BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henning Berg - Rovers Manager

Puffsan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant argue with that but arent the trainers to remain the same.

Yes, he's keeping who is there while he evaluates what he's got but we don't have a fitness coach to evaluate at the moment so I suspect one of those will be incoming at least.

Just shows how bad things got under Kean really.

Tactical organisation? Man-management? Fitness levels? The squad hasn't had a proper manager in months (some, years).

Will go a long way.

Could do, but theres only one new guy to come in so far for there to make a remarkable difference.

simon vuckenic is a very good right sided player

Can we afford to pay him to play though

Could do, but theres only one new guy to come in so far for there to be a remarkable difference.

We're already seen a marked improvement at the back since Kean left, and that was without a full-time manager.

Kean couldn't have been any worse really could he.

Well respected coach? More like he was lucky to have gone that long before being found out. Can't see Fergie, Moyes and the rest giving him a job even as the waterboy yet put it that way.

We're already seen a marked improvement at the back since Kean left, and that was without a full-time manager.

With two clean sheets was that down to improvements in the team or just a lack of quality in the opposition.

Rubbish. The main reasons people didn't want McKinley was because he is an SEM client, mates with Kean and the fact he openly admitted feigning injury whilst picking up his wages whilst he was here.

+1.

He was an adult man when he made those decisions and so it is perfectly fair to hold him responsible for them.

If it was true he was faking an injury as a player, would you want him as a manager? I wouldn't.

And as to the other point, birds of a feather . . ..

All things considered, yes.

The fact we're up there in spite of the farce behind the scenes, I'd say there's more to come from this side. Wouldn't you?

Agreed. Player for player we are a very good team. Goalscorers, established premiership midfielder a good keeper, a great defender in Givet. We have our weaknesses - full back particularly. But on paper we are one of the best teams in the division no doubt. Comes down to the manager and coaching team getting the players organised and motivated in my opinion.

Edit - not to say we will defo go up mind. While we are one of the better teams in the divison I would say there are four or five teams of similar quality. Only three of us can go up.... Plus the league is clearly extremely unpredictable.

Berg is going to have to put in a great performance to get us up imo.

• Backroom

i hope im wrong but come may, i will leave my reputation on the line (if i have one) and say we wont get promoted with berg, feel free to slate me if we are in the premierleague come the end of the season

This is the kind of thing people like you always say, though. You're happy either way. If we get promoted, GET IN! If the club fails, at least you can enjoy some kind of 'rep boost' on the 'omg interwebz lulz roflmao!!!!11!!!1!'.

A proper fan (for want of a better phrase - it's overuse in the boycott era has tainted it somewhat) will be elated if we go up (even if via Wembley) and dejected if we fail. Leave the sentiment at that. If you are 'right' then well done, you slated someone before they got a foot in the door. Whoopeedoo.....

Thought he looked a little lost stood with backroom staff on training pitch...awkward ....their jobs in his hands. Black may now join Bruce. I feel they should all have gone and Berg should have his assistant settled and here. Weakness on his part...hope he gets a good start.

This is the thread I had pointed out to me...

http://boards.footym...&mid=2113857436

They are even starting to talk about beating us. They always do this. They big up their chances of beating us which puts their team under even more pressure then when they are beaten they always disappear under a rock saying... "Next time." They are the football equivalent of Dr Claw from Inspector Gadget.

Now I hope even more he is an astounding success, at least Henning understands what THAT game means to the most of us(specially us old farts)

Still fecking arguing! This site is just a bunch of greetin faced fish wifey's.

Go'on yerself Big Henning.

Loved the bit about Berg wanting the presser to start at 8.30 so he could get to the training ground for practice. Berg has a bit of no-nonsense feel about him, I got a good vibe from him. He didnt answer "the best accomplishment in Norway as a manager" question very well. He obviously thinks Shebby is an eijit.

Not my first choice but has my full backing.

You can only hope for the best!

• Backroom

With two clean sheets was that down to improvements in the team or just a lack of quality in the opposition.

Well one of them was against a forest team with better attacking options than most teams in this league

Quite a decent article here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20168137

Berg sounds like a top bloke:

As a multitude of photographers called for the ubiquitous shot of manager holding aloft a shirt with his name emblazoned on the back, Berg spun the famous blue and white shirt around. He pointed to the badge and said simply: "This is the most important thing, not a name on the back."

Wow, I had doubts but now I love him. HENNING BERGS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

Guardian view on Henning's appointment:

http://www.guardian....t-praise-owners

Rovers' new manager needed to do his own repair work before signing a three-year contract having delivered a scathing assessment of Venky's following the club's relegation in May. Working as a television pundit in Norway, Berg had said: "There are no real managers with credibility who would accept a job like that."

As the man who accepted that job, he now explains: "Those comments were made by me looking in from the outside. Now I know what is happening on the inside and I know what the owners have done in the summer. They are making big decisions.

a fair report from the guardian...I will support Berg liked the gesture with the badge , etc Berg always gave 100% , etc but there does remain a bit of scepticism with my myself and a lot of other people

Archived