BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Shaw on Radio stating Berg wasnt the first choice!!!

What the hell is going on??

Why come out with that statement.

The time has come for ALL the circus clowns to shut up. It is time for the club to move forward. If he is not happy with the new manager he should walk.

It has been quite obvious though and I dont think Berg cares. It is well reported that Berg took contact with the club after 3 days after Kean had resigned. The club took contact with Berg and wanted an interview after other candidates had fell through (OGS decided he wanted to wait to summer) they didnt agree about Holloway.

About Holloway that is completely okey with me. It will always be like that in a hiring process. Some people will like some people and some dont. Its about finding the middleway and everyone agreeing with the applicant.

It is deffo very stupid to say this after Bergs been chosen, but it doesnt change anything. Berg was impressive in his interview and more important as reported goes all in to get us promoted.

Agreed. Player for player we are a very good team. Goalscorers, established premiership midfielder a good keeper, a great defender in Givet. We have our weaknesses - full back particularly. But on paper we are one of the best teams in the division no doubt. Comes down to the manager and coaching team getting the players organised and motivated in my opinion.

Edit - not to say we will defo go up mind. While we are one of the better teams in the divison I would say there are four or five teams of similar quality. Only three of us can go up.... Plus the league is clearly extremely unpredictable.

Berg is going to have to put in a great performance to get us up imo.

We do have some good players for this division and that's what has been getting us by so far. We clearly aren't fit, we have no tactics and the thing that has been winning us points is that we have a couple of players better than the opposition. Berg needs to get them fit first and foremost - you can't do anything without it. With the Palace game coming up so quickley after his appointment, he should just keep things simple today and tomorrow in training and emphasis the importance of a solid defence that we've been relying on since Black came in. The hard work starts on Monday.

As for Shaw saying that he wasn't first choice, while it's quite obviously the case, it automatically causes a situation where there doesn't need to be one. Maybe its a way of having a sly dig at Singh, I don't know. But to be saying that the day after his appointment is ridiculous.

OK. "Scott Read on Radio Lancs say Derek Shaw says Berg not his choice!!""

What purpose has this statement served for the good of Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

A united front? All fully behind the new manager? Within hours of Berg's appointment we have Shelf Bloke coming out with the above statement for reasons completely unknown and also Singh unable to provide long term commitment to Berg should we not be promoted this season (as others have pointed out - why the three year contract then?).

So welcome to the mad house Henning. It's run by idiots - but you already knew that. These clowns need to start engaging their tiny little brains and getting their act together quickly. Personally I don't want to hear another word from Singh, Shaw or Agnew ever again. Just do their work quietly in the back ground starting with finalising a budget for the January transfer window (then again maybe they already have? Yeah course they have).

OK. "Scott Read on Radio Lancs say Derek Shaw says Berg not his choice!!""

What purpose has this statement served for the good of Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

A united front? All fully behind the new manager? Within hours of Berg's appointment we have Shelf Bloke coming out with the above statement for reasons completely unknown and also Singh unable to provide long term commitment to Berg should we not be promoted this season (as others have pointed out - why the three year contract then?).

So welcome to the mad house Henning. It's run by idiots - but you already knew that. These clowns need to start engaging their tiny little brains and getting their act together quickly. Personally I don't want to hear another word from Singh, Shaw or Agnew ever again. Just do their work quietly in the back ground starting with finalising a budget for the January transfer window (then again maybe they already have? Yeah course they have).

Today Shebby should do one of two things or maybe both, get Shaw to apologise to Henning and the supporters for his untimely comments (maybe not in Shaw's case because Holloway didn't get the job) contact madame and ask for him to be relieved of his duties forthwith, then contact John Williams to come back in some capacity., i suspect none of these will happen.

Well one of them was against a forest team with better attacking options than most teams in this league

The stats were 17 attempts at goal by forest with no goals to show for it, plus wasnt some of their strikers unavailable for this game aswell.

Why come out with that statement.

The time has come for ALL the circus clowns to shut up. It is time for the club to move forward. If he is not happy with the new manager he should walk.

Ah - all makes sense now - we approached Mourinho - he said no - so then we were looking for the next Mourinho :-)

Absolutely ridiculous thing to come out with by Shaw - for the first time in ages people were looking forward following a brilliant press conference by Henning - then he decides to kick start the rumour mill. Hopefully this is a sign that Shaw is under pressure

And it still goes on. Shaw is clearly a bitter man and quiet frankly should do a bert and fall down that trapdoor. If players can get fined for their outbursts on Twatter then directors should be disciplined for the same, perhaps he should take up gardening.

Once you think the club has a decent person in a position of power, it turns out they open their mouths and prove to be as big a tool as bloody SS. Sack the lot of them (SS, DS and PA) and get John Williams back ffs! Then let him sort the club out! How to take a feel good factor and taint it with a negative.

Very very ill timed comment by Shaw. No doubt that he is still very bitter that his recommendations were ignored by the owners and Shebby.

We need everyone pulling in the same direction, the infighting at the top levels of management within the club has got to stop or the club will never move forward, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon.

So welcome to the mad house Henning. It's run by idiots - but you already knew that.

Hmm. I can't help but worry that he has landed among them all on his own! I wouldn't want to be in a position where they were all I had to turn to if things got tough. Let's hope he strikes up a good rapport with Black - or that he gets his own folk in soon. I hope that Singh provides an effective barrier between him and Pune so that he can concentrate on the football. No quick trips to India and all that crap.

Very very ill timed comment by Shaw. No doubt that he is still very bitter that his recommendations were ignored by the owners and Shebby.

We need everyone pulling in the same direction, the infighting at the top levels of management within the club has got to stop or the club will never move forward, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon.

Agreed. If he's that upset he should walk away. If he is not willing to do that he needs to shut up.

Archived