BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

It was blatently obvious he wasn't first choice. Sherwood was top of the list followed by McKinlay. We had official approaches turned down for those two which the club confirmed. I'm sure that's how the question was put to Shaw. I do agree, thouh, he could have worded it better.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Shaw's comments are an absolute disgrace regardless of how true they are. He should step down or be removed for such ill-advised remarks. A man of his experience should know better.

Unfortunately, the lack of structure and discipline at the club means people like Shaw feel they can make these types of comments and get away with it.

Everyone on here was raving about Shaw the other day. Saying he should take over the process and Shebby should be ditched.

How things change.

(I'm not defending Shaw, I have never liked him, which is why I was unsure why everyone loved him a few days ago.)

I dunno Den..we're fifth in the table despite being a shambles for most of the season. Black has done some of the hard work in plugging the leaky defence. Not many managers get to take over a team near the top of the table, most are trying to do rescue jobs at the lower end (Freedman, McCarthy for example).

As for off the pitch...he surely knows what he's letting himself in for. He seemed as clued up as anybody so it's not like he's going in blind. He's a strong man and a strong character, you could see from yesterday that he doesn't suffer fools (Singh) gladly. In terms of dealing with the owners, I actually think we've got one of the best men for that job. If he can follow that up on the pitch then we could be on to a winner.

He has a fool to thank for getting the job so will have to suffer him.

Everyone on here was raving about Shaw the other day. Saying he should take over the process and Shebby should be ditched.

How things change.

(I'm not defending Shaw, I have never liked him, which is why I was unsure why everyone loved him a few days ago.)

Who loves him Bucky? People were saying that we need a structure where Berg reports to the chairman, without a malaysian attache interfering. It just so happens that Shaw is the chairman. Try to understand these things. :D It really is quite straight forward.

As for Shaw's comments, under a proper owner he would be taken to one side and told exactly what's what.

How things change.

Typical mate.

Shebby is great, then he's a liar, then he's great again.

Black is not good enough, then Black deserves the job.

People change their opinion like underwear the sad part of it is most don't realise they are doing it.

Who loves him Bucky? People were saying that we need a structure where Berg reports to the chairman, without a malaysian attache interfering. It just so happens that Shaw is the chairman. Try to understand these things. :D It really is quite straight forward.

As for Shaw's comments, under a proper owner he would be taken to one side and told exactly what's what.

People don't love him but were standing up for him as his apparent choice was Holloway.

Typical mate.

People change their opinion like underwear the sad part of it is most don't realise they are doing it.

Exactly. Totally agree.

Shebby was the one who got rid of Kean while Shaw was basically Kean's lieutenant.

What did you expect?

den. We have all read this topic over the last few weeks. Don't pretend there wasn't a love in for Shaw because there definitely was.

I don't remember one person loving him, or saying what a great chairman he is Bucky.

Shebby was the one who got rid of Kean while Shaw was basically Kean's lieutenant.

What did you expect?

den. We have all read this topic over the last few weeks. Don't pretend there wasn't a love in for Shaw because there definitely was.

Except there is no evidence to ever prove that true. Every time Shebby has been interviewed he has said he had to power but didn't act in Kean resigning. In fact he has said he had a great working relationship with Kean. He wouldn't say that If he forced Kean to resign, as Kean could publicly humiliate Shebby by outing him as a liar.

What did you expect?

A love in for Shaw, I think you've been living in a different universe. Some of us said Shebby shouldn't be the only one who decides who the manager was, and wanted experience which was a view shared with Shaw. That's not exactly a "love in". Let's not forget Shebby wanted Billy McKinlay which is grounds for him being committed.

Wonder does Henning have the balls to really do whats necessary at ewood, i mean really go in and stomp his authority, at the end of this season regardless of what league we are in he needs to get rid of the deadwood i.e dunny, pedersen, goodwillie and the portugal under 21 squad...give others a real dose of reality and a kick up the kean i.e Murphy, Etuhu, Formica, Lowe...

The people above have been on a free ride for a long time and picking up an easy wage week in week out!! Joke!! Fed up with all the free loaders and the likes of Kean letting it get to that point!

Optimism truly feels great.

Nearly 2 years of abject worry, misery and hoping for the best. I'd had my fill to be honest. Now it feels like a new start, we have one of our own in charge. His experience might be questionable but all managers need a chance if they are to create history. The difference between Berg and the last fool is the definate love for the club that he has. He will lose sleep when if we struggle, and the freshness of this shared belief for the direction we are going in - Feels very good.

Hopefully, lots of Blackburn Rovers fans are feeling the same. This turning of a new "positive" leaf could be the start of "getting our Ewood back"

Good look Berg

Typical mate.

Absolute rubbish.

The one thing that winds me up more than anything is the fact that Shaw has pretty much admited that he has been the source of the leaks in regards to the next manager "his everyone knows comment".. never liked the guy, then he backed Kean, went on a PR campaign against Shebby (who I am no fan of but he did it at the wrong time for the wrong reasons), and now makes comments about Berg (he still had the audacity to make out he was the first point of contact) before he has even started..a sad state of afairs all round.

Shaw reminds me to much of our nation at the moment, way to many past it fools in every walk of life desperatly undermining everyone around them in a vain hope that he keeps his daft salary and easy life. Shebby is a bafoon of the highest order, but has more honour IMO in his little toe, he went straight to the biggest fans group (who I am not part of btw) and told them what he was after.. he might of got it all very wrong and still might of done so, but he got what he wanted in the end and most of us are happy.

The fact we know every name Shebby shot down should be proof enough, the big question for me is who did Shaw knock back.. Reg and a few have mentioned Shearer being knocked back by Shaw.. the question there should be why?

IMO we probably lost out on experienced managers due to both Shaw and Shebby from both sides.. but imo if either should get the sack it should not be the one who has sorted the funds for Rhodes, got rid of Kean and has at the end of the day brought in someone we all respect and importantly is one of a handful you can say are ROVERS.

Hoping we start afresh properly, and clear out Agnew and Shaw plus the rest of the fools they brought with them before more becomes of this new born drama series.

i have no problem with shaws statement, in a world where spin doctors rule, its actually refreshing to hear someone answering with some honesty. singh has the same "flaw".

The statement wont have any effect on the support Berg recieves from the fans and that is what matters.

Archived