BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It seems like the buzz is coming back!

Glenn

totally agree 47er to put right the damage the last clown has made of the last 2 years is going to take longer than 2 weeks but agreed with each performance we have gradually improved with each game so the signs are promising I just hope for the coming week that Hendry is made the fall guy and is one of the people to get the boot and Berg is allowed to bring a decent CB in Jan or on loan and time to get rid of the waste of space Orr Henley is ten times the player he will ever be! apart from that one major worry is unable to keep a clean sheet we have to do better defensively hopefully Berg gets the funds in Jan to bring in a quality CB.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

76286_479810012059199_365124680_n.jpg

I watched the Leicester v Forest game and despite this being a fervent local derby the minutes silence was perfectly observed. Why then did Rovers decide to have a minutes applause? This is fine when celebrating the life of a former player or manager but hardly appropriate as an act of remembrance.

A disappointing and poor effort.

• Moderation Lead

I watched the Leicester v Forest game and despite this being a fervent local derby the minutes silence was perfectly observed. Why then did Rovers decide to have a minutes applause? This is fine when celebrating the life of a former player or manager but hardly appropriate as an act of remembrance.

A disappointing and poor effort.

I disagree, I much prefer the minute's applause personally. Think it's a lot more fitting.

That said, on MOTD it looked as if all the Prem games had a minute's silence, not managed to see if the same was true of the Championship games....

I disagree, I much prefer the minute's applause personally. Think it's a lot more fitting.

That said, on MOTD it looked as if all the Prem games had a minute's silence, not managed to see if the same was true of the Championship games....

I get your point. Applause is a perfect way of celebrating the life of an athlete who spent their professional life earning adulation. The fact that it drowns out disrespectful cretins is a bonus.

The annual act of remembrance however, commemorates lives cut tragically short and those young people who made the ultimate sacrifice. It should be a sombre and dignified act of appreciation. The applause seemed crass and incongruous to me, more so given the more traditional and appropriate minutes silence elsewhere. Judging by the stoney faced British Legion veterans I was not alone.

Another indictment of the current state of Rovers?

I'm one of those that prefers the silence. Remembrance of those who have 'fallen' whilst serving their country is a sombre affair requiring reflection and silence.

Applause is inappropriate when talking about war - whatever one's political views on the matter - and more fitting a former player who has passed away.

That said, it's very easy for some individual numpties to destroy the moment - as happened with several idiots at Villa Park yesterday. Although having had the minutes' silence impeccably observed at Ewood for years, I didn't expect that to happen here.

I'm not sure why the decision was taken but it was immediately after Berg's introduction to the crowd so maybe they felt people wouldn't be able to cope with a lull in proceedings.

Gerald was on one yesterday though with his new-found "Come On You Blues" rally before the start if both halves. Needs a bit more conviction, Gerald!

A minutes applause is crass. No matter what it is for.

But that's what modern society has become.........

So if we go 6 - 0 up at the Dingledome we have to be quiet. Personally i am in agreement that the minutes silence is best for the lose of life.

It is obvious from the mb that the overall feeling is getting more positive. It's also good to see that most posters understand that it may take more than a couple of games to sort the team out. I've always been a believer in high morale is a key factor to good performances, and this stretches to the fans also. Its infectious, the team and fans start to believe and the momentum seems to increase.

So, after looking at Bergs backroom staff, does anybody else think a 'fans favourite' should be brought in to assist him, I'm thinking maybe someone like Tugay and/or Salgado. This would have been pointless under the pretender as he would have been tainted, but is now a good time? Would it increase the feel good factor and bring more fans back? I think that it would, but we'd probably have to lose one or two of the current coaches.

So, after looking at Bergs backroom staff, does anybody else think a 'fans favourite' should be brought in to assist him, I'm thinking maybe someone like Tugay and/or Salgado.

It's always wrong to bring in someone because of who they are. It's what they are that matters.

It is obvious from the mb that the overall feeling is getting more positive. It's also good to see that most posters understand that it may take more than a couple of games to sort the team out. I've always been a believer in high morale is a key factor to good performances, and this stretches to the fans also. Its infectious, the team and fans start to believe and the momentum seems to increase.

So, after looking at Bergs backroom staff, does anybody else think a 'fans favourite' should be brought in to assist him, I'm thinking maybe someone like Tugay and/or Salgado. This would have been pointless under the pretender as he would have been tainted, but is now a good time? Would it increase the feel good factor and bring more fans back? I think that it would, but we'd probably have to lose one or two of the current coaches.

I think the most important thing is that Berg gets to bring in someone he feels can help him- someone he can work with and who he thinks will benefit the plkayers too. It might be he's happy with Black or Hendry or it might be he wants a total chnage. it should be up to him and him alone if he genuinely is in control of team matters at Ewood

Get Hendry out and it'll get better seeing his rancid mug on the bench today behind berg didn't sit right.

Dont forget they played in the same team....could see him staying to be honest.

First time I've heard a crowd roar go up similar to the closing stages of a horse race- when one of our players got the ball -it was when Nunes was running fast with the ball frightening their defenders down the left.

Yeah with Nunes and Olsson, I cant see much of a future for Gamst down at Ewood.

Do you mean this season? Happened every time Duff got the ball when he played for us.

I mean since the days of Bellamy-before that Duff-before that Shearer-before that Mike Harrison.

Others (such as Sellars-could have had a roar but also frustrated-so the crowd did not know what to expect).Maybe Nunes will be the same-I hope not-the roar is great.

Archived