BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It seems like the buzz is coming back!

Glenn

It's not just me is it? Despite only a draw today, Ewood felt like it's not felt in years, people seemed happy, buoyant friendly Not booing, not ripping somebody apart for the first time in the game and every time we pushed forward there was a genuine feeling of anticipation.

Long may it continue!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Great buzz about the place yes, to be honest the last few seasons the games have REALLY dragged sometimes, today it bloody flew by though because we were actually enjoying ourselves!

Sounds like the Etuhu song is taking off more too :rover:

Hate the Etuhu song, catchy tune but obviously a bit dodgy, especially when sung at Papa Bouba Dioup with chants of Dickson give us a wave as he approached the blackburn end.

There was a much better feeling all around today and I enjoyed the game fully

Edit - screw It he ain't worth it

3 points will give me a buzz and nothing else.

That's kind of my point. Under Kean even wins didn't lift me much, today it was annoying we dropped two points, but I came away thinking that normally a performance like that would have netted us a 4-1 victory.

Don't get me wrong, I've not forgotten the Ince era. Ultimately results do matter more than the style of football, but at least now I'm seeing a performance that could deservedly win games.

• Backroom

I imagine more people came away feeling positive after today than they did after we scrapped a win under Kean earlier in the season that's for sure Glenn

• Backroom

Don't get me wrong, I've not forgotten the Ince era. Ultimately results do matter more than the style of football, but at least now I'm seeing a performance that could deservedly win games.

Our "style of football" under Ince was fairly abysmal IIRC, not much better than Kean.

Results are ultimately what matter, but at home it's imperative that the fans are united and in good spirits as it does give the players an extra boost. So it's good to hear people are happier.

It's not just me is it? Despite only a draw today, Ewood felt like it's not felt in years, people seemed happy, buoyant friendly Not booing, not ripping somebody apart for the first time in the game and every time we pushed forward there was a genuine feeling of anticipation.

Long may it continue!

Glenn, this was the 1st time I have enjoyed a game for a long while......and those around me enjoyed it as well.

I would have loved 3 points but today the performance and leadership and passion mattered. We had fans together for the 1st time for months/years.

A good atmosphere, with fans united for a change.

Thoroughly enjoyed being at Ewood for the first time in a long time, despite the draw. The atmosphere was 10 times better and the football much better to watch. We were cutting Birmingham's defence apart at times. I actually have cautious optimism back now and before the start of the game had the odd butterfly of excitement and it was great to see people around me feel the same way!

There are some technically gifted players in this side.

We have the makings of an exciting team if Berg make the team greater than the sum of its parts.

If Berg can build a solid platform for the likes of Rochina, Vukcevic, Formica, Nunes, Gomes and Murphy to perform on knowing that we are'nt guaranteed to concede then Ewood could become a happy place again.

2 performances in 5 days that give us massive hope for the future.

The fans were back on song, the atmosphere was much improved and the team played with alot more about them. The tactics, the selection, the passion, the ability on the ball - all much improved.

Now that games start to spread a little to weekend's only, hopefully Berg can improve us further and welcome back the players just recovering from injuries (Givet, Lowe, Nunes, Gomes, Dunn) and then start to really improve and push on.

7th at this stage with an improving team isnt a bad thing....Hopefully we hit top note next week, and carry it on until May.

There was never anything wrong with the fans. We reacted as any fans would to the most bewildering set of circumstances any football fan has had to put up with-EVER! For 2 frigging years!

An excellent manager sacked, a loathsome novice appointed, mind-numbing selections, transfers, best players gone, no tactics (other than stay deep if we go ahead),no fitness, ludicrous substitutions, press conferences you wanted to nuke, relegation always on the cards and so on.

Not surprising that watching Rovers became like self-harm. Not surprising that we fans bickered and fell out because there was NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to look forward to. No other fans would have reacted differently imo, but we'll never know, because I swear no fans will ever see a club mismanaged like ours has been.

I'm spouting all this to remind people of the enormous damage done to the Club in those 2 years. Impossible that Berg or anyone else could turn this round in a week or two! Impossible that the fans will come back in huge numbers in a hurry either.

The gradual turn-round has started and thank God for that. Barring any further woeful decisions by Venkys we seem to be getting back on track.

Don't care if we don't get promoted this season, if Berg suffers because we don't, then Shebby/Venkys are even bigger idiots than I thought possible.

Its getting better and I wondered if it ever would. I feel optimistic again after a long, long darkness.

Archived