BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v Millwall 24th November, 2012

Nate

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i fear it may take much longer to dis-assemble the squad and get the highly paid dross out, than it would to build a half decent team from scratch

Where do you start Henley will probably be poached Rhodes may have suitors and then what are you left with, big big job for Berg

Nobody will poach Henley if yesterdays performance is used to judge him. He had a shocker.

Fans need to wake up. You don't lose at home to the likes of Millwall and drop silly points at home and away like we have done and expect to get promoted. The writing is on the wall now: we will be in this division again next season and unless there is a big clearout of some of the underperformers and Berg turns out to be some sort of managerial genius we are likely to be staying down for some time.

You weren't there so your opinion on Millwall is without value. Your only contribution as usual is simply as a WUM.

Feeling gutted.

Today we went from being reasonably assured of being in the play-off meltdown to being over-run by journeymen trundlers and promotion this season a distant dream.

Another dismissing Millwall's qualities without foundation.

It was actually Hanley with the 'cowardly' challenge. I think you are confusing our two centre backs because Dann was streets ahead of Hanley today.

Hanley has just about found his level. However he was thought of as better than Phil Jones a coupkle of years back is a mystery.

I think palacios in January would be a good move , and is one which could happen ................

...............The championship is littered with teams with hungry players , players who want that big move to the prem , whilst rovers have too many feeling sorry for themselves or players living on past career successes .

Why spew dangerously inflated wages that we cannot afford on Palacios then?

However.... I agree with your opinion about Millwall. Stereoptyping them on the past is as foolish as were the people who wrote off Swansea last year without seeing them play.

the problem abd its been there sometime is that of midfield it can be bullied too easly, we need a ball winning midfeild player who can aslo play a bit too. we are too soft in this area

We forced him out and sold him to Stoke.

Manager carries the can.

So you think we should sack him then? :huh:

btw your opinions on Robinson were shown to be rubbish yesterday as most knowledgeable observers knew they would be.

I went to Ewood yesterday full of hope that we had turned the corner but came away in despair at what was a totally inept performance from a disorganised rovers team against a well drilled championship side in Millwall a credit to their manager Kenny Jackett.

Jorden Rhodes our main goal threat may as well stayed at home for all the service he received our so called playmakers Danny Murphy again caught out as to slow by physical opposition and the new rovers supporters favourite son Ruben Rochina I wish Berg would tell him he can pass and he does not have to beat half the opposition before he trys to release the ball.

The defence is crying out for an experienced central defender as young Grant Hanley is just not up to it yet we also need a defensive midfielder who can tackle and two proper wingers who can beat full backs and deliver decent crosses.

Another dismissing Millwall's qualities without foundation.

Not without foundation- I have watched them before this season. Millwall give the ball away far too easily if you put a bit of pressure on them as their passing is journeymen trundler level. They are nowhere near a Premier League outfit.

Not without foundation- I have watched them before this season. Millwall give the ball away far too easily if you put a bit of pressure on them as their passing is journeymen trundler level. They are nowhere near a Premier League outfit.

They might not be a Premier League outfit but they were far too good for us. Personally, I thought they looked a pretty decent side and their passing and movement looked good yesterday.

Ah, that's were you went wrong Phillip, expecting us to press other teams. We're way too good for that.

Too many on here have a hugely over-inflated opinion of the current squad.

Fatty Foulkes - his main asset was kicking, not used anymore.

Henley - Young and raw, nothing special even allowing for his age

Good twin - A decent player but should be left-mid not left back

Hanley - below average in the championship

Dann - How much?

Formica - has skill but rarely hurts the opposition even at this lower level

Murphy - have tried to find excuses for him in absentia but having witnessed him in person yesterday it's clear his career is over

Etuhu - fourth division rubbish

Bad twin - a truly awful footballer

Rochina - brilliant and awful simultaniously

Rhodes - clearly a poacher and needs the ball in the box but his contribution yesterday was zero. Must learn what is required of a centre forward

Middle of the table is where this squad falls in the division and where it currently is. The team is still disorganised in all departments. Set pieces seem to have no plan whatsoever. It will take a good manager to get into the top 6.

First thing to do is bring in 2 new central midfielders.

King looked a good player btw.

Is one game really enough though? Considering it's a 46 game season?

From memory, the only teams recently to run away with the division in recent times are West Brom and Newcastle who were too good for this league.

Cardiff, Boro and Palace will all go on bad runs.....the January transfer window might weaken them as well....particularly Palace.

Boro lost 3-1 at home to Bristol City, who were on a terrible run, at the weekend....I doubt many of their fans are going into meltdown....rather acknowledging that some days in football it just doesn't work out for you.....especially in our case against teams previously unbeaten in 10 games.

I was slightly baffled at the 4-0 etc predictions before the game.....the fact that they would have overtaken us with a win proved we're not light-years ahead of them.

Saturday's game was a bit like being in a time warp and playing Wimbledon 25 years ago, they were big, rough, ugly, physical, extremely well drilled and aided by an overly lenient referee they did a pretty effective number on us.

We didn't cope particularly well although I thought we were much the better side for the final 15 minutes of the first half and for much of the second until Hanley's calamitous mistake for the first goal.At that point I thought either we were going to nick it or it would be 0-0. However, you simply can't make mistakes like that and as someone else said above Hanley seemed to play a lot better in the second half of last season in a higher division than he has done this season. Givet needs to come into the side for Hanley or if there is an isue with Givet we probably need two new centre halves in January. Conversely I thought Dann played very well and is starting to show why he was allegedly so highly rated by so many clubs.

The whole side was guilty of trying to play an impossible pass at times and not keeping it simple to keep moves going. Rochina was obviously the main culprit in that respect but for all his faults he's still the most likely person to produce a moment of magic to unlock the opposition defence even when having an off day, in much the same way as a top class striker can have a stinker but still nick a goal towards the end to save the day.

Formica was dreadfully disappointing after some much improved displays recently, completely anonymous. You'd think Vukcevic deserves a chance to start on the right.

Rhodes will surely never have a more ineffective day, early on every time he went up for the ball he got a shove in the back, a poke in the eye or a clout on the head and allowed himself to be muscled out of the game thereafter.

Can't see King being much help to Rhodes, he looks like a striker stuck out on the wing who cuts in and tries to score himself every time he gets the ball. Would prefer to see Nunes out wide, whether King can play more centrally with Rhodes I've no idea.

Overall we have to wise up if were playing physical opposition who try to muscle us out of it. Otherwise I didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as many people are suggesting, the way the game panned out the first goal was always going to be crucial. We were looking the likelier of the two teams to get it but unfortunately they got it courtesy of Hanley's unforced error. That seemed to give Millwall a second wind and after that there only looked one likely winner.

i dont get this, we look much better under Berg, with Keans players, yet Berg will be sacked if he doesnt get us promoted. It just shows how Kean was all up in the Venkys good books. In no way, should Berg be held accountable if we dont go up this season. Next season, when he starts selling and buying players, has a full pre season under his belt, then and only then should he answer if we are struggling.

i dont get this, we look much better under Berg, with Keans players, yet Berg will be sacked if he doesnt get us promoted. It just shows how Kean was all up in the Venkys good books. In no way, should Berg be held accountable if we dont go up this season. Next season, when he starts selling and buying players, has a full pre season under his belt, then and only then should he answer if we are struggling.

Who has actually said that?

Archived