BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

how much time will people afford berg? 6 months? 2 years? if we fail each season will it be the usual crap that we went through with kean when people kept backing him on here? if by the end of the season, we are nowhere near the play-off positions then to hell with sentimentality, he would have to go and he can take curly with him.

christ almighty it takes longer than six months to have your own mark on.Your like a newcastle fan.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the fans don't back the manager and give him time, I fear our job will be like the old Newcastle job. No quality manager will touch us. We have a bad reputation after the Kean debacle. Let's not give them a chance to hammer us in the media again. We need to pull in the same direction. Results may not come straight away but one thing we have to make sure is that our support is there from Day 1.

how much time will people afford berg? 6 months? 2 years? if we fail each season will it be the usual crap that we went through with kean when people kept backing him on here? if by the end of the season, we are nowhere near the play-off positions then to hell with sentimentality, he would have to go and he can take curly with him.

You are a muppet pal.

Berg has had one game and already people like you are asking how long should we give him.

Berg will be judge on results and his signings. I thing Berg will be looking to sign a striker this week. Rhodes need a striking partner. CKR is a winger for me. Gomes is injured atm and we dont know how long he will be out for. so we only got Rhodes and Rochina. Need a striker will pace. Jerome would be a good loan signing.

You are a muppet pal.

Berg has had one game and already people like you are asking how long should we give him.

Spot on, Its crazy .Its no wonder we get ripped .

One game and hes after him sacking.Some people need to stop playing FM and FIFA .

I don't think our squad is as good as we think. The teams you mentioned have a team of Championship level players below their first eleven. Due to the Kean era we have an unbalanced squad packed with lightweight playmakers and no-mark Portugese players.......

Cryer seems to think Dann has been our best player this season so I would say him and Givet are definitely the best CB pairing in the league......whilst Hanley is understandably raw, a run of games with an experienced partner, if one of the aforementioned can't play, will sort him out......we don't know what Henrique will be like.....no point writing him off imo.......a lot would have written off Fabio Nunes but in extended highlights, I've seen him whip in some very good crosses, and he apparently has impressed since pre-season....he was probably our only decent player against Boro......I think I've seen a comment from one of our fans who spoke to a Portuguese journalist who said Henrique is a good player, providing he stays injury free.

I like Etuhu and Fulham fans had commented that his passing isn't the best.....in a side that likes to pass-and-move and find space to receive the ball, I think he would be an important asset......if we ignore Murphy, I would like to see Vukcevic or Rochina in the middle with Kazim out wide......I know he has an attitude problem which he's had his whole career but he has pace and managers have gotten him to play well in the past.....him and Jagielka were Sheff Utd's only good players if I remember correctly when they were in the Prem.......if not we can try Fabio Nunes on the right.

Vukcevic needs to be a guaranteed starter.....we need midfielders who are gonna run at the opposition and put teams on the back foot.....when teams come to Ewood, a lot of them will put 10/11 men behind the ball and passing it around looking for an opening isn't the correct tactic in those situations.......I think Rochina could do a job there as well.....he doesn't seem to shirk defensive responsibilities and I think he's an exceptionally talented player who needs to work on his decision making.....with the right coaching and game-time, I think he can become a stand-out performer in this division.....while the likes of Formica and Lowe aren't the most talented of players, they can do a job on the pitch if they are told to find more creative players and let them do that job.

Rosado can be described as "a light-weight playmaker" or "a no-mark Portuguese" one but a former Portugal Under-21 captain must have had something about him.....light-weight players have thrived in this league in the past....hopefully he's been spending a lot of the time in the gym a la Pedersen when he came.....he might not even be that light-weight and he's roughly 6 foot tall according to the internet.

Dunn should play in the rare occasions when he isn't injured....he can still do a job in the hole at prem level as he proved last season........tell Martin Olsson he won't be getting a decent move away for higher wages if he doesn't perform now.....hold out for a high price in January and re-invest the money on pace, if not don't sell him.

Nuno Gomes is still very talented and is a match winner......Rhodes is a real finisher and is very good in the air when he's in the box......Best, we will have to wait and see and hope he doesn't get injured again......As for Goodwillie, I've seen perform well in the past against Celtic and Rangers who are, and were in Rangers case, better than any Championship side.....but he was fit and sharp then.....now he's slow and fairly clumsy and is not suited to the lone striker role.....he relies on link-up play with a fellow striker....but his cameo performance against Leicester showed he can be useful in this league.

I would play Henley and Givet in the full back positions for the time being.....we really should be looking to loan one asap though and we should be buying one regardless in January.....we should also try and unload Pedersen and bring in a centre-midfielder, a right winger and a big, strong striker.

I think we missed a trick not going after Warnock again as well as players like Helguson who's now at Cardiff....but there will still be players available and hopefully Berg has some decent contacts.

Berg has had one game in charge with KEAN's squad and for me it has been quite refreshing for a Rovers manager to come out and give an honest account of how he felt the team performed instead of the blind lies that Kean would come out with week in week out. we also have an international break coming up soon where Berg will get a great chance to really get working with his team.

Cryer seems to think Dann has been our best player this season so I would say him and Givet are definitely the best CB pairing in the league......whilst Hanley is understandably raw, a run of games with an experienced partner, if one of the aforementioned can't play, will sort him out......we don't know what Henrique will be like.....no point writing him off imo.......a lot would have written off Fabio Nunes but in extended highlights, I've seen him whip in some very good crosses, and he apparently has impressed since pre-season....he was probably our only decent player against Boro......I think I've seen a comment from one of our fans who spoke to a Portuguese journalist who said Henrique is a good player, providing he stays injury free.

I like Etuhu and Fulham fans had commented that his passing isn't the best.....in a side that likes to pass-and-move and find space to receive the ball, I think he would be an important asset......if we ignore Murphy, I would like to see Vukcevic or Rochina in the middle with Kazim out wide......I know he has an attitude problem which he's had his whole career but he has pace and managers have gotten him to play well in the past.....him and Jagielka were Sheff Utd's only good players if I remember correctly when they were in the Prem.......if not we can try Fabio Nunes on the right.

Vukcevic needs to be a guaranteed starter.....we need midfielders who are gonna run at the opposition and put teams on the back foot.....when teams come to Ewood, a lot of them will put 10/11 men behind the ball and passing it around looking for an opening isn't the correct tactic in those situations.......I think Rochina could do a job there as well.....he doesn't seem to shirk defensive responsibilities and I think he's an exceptionally talented player who needs to work on his decision making.....with the right coaching and game-time, I think he can become a stand-out performer in this division.....while the likes of Formica and Lowe aren't the most talented of players, they can do a job on the pitch if they are told to find more creative players and let them do that job.

Rosado can be described as "a light-weight playmaker" or "a no-mark Portuguese" one but a former Portugal Under-21 captain must have had something about him.....light-weight players have thrived in this league in the past....hopefully he's been spending a lot of the time in the gym a la Pedersen when he came.....he might not even be that light-weight and he's roughly 6 foot tall according to the internet.

Dunn should play in the rare occasions when he isn't injured....he can still do a job in the hole at prem level as he proved last season........tell Martin Olsson he won't be getting a decent move away for higher wages if he doesn't perform now.....hold out for a high price in January and re-invest the money on pace, if not don't sell him.

Nuno Gomes is still very talented and is a match winner......Rhodes is a real finisher and is very good in the air when he's in the box......Best, we will have to wait and see and hope he doesn't get injured again......As for Goodwillie, I've seen perform well in the past against Celtic and Rangers who are, and were in Rangers case, better than any Championship side.....but he was fit and sharp then.....now he's slow and fairly clumsy and is not suited to the lone striker role.....he relies on link-up play with a fellow striker....but his cameo performance against Leicester showed he can be useful in this league.

I would play Henley and Givet in the full back positions for the time being.....we really should be looking to loan one asap though and we should be buying one regardless in January.....we should also try and unload Pedersen and bring in a centre-midfielder, a right winger and a big, strong striker.

I think we missed a trick not going after Warnock again as well as players like Helguson who's now at Cardiff....but there will still be players available and hopefully Berg has some decent contacts.

My main problem is when we get an injury.

If Orr is out Bruno could come in. If Murphy/Etuhu get injured Jorge could come in. If Rhodes is injured Edinho could come in. If we need a winger Rosado could come in. If Dann/Givet get injured Henrique could come in. These aren't players that fill you with confidence as squad players as we don't know how they will perform.

Been away for a few days and therefore not up to speed with pages and pages of comments.

However, a couple of things struck me about yesterday's matches.

Bolton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Ipswich and Rovers all had new managers in place - four of those teams won and Rovers lost, hmmm.

Spoke with a friend who went to Palace and he thought we were unbelievably bad in all aspects - new manager bounce not for us then !?!?

Managed to catch Bolton 2nd half on TV and Freedman has them going all ready, very impressive against top of the table Cardiff - have said all along, we should have snared wee Dougie.

Berg has a huge, huge job on his hands because, IMO, the squad is hugely overrated and two of our 'big and expensive' signings in key positions, Murphy and Etuhu, are absolutely shocking.

Think promotion is beyond us this season.

As to whether Berg is the right man or not, I think we will have a much better idea after Christmas.

The bounce that you mention, is usually when teams have been underperforming for whatever reasons. With rovers, it's quite simply down to the fact that we are being outplayed because the opposition are quicker and better than us. We haven't outplayed any team for two years. To suddenly expect a revival in form from our players is unreal.

The bounce the club got was with the supporters coming back, being positive for a change. Wait till Bergs first home match. I expect ewood to be rocking. So it should be. An ex-player as manager.

May not be everybodies choice - so what. He is an ex-rovers player - twice - deserves fans full support.

This squad does not need a bounce. it needs a kick up the arse-nal.

A positive responce from rovers fans alone - hopefully no idiots booing our own players - will be a bounce in itself.

Berg thou does need time. this squad needs work and new players in it. (cameron Jones, maybe)

Been away for a few days and therefore not up to speed with pages and pages of comments.

However, a couple of things struck me about yesterday's matches.

Bolton, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Ipswich and Rovers all had new managers in place - four of those teams won and Rovers lost, hmmm.

Spoke with a friend who went to Palace and he thought we were unbelievably bad in all aspects - new manager bounce not for us then !?!?

Managed to catch Bolton 2nd half on TV and Freedman has them going all ready, very impressive against top of the table Cardiff - have said all along, we should have snared wee Dougie.

Berg has a huge, huge job on his hands because, IMO, the squad is hugely overrated and two of our 'big and expensive' signings in key positions, Murphy and Etuhu, are absolutely shocking.

Think promotion is beyond us this season.

As to whether Berg is the right man or not, I think we will have a much better idea after Christmas.

How many of those teams played at home. big difference in my view.

, I would like to see Vukcevic or Rochina in the middle with Kazim out wide......I know he has an attitude problem which he's had his whole career but he has pace and managers have gotten him to play well in the past.....him and Jagielka were Sheff Utd's only good players if I remember correctly when they were in the Prem..

He only made 17 starts in the Premier League (scoring 1 goal). The rest of the season he spent on the bench. Hardly player of the season stats.

He only made 17 starts in the Premier League (scoring 1 goal). The rest of the season he spent on the bench. Hardly player of the season stats.

He played on the wing. I can just remember him playing well. I'm not an expert on Sheff Utd and if one of their fans were to tell me he wasn't that good then fine, all I said was I remember him playing well from the matches/highlights that I saw.

According to ESPN, he made 15 starts, 12 as a sub so missed 11 games, scored once and got three assists.....but I'm not really a fan of statistics.....Modric and Dembele got 6 goals and 6 assists between them in the Prem last year...then were sold for a combined £48 million.

He played on the wing. I can just remember him playing well. I'm not an expert on Sheff Utd and if one of their fans were to tell me he wasn't that good then fine, all I said was I remember him playing well from the matches/highlights that I saw.

According to ESPN, he made 15 starts, 12 as a sub so missed 11 games, scored once and got three assists.....but I'm not really a fan of statistics.....Modric and Dembele got 6 goals and 6 assists between them in the Prem last year...then were sold for a combined £48 million.

I wasn't really pointing out his goal stat in particular, just that in a struggling side he could only manage 15 starts. I've seen over half of our game this season and I have yet to see anything to make me feel this guy has the quality needed to get us out of the Championship. He has looked woeful every game. Admittedly I missed several of the early season Kean games when people said he looked quite handy.

I wasn't really pointing out his goal stat in particular, just that in a struggling side he could only manage 15 starts. I've seen over half of our game this season and I have yet to see anything to make me feel this guy has the quality needed to get us out of the Championship. He has looked woeful every game. Admittedly I missed several of the early season Kean games when people said he looked quite handy.

If I recall, people did say he performed well in our first 2 games before his injury. He said himself he wasn't fully fit due to not getting a good enough pre-season, same was everyone I suppose.

I don't really want to play him, but I think Vukcevic is needed in the middle for the time being.....if new players were to arrive, particularly a fast right winger, then I would have no real problem with us sending him back to Turkey.

Fair enough. Training may have already been scheduled today given the game on Tuesday. I just thought / hoped henning had cancelled their day off after such a heartless performance yesterday.

Yea he might have to be honest.....I'm not positive that players come in again if they have a game mid-week....that might just be some teams.....I would like it as well if he did just bring them back in.....a whole day dedicated to improving fitness would be ideal.

I don't think our squad is as good as we think. The teams you mentioned have a team of Championship level players below their first eleven. Due to the Kean era we have an unbalanced squad packed with lightweight playmakers and no-mark Portugese players.

Defensively, we have Givet and Dann(who was woeful last year) who are competent Championship defender...

I think that this an accurate assessment of our squad. At the start of the season, I thought that on paper we had a very good team that looked like it could walk this league and after the first couple of results I thought we would. However it's clear that this isn't going to happen and most of the players we've signed aren't good enough. Murphy, CKR and Ethuhu (who I like and think could do well) haven't performed nearly as well as they should have. The Portuguese players, apart from Gomes and briefly Nunes, are young, inexperienced and don't look up to it. Unless this dramatically changes, then we don't have a good squad of players.

Archived