BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So unprofessional... Shaw might have reason to be frustrated but trumphing Shebby on the unprofessional scale is quite an achievement. Just shows how badly the club is run.

While a bit underwhelmed by Henning Berg, he definitly has the right personality to deal with Shebby and the other crap. I just hope he gets the results to let me run the club the way he wants.

I'm sure the big wads of underserving cash helps soothe his battered ego.

He'll never see riches like that selling shelving (badly)

Then his Communications Director needs to inform him to shut up. But as he seemed to back Kean up in his attempts to wreck the club that won't happen either.

I thought we all already knew that, wasn't it clear that Sherwood was the first choice, then McKinlay, for a while anyway.

Missing the point - the Rovers MD should not be undermining the new manager by saying so in public.

A quote from Shabba The Hut in the LT & online

“What we have now are two strong individuals who only think positively and only think of success."

Who are the 2 people he means? One is Berg, who is the other

SS

A quote from Shabba The Hut in the LT & online

“What we have now are two strong individuals who only think positively and only think of success."

Who are the 2 people he means? One is Berg, who is the other

Hopefully Black as his assistant, but suspect he means himself.

I still like Shebby. He's bonkers, makes ridiculous statements and thinks he knows far more than he does.

But as of today, he's forced Kean out the club, demanded 8m of Balajis cash to sign Rhodes after we almost signed kean like Cox, and hired a manager I trust and believe in without losing too many points on the leaders in the manager less period. The fact it took almost 5 weeks would only really bother me if Black hadn't scraped two wins. As it happens luck is on our side this season, so far. Maybe it's because we're a big fish in this pond, now I know how United fans feel.

For me, we are never going to be the best ran club with Venkys owning us. But major progress has been made. I'd rather have Singh and Berg in the positions of power than Shaw, Agnew and Kean, a la last season.

Great minds think alike dingles staying down 4ever

;)

Someone has replied to a Youtube comment I made via a video of Berg joining Rovers....

You must be crazy. As a manager for a norwegian club he made them play the most boring and cynical football ever.

But good luck to you guys!

Don't get me wrong, I've never been one for style over substance but wan't Sam sacked for playing "boring" football? I've never seen one of Berg's teams play but the emphasis on defence he kept making in his interview does worry me a little. Having said that, we don't need 'sexy' football right now, we need promotion and that's all that counts.

Shaw, Managing Director of the club added - 'No he wasn't our first choice, far from it - we're not hiding anything there.'

'We had one or two people that we talked to who, for whatever reason, got ruled in and ruled out.

'Henning contacted me personally probably seven or eight days after Steve left.'

'There is a gamble and I think it's become more or less common (knowledge) that I thought we probably wanted someone with experience at this level.

'But, without a doubt, I've no qualms with this appointment. I think he'll be wonderful for us.'

action group! Shaw has given you something to focus on.

Because they HAVE to focus on somebody at all times, or they'll have to go back to living their empty lives normally again.

Oh goodie.

What does anyone expect? We're run by amateurs. Far cry from the days of Williams & Finn.

Yup.

Because they HAVE to focus on somebody at all times, or they'll have to go back to living their empty lives normally again.

Oh goodie.

:lol: You probably spend more time on here winding people up and talking **** than all the members of the action group put together spend on whatever it is they do. Empty lives, christ, do you even have a job?

Welcome back Henning.

Pity that the circus top is still up and the clowns are still a-goofin. But Henning knows the state of play and has full support from me.

Shaw/Singh need to shut their traps unless it is to back the new manager (with probably the toughest job in the division) 100% or keep the media wolves from our door whilst we rebuild.

As with other posters, for the first time in a long time, I feel cautiously optimistic.

Wonder how long before Henning resigns?

Seriously, he's got a tough job on the pitch and an even tougher one off the pitch.

and all the while, the owners sit and watch.

I dunno Den..we're fifth in the table despite being a shambles for most of the season. Black has done some of the hard work in plugging the leaky defence. Not many managers get to take over a team near the top of the table, most are trying to do rescue jobs at the lower end (Freedman, McCarthy for example).

As for off the pitch...he surely knows what he's letting himself in for. He seemed as clued up as anybody so it's not like he's going in blind. He's a strong man and a strong character, you could see from yesterday that he doesn't suffer fools (Singh) gladly. In terms of dealing with the owners, I actually think we've got one of the best men for that job. If he can follow that up on the pitch then we could be on to a winner.

• Backroom

Shaw, Managing Director of the club added - 'No he wasn't our first choice, far from it - we're not hiding anything there.'

'We had one or two people that we talked to who, for whatever reason, got ruled in and ruled out.

'Henning contacted me personally probably seven or eight days after Steve left.'

'There is a gamble and I think it's become more or less common (knowledge) that I thought we probably wanted someone with experience at this level.

'But, without a doubt, I've no qualms with this appointment. I think he'll be wonderful for us.'

To be fair that's the view most of us hold. Though really he should've just uttered the last 2 sentences.

Archived