind him but if by the new year results have been poor then he will get no more backing from me, a blind man and his dog can get rovers out of this league

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing that hurts the most is we had a chance to appoint some proven managers like holloway, mccarthy, i would have accepted berg alot more if this had been done weeks ago and they had said berg was their number 1 choice, singh is keaned this up big time and nothing will make me accept him or forgive him for that, i will give berg a chance and get behind him but if by the new year results have been poor then he will get no more backing from me, a blind man and his dog can get rovers out of this league

With Murphy Lowe or Etuhu playing midfield and no right winger you're having a laugh. Three poor players here just add to making the team bobbins regardless of how ever wonderful the manger may be!

a blind man and his dog can get rovers out of this league

Based on what exactly? I think you are underestimating how tricky this league is to get out of.A prime example of this is Allardyces West Ham last year, his team was far superior to ours is this year and did they walk it? did they balls.

i wasnt specifically talking about rovers, i was talking about how poor this league is, any above average side (which rovers are at this level) could get out of a tin-pot league like this

Ok when you say how poor the league is................. just remember how poor some of our players are.

We need to back Berg 100%, no reservations, 100%.

As for the ease of getting Rovers out of this league, it's a lot harder than you suggest and there are plenty of teams who will make it difficult for us but I do have faith in Henning.

I hope Henning and Eric Black can manage to work together. Would be really good to keep Black. Just heard Hignett describe Black as the best coach he ever had, seem hugely popular among the players as well. Biggest issue is probably if Black wants to hang around.

i hope im wrong but come may, i will leave my reputation on the line (if i have one) and say we wont get promoted with berg, feel free to slate me if we are in the premierleague come the end of the season

What Im saying is with this bunch of overrated players we wouldnt get promoted with Jose Mourinho so we know what has to change.

All things considered, yes.

The fact we're up there in spite of the farce behind the scenes, I'd say there's more to come from this side. Wouldn't you?

With a poor central midfield and no right winger just dont know how you could get any more from this bunch.

With a poor central midfield and no right winger just dont know how you could get any more from this bunch.

Tactical organisation? Man-management? Fitness levels? The squad hasn't had a proper manager in months (some, years).

Will go a long way.

We do have a decent right winger: CKR. Etuhu and Lowe decent midfield pairing. They should sit and likes of Rhodes, Rochina, Dunn, Gomes, Pedersen play. With Olsson as attacking LB. If they can get fit, there also is depth. Surely on paper enough for promotion. But getting them fit and playing together is not easy. Confidence in Berg. Still might take two years to get back up. I just hope we don't hoof ball up but play to Rhodes's strengths.

Tactical organisation? Man-management? Fitness levels? The squad hasn't had a proper manager in months (some, years).

Will go a long way.

Should be interesting all im saying is dont get carried away if this team fails in achieving its goal this season it wont be the mangers fault.

Our current right winger has over 30 caps for Turkey...

Is he a winger ? You could have fooled me.

Should be interesting all im saying is dont get carried away if this team fails in achieving its goal this season it wont be the mangers fault.

I'm under no illusions of this squad's limitations. But we have enough quality to get ourselves out of this league... with the right manager.

So I take it you were for keeping Kean, then?

What Im saying is with this bunch of overrated players we wouldnt get promoted with Jose Mourinho so we know what has to change.

I'd prefer to judge them after they've all had some training. They haven't had a fitness coach for how many months?

The guy who won the Champions League with Porto couldn't get our squad promoted? Coyle got Burnley's promoted ffs.

Look at Leicester and Cardiff's squads.....some very decent players in there but hardly an envious squad.

We also have two decent right wingers in Vukcevic and Kazim......if not we can just solely attack down the left like Everton or us with Hoilett last season by using Martin Olsson.....who on the wing has to be too good for this division.

Archived