BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v Millwall 24th November, 2012

Nate

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm , maybe but last time there was real talent in the team .....

I think it is a far bigger job than some think , I have never believed we will go up this season , we c ould make the play offs but a real clear out of dross as to be done in Jan ,,,Asking a lot , in my opinion ..

I have no doubt , the standard of the division is poorer than it was too.

It's a huge job and Berg has to be given time, certainly at until the end of next season.

The nagging doubt remains for me that he wasn't the right appointment and this would be a massive task for far more experienced managers.

Hope he can sort it.

I think it is a far bigger job than some think , I have never believed we will go up this season , we c ould make the play offs but a real clear out of dross as to be done in Jan ,,,Asking a lot , in my opinion ..

I have no doubt , the standard of the division is poorer than it was too.

To be honest back then the team was built around the outstanding talents of Duff, Dunn, and Jansen. The quality of the division has dropped since then, but Rhodes, Rochina, and Simon could easily be three of the outstanding talents in this division. What we are sadly lacking are the solid Championship players who could do the same job in this league and the one above. We lack a Flitcroft, a Short, a Curtis, a Gillespie.... (I could go on and on).

The type of player will be cheap, unspectacular, but immensely important. Shebby would never sanction it.

Oh, and though I can see Jim's point of view I think it's impossible to judge Berg until next season. How depressing is that? The place is in tatters, and it's only down to the lack of quality in this league that we aren't going down again. In 2000, we'd be halfway to oblivion with this lot, just ask Bradford.

There was but we only went up at the second go of it that time too. That first season in the Nationwide was pretty much as rubbish as this one.

Think we need to calm a little, if we struggle in our next two matches then maybe we can fear. It's true that we have no tough tackling players in our team, that may be our weakness compared to other teams in this league.

Think we need to calm a little, if we struggle in our next two matches then maybe we can fear. It's true that we have no tough tackling players in our team, that may be our weakness compared to other teams in this league.

Well we better find some soon. You can get away with a lot more in this league, trouble is we've no one to take advantage of this.

Think we need to calm a little,

Hahaha...we don't do that here, come on. If we win, most people get into a giddy fit and think the sky is the limit, whilst some others say they're still not convinced. If we lose, the unconvinced ones go into a nihilistic pit of despair (and are joined in this by some of the previously giddy ones who are schizophrenic), whilst the previously giddy ones mostly counsel that everything will turn around.

Actual balance is a rare, rare beast on this board.

We already have Givet

Who we need at left back fairly often. You can't get out of this league with just two decent centre halves (and the jury is still out on Dann)

Feeling gutted.

Today we went from being reasonably assured of being in the play-off meltdown to being over-run by journeymen trundlers and promotion this season a distant dream.

Phil. You seem like a smart bloke and all, but please read my post a few posts up, and please don't be so reactionary.

Who we need at left back fairly often. You can't get out of this league with just two decent centre halves (and the jury is still out on Dann)

Phil. You seem like a smart bloke and all, but please read my post a few posts up, and please don't be so reactionary.

Agree- I have always believed in having five playable centre halves on the books since the dual central defenders became common.

I watched Millwall v Leeds and Millwall are trundlers. Sorry but losing to Millwall IS highly significant in my books not least for them leaping into the play-off place we previously occupied.

They're 'trundlers' who haven't lost in eleven games. Of course it's significant, of course it's gutting, and yes, they're temporarily above us, but you can't seriously think that until today we were definites for the playoffs and now we have no chance. It's just one game. Was Man United's title dream over just because they lost to Norwich (a far greater divide, relatively speaking, than us and Millwall, as the leagues show)? Was it buggery. Every team has bad days, unlucky days, etc etc. It's not the end of the season. Keep your chin up pal. I think we need a few more games yet to see what Berg and this team are made of.

Dann's fine....he just needs a competent partner....where's his mate Johnson these days?

As I said. The jury IS out on Dann. Divides opinion a lot, and was certainly categorically awful last season. I just haven't seen enough of him this season to make a fully informed judgement, but I certainly don't think that him, Givet and Hanley is an acceptable way to get through the season.

Bad day at the office, credit to Millwall, they pressed well and scored two crackers! But I still think had we have got our noses in front we would have won the game.

Re-group on Monday and get back on track on Wednesday.

Agreed.

Berg has given most of the first 11 4 games to prove themselves. I think its time for him to pull out one or two and try something different.

To my thinking, Rochina needs to be shown the bench. He has established he's a great ball handler but this is about the team. A few matches sitting on the bench may drive home the point. I would put Vukcevik ahead of him.

I would also bench Hanley, assuming Givet is fit.

I also think its time to consider benching Robbo and Markus Ollson. Running out Kean and Nuno may be the ticket to create some competition for the first team place as some appear to have become complacent.

Just watched the highlights now. Paul Robinson your time is up sorry mate.

Robinson is very poor when it comes to long range shot stopping. Was always suspect at Spurs and even more so with England. His instinct and reaction saves are very good along with his distribution (which has also been shockingly poor this season).

Either the midfield needs to close down quicker and stop giving the ball away so easily or time to look for a new keeper.

Both Hanley and Etuhu were at fault for the goals, however Robinson was equally at fault.

Thought millwall were a well oiled machine , solid , put their bodies on the line and are as good as any team we have played this season .

The two goals were great strikes and when hit from so far out you can't expect robbo to be on his line , I don't personally think he was at fault for either .

Both goals came from errors , etuhu IMO is shocking and reminds me too much of mokeona . He can't pass , turns like a bus , and is not the tough tackling player we need .

I think palacios in January would be a good move , and is one which could happen .

Again as some have already pointed out , with murphy in there with him we have no legs , add to this a complete lack of width and inability to cross the ball and it's no wonder Rhodes barely got a kick today .

The championship is littered with teams with hungry players , players who want that big move to the prem , whilst rovers have too many feeling sorry for themselves or players living on past career successes .

Any team playing rovers no doubt are being instructed to get in our players faces . Make those first tackles and pressure the centre midfielders . Our team appears incapable of rolling their sleeves up and standing toe to toe with so many players and come burnley next week they are gonna have to be up for a war or we are in trouble .

We don't have a flitty or savage who ruffle the opposition , whilst in the same sentiment we don't have the tugay to unlock defences . Our centre midfield two are neither one or the other and this area has to be addressed ASAP . With Hanley and dann also not the most comfortable on the ball the team is just being bullied into mistake after mistake .

Rochina has all the attributes to be a top player , however he is better suited to an arsenal or a Manchester united , where their style of play allows them to have a luxury player. His inability to release the ball has his team mates making runs , counter runs and more runs until they ain't got a clue what he is going to do next.

I can't believe we don't have anyone capable if taking a corner , whilst the movement from corners does not fill you with optimism that a goal is about to come .

However I can't take anything away from millwall , I was very impressed with their whole unit

Archived