BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst we need to start seeing improvements I think promotion is a very tough ask this season.

Henning should be given until the end of next season to achieve the goal.

Next season is far more realistic ..Players need to be shown the door and quick !!!!

Richards , Orr, Murphy , Portugese players who don;t get a game , Etuhu (we need someone better then him in that pivotal role ) the list is endless Formica , Goodwillie etc

Next season is far more realistic ..Players need to be shown the door and quick !!!!

Richards , Orr, Murphy , Portugese players who don;t get a game , Etuhu (we need someone better then him in that pivotal role ) the list is endless Formica , Goodwillie etc

Couldnt agree more

Todays results do not and will not determine who is the best manager between Berg, Holloway, Freedman and McCarthy.

Let us not underestimate the enormity of Bergs task. The squad is simply not good enough and he will get little or no credible support from Venkys, Singh, Shaw or Agnew.

Shaw's comments about Berg not being first choice and Singhs comments on promotion or bust are their first attempts at starting to lay off the blame should promotion not be achieved. Expect many more 'self preservation' statements from them as the season progresses.

The only support Berg will get will be from the fans, so it is important that we all get behind him no matter what our opinion is on his appointment.

Don't forget a lot of us wanted Martin O'Neill 12 months ago. Looking at Sunderland's position 16th in the Prenmier League it doesn't look like he is the success we all thought he would be.

I just hope Berg can push the best out of the squad which I believed other available managers could. If Berg manages to sort this mess out, when he's still finding his feet in this league, he's a genius. Also Shebby Singh is for picking him.

Don't forget we weren't the only side today under a manager who found himself in charge late this week

Yes but there is a huge difference in the two previous managers isn't there. Sir Alex, Clough and Shankly combined could not undo in a day and a half the mess that Steve Kean took two years to put together

Yes but there is a huge difference in the two previous managers isn't there. Sir Alex, Clough and Shankly combined could not undo in a day and a half the mess that Steve Kean took two years to put together

This is absolutely correct. When not just the first team but the entire club is a shambles from top to bottom, any progress will necessarily be slow. We used to be run like a top premier league club even when we were in the Championship. Recently we've been run like a non-league club, and less efficiently then many of those, even when we were in the premeir league. It's not just a case opf getting results on the pitch, although that's berg's priority, but sorting out a lot of behind the scenes rubbish so that he can get those results on the ptch. Sorting out attitudes, establishing himself as the one whose word counts, sorting out fitness aren't things that will happen overnight. The team on the pitch has according to many (Ihaven't seen much of them so I won't comment myself) been very lucky to have the points we already have, and that luck was bound to run out sometime especially when they met a confident team whose owners have moved quickly to replace a resepcted manager with another very popular one. Their team was already playing with confidence and Holloway will have had nothing to do with yesterday's team. However, the new manager coming in bounce will also have lifted their game. Give Berg a chance. He'll be finding out just what a mess the whole place is in and sorting out rpiorities over the next few weks and whilst we could do with a couple of results, there's no point in getting on his back this early and making things even harder for him.

As most people have rightly stated, the club and team is in a total mess. The players aren't fit and have no tactics to play to. The squad is filled with more deadwood than when Kean took over. Don't you think that it's significant that since Kean has gone, we've barely seen any of the Portuguese U-21 team? God, there are many of them that I can't remember them all. There was a striker called Edinho who played a few games and was crap. There was a winger who looked handy enough and a defence midfielder called Jorge I think. Your man Rosado has been making the bench but has yet to play and the centre back that Shebby signed is nowhere to be seen. Nuno Gomes hasn't even been getting a game, which I think is strange as he had been scoring goals.

Most of these guys need to go as they aren't good enough. You could add in Kazim-Richards, Orr, Murphy, Formica and Pedersen as players who need to be shown the door as they are a huge drain on the club and haven't performed at a lower level.

I read a lot of the comments on the Lancashire Telegraph, and frankly a lot of them disgust me, particularly those by SmelltheCoftee. They persistently tried to hound Venkys, Singh, Agnew and Shaw out of the club, posted about stupid conspiracies and agents, and accused anyone who was posting optimistic comments such as Forever Blue and White of being undercover PR agents or Kentaro people or Venkys' mouthpieces. Okay, I get it that people want Singh et al to go, but the manner in which they did was offensive, plus the attacks on other fans were uncalled for. They aren't even willing to give Berg a chance, and all of them are writing him off and slagging those who gave Berg a chance as deluded, PR agents, blind, etc. I'm surprised the LT doesn't ban their comments.

And there area few deluded people who think that a rich oil Arab merchant who so happens to be a Rovers fan will come and buy us one day. I get it that they want Venkys to sell, but to who? Please don't say the rich oil merchant I mentioned earlier, that has a lower chance of happening than a freaking apocalypse. Some people have to wake up and stop dreaming of another Roman Abrovmich or Abu Dhubai, and if they are trying to force Venkys to sell, please consider this: will the next buyer be better or be worse? We all thought Venkys would be better than the Walker's Trust, and while they have shattered that dream they are trying to pour money back to invest in the club. Any gurantees the next buyer will be better than Venkys? Might be worse for all we know.

So let's calm down and think before posting those comments on the Lancashire Telegraph.

And you wonder why you people say your pro venky.

People can say what they like , I've no ideas about Singapore but we live in a free country .

Worse owners than scumkys hahahahaha how the pluck can you have worse owners than the buffoons we have.

Are the owners doing a job !

As an answer to people who say we should have chosen so and so, let's see where we end up at the end of the season compared to their new teams. Plenty of time yet.

Yes - there seems to have been an amazing knee jerk reaction to a defeat away to the form team of the Championship.

Unfortunately it would appear that two home victories against two of the poorer teams in the division have raised expectations far too high - obviously combined with Berg having a full two days to shape the squad, bring in loan players etc. etc.

Hpw anybody expected Berg to sort this team out in two or three days is beyond me. Palace are the form team at the moment. Most of rovers positive results have been gain more by luck than good play.

Berg has got a huge job on his hands. Changes are needed from top to bottom.

Though getting rid of shaw and agnew, may not be down to Berg.

I also doubt JW would want to come back to this circus.

But basically shaw is just somebody sat in the seat. The one with the power is shebby singh - frightening in itself.

It is a shame that it took until Berg's first game in charge for any team to really show Rovers's problems this season. Some 'knowleagble' people will say that this shows it is already this shows Berg's lack of managerial ability.

At least he admitted Rovers problems. The next few months will show whether he has ability of a good manager to correct them or whether he was better suited as a TV analysist.

People will say Black sorted out the defence porblems but this came at the expense of attacking. Balance is what is needed, which any manager would need time to find.

The only posters who are being critical of Berg after 2 days in charge are the one's who didn't want him in the 1st place and who will continue to snipe until we consistently win a few games at which point they will fade until the next slump.

What I did expect however was the kind of 'bounce' that often happens when a new manager takes over, or is revealed. We apparently saw the opposite at Selhurst Park. This is either due to a lack of immediate 'presence' from Berg, or a tinkering with the system or personnel which the team was not comfortable with. Either way, not the perfect start.

Genuine fans will give Berg til Christmas before judging his potential, but yesterday shows him that the task is mammoth.

What I did expect however was the kind of 'bounce' that often happens when a new manager takes over, or is revealed. We apparently saw the opposite at Selhurst Park. This is either due to a lack of immediate 'presence' from Berg, or a tinkering with the system or personnel which the team was not comfortable with.

The bounce that you mention, is usually when teams have been underperforming for whatever reasons. With rovers, it's quite simply down to the fact that we are being outplayed because the opposition are quicker and better than us. We haven't outplayed any team for two years. To suddenly expect a revival in form from our players is unreal.

The only posters who are being critical of Berg after 2 days in charge are the one's who didn't want him in the 1st place and who will continue to snipe until we consistently win a few games at which point they will fade until the next slump.

What I did expect however was the kind of 'bounce' that often happens when a new manager takes over, or is revealed. We apparently saw the opposite at Selhurst Park. This is either due to a lack of immediate 'presence' from Berg, or a tinkering with the system or personnel which the team was not comfortable with. Either way, not the perfect start.

Genuine fans will give Berg til Christmas before judging his potential, but yesterday shows him that the task is mammoth.

To me this shows that the players might not respect Berg for his managerial ability. After all he is not a household name as a manager as say a Holloway or McCarthy is. The players too are perhaps a little underwhelmed by the appointment. I have no doubt Berg will weed out the ones who genuinely want to play for this club form the ones who don't rightly give a toss. He will earn their respect I am sure of that.

christmas???

how can someone be judged so soon,even window wont have opened.

Archived