BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v Millwall 24th November, 2012

Nate

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beaten by the better side today, got to hold our hands up, 2 great strikes and could have been more.

Just not at the races today us, but still the side looked 100 times better than when the rat was in charge.

Well beaten by a far better side on another day the game could and should of been over 1st 20 mins Murphy + Etuhu were awful in midfield out fought time and time again can't really fault Robbo as they were 2 awesome strikes as for Rhodes no service whatsoever

We need to get picking wins up and fast otherwise we can write this season off

IMO Berg needs to get his own backroom staff in

Most home games have followed a depressingly similar pattern.Away when we can play on the counter having one up top ain't a total disaster but at home we continue to play one up and frankly Rhodes didnt get a kick suffering no service worthy of the name.

i don't think we have the players to play 4-4-2 and give Jordan some company.If you have Etuhu and Murphy as your centre mids there just isnt enough legs to drive forward yet still give you defensive cover and this gets worsem when you think we have no right sided midfielder who can attack with pace yet drop back in to help the full back.

This is a problem because i don't see promotion looming at this rate and financially we will have done our tits

So is it time for Berg to conduct a major shake up? Drop Robbo for Kean? Rochina for Vukcevic? Formica for Joshua King? Markus Olsson for Nuno Gomez? Hanley for Givet?

Surely a loss at home deserves a drastic response?

Never seen Kean ....But I would keep Robbo , but if Brad wants to comeback , he can !

Givet , should play for Hanley ..

Real shake is needed in central midfield ...

That is the real problem , oh now for a Garry Flitcroft type player ..

Worst result of the season. But they are the form team at the moment so not a great surprise. In this league, it is all about which teams are in form as anyone can be anyone.

Wasn't at the match, but I suspect there may be a few changes for the Bolton match. They are due a loss, a very poor team.

You have to feel we will put a run together at some point if teams like Millwall can.

Thought it was a decent game, I thought Rovers did ok. Millwall were very well drilled and tenacious, also confident after ten game unbeaten run. Rovers still had much more shape and purpose than under Kean, which doesn't take much, admittedly.

We need to get the ball to Rhodes in the right places far more often. Murphy was less effective than against Birmingham because Millwall had done their homework. Rovers' corners and set pieces were poor.

Pleased that Berg has picked the same side four games running and used the right subs at the right time.

But wins are needed.

• Backroom

Very poor and Millwall deserved the win

Rochina is the most frustrating player I have ever seen or close to it. He had so much of the ball but used it wrong nearly every time, he had a couple of shots in the first half which were better chances if he took them early but had to take a man on instead resulting in a half scuffed effort each time

He hardly every runs at speed rather dallies on the ball like a poor mans Ginola.

For me Vukcevic is a class above him at this point.

Liked the look of king, all right foot but the boy is rapid.

Robbo showed why we would want Friedel, some dodgy touches and nearly messed up a routine save in the first half.

Next game id being in Simon, King and preferably Nunes but he's probably still out

Must do better

Bad result today. You can still see we are a different team and it's not as disheartening as previous results this season but the best team certainly won. Would have been interesting had the referee decided to do his job in terms of Sh*ttu but then again I've not seen all the offside decisions replayed yet. They did look offside to me but there were a lot of decisions to make today and given the level of refereeing we've seen so far this season we weren't going to get everything.

I can't remember Rhodes getting a shot and Rochina was frustrating again. Couldn't quite make the right decision and dallied on the ball a little too long at times. He didn't have the best game against Peterborough either overall, but I suppose he is at least looking more alert and involved than he has done previously. Still did some good things, but overall frustrating. I was impressed with the first half performance of the centre backs who made some great last ditch slides and also won some good headers. Etuhu had one of his stronger games and really bossed the game in the first half. Both he and Murphy link up well. Formica was in and out of the game and when King came on he looked a little less headless chicken than I expected after seeing the youtube clips.

Overall not a shocking performance from the lads, and it was mainly the final ball that let us down. Two very good goals from an in form team. They were clearly up for it today. Still in touch with the play off places and a long way to go. Hoping to bounce back in the next two games. Hopefully we'll carve out more chances next game. It's certainly not the end of our season.

• Backroom

Am in Egypt atm so can only follow results... was elated by the 4-1 at Peterborough, but 0-2 vs Millwall at home? Form team or not that is not good enough. With our wage bill and squad such results are unacceptable. As for the opinion that Berg needs until next season to get us up... he will be sacked if he doesn't get us up this season, so the pressure is on for him.

This is a big problem - referees in this division let a lot more go - how they ended up with 11 on the pitch I will never know - as they should have had at least one player sent off for two yellows.

A very tight game - settled by two brilliant goals.

In truth we looked the better team for long periods - except where it counts. It is going to be a long slog getting out of this division (if we do) - but we have to start matching the work rate of the other teams, which may be difficult given the poor pre-season fitness training the players received under Kean (allegedly).

My MOM without a shadow of a doubt - Dann - thought he was superb today.

You watched a different game to me if you thought Dann was good. He is a below average defender at this level. Responsible for the first goal with a cowardly challenge and lost his man time and again. Danny Shittu was far better and you can see what a donkey he is.

You can see which way the season is going now. We started the season well and slowly fell off the pace but now we are in serious decline. We have taken only 5 points out of the last 15 and have not had the normal new manager "bounce", indicating that Berg isn't up to the job or the squad really is poor and not capable of promotion. Probably a combination of both.

Fans need to wake up. You don't lose at home to the likes of Millwall and drop silly points at home and away like we have done and expect to get promoted. The writing is on the wall now: we will be in this division again next season and unless there is a big clearout of some of the underperformers and Berg turns out to be some sort of managerial genius we are likely to be staying down for some time.

You can see which way the season is going now. We started the season well and slowly fell off the pace but now we are in serious decline. We have taken only 5 points out of the last 15 and have not had the normal new manager "bounce", indicating that Berg isn't up to the job or the squad really is poor and not capable of promotion. Probably a combination of both.

Fans need to wake up. You don't lose at home to the likes of Millwall and drop silly points at home and away like we have done and expect to get promoted. The writing is on the wall now: we will be in this division again next season and unless there is a big clearout of some of the underperformers and Berg turns out to be some sort of managerial genius we are likely to be staying down for some time.

Bit harsh on Berg Jim, the damage has been done by the rat that deserted the ship, its going to take a while to get things back in order, the January window could be key to success this season, but I'm not expecting promotion this campaign.

Very poor and Millwall deserved the win

Rochina is the most frustrating player I have ever seen or close to it. He had so much of the ball but used it wrong nearly every time, he had a couple of shots in the first half which were better chances if he took them early but had to take a man on instead resulting in a half scuffed effort each time

Agree on both counts.

Rochina seems to play like a superstar who likes to show off. He needs to remember that he is part of a team.

Do a skill, beat your man, then... PASS!

You watched a different game to me if you thought Dann was good. He is a below average defender at this level. Responsible for the first goal with a cowardly challenge and lost his man time and again. Danny Shittu was far better and you can see what a donkey he is.

It was actually Hanley with the 'cowardly' challenge. I think you are confusing our two centre backs because Dann was streets ahead of Hanley today.

Maybe the Friedle stuff has upset some of the senior players as it was pretty disrespectful to Robinson the way it was all handled(as usual), hopfully its just a blip though, bergs only been in charge for a few games so its ridiculous to think everything was going to change that fast.

I wonder if Forest fans were so quick to dismiss their lot after being hammered 4-1 at home. MIllwall have been going quite well lately. Hopefully like I said this will be a kick up the back side. Six points from the next two games and it will look a lot better. Are the stats right, 22 shots to their 9 umpteen corners to their handful.

Maybe the Friedle stuff has upset some of the senior players as it was pretty disrespectful to Robinson the way it was all handled(as usual).

Unfortunately I think it's just the same as what we saw the last time we got relegated. Too many players only turned up here because we were in the Premier League. Now we have to spend a year separating the wheat from the chaff. Sadly, from the current crop, there won't even be enough left for a bowl of Shreddies.

Unfortunately I think it's just the same as what we saw the last time we got relegated. To many players only turned up here because we were in the Premier League. Now we have to spend a year separating the wheat from the chaff. Sadly, from the current crop, there won't even be enough left for a bowl of Shreddies.

Hmmm , maybe but last time there was real talent in the team .....

I think it is a far bigger job than some think , I have never believed we will go up this season , we c ould make the play offs but a real clear out of dross as to be done in Jan ,,,Asking a lot , in my opinion ..

I have no doubt , the standard of the division is poorer than it was too.

A typically articulate tweet from Abbey now counts as a reliable source of possible information? Bring back those 'Clubcall' adverts on teletext.

haha now thats cheered me up...im no source .

Unfortunately I think it's just the same as what we saw the last time we got relegated. To many players only turned up here because we were in the Premier League. Now we have to spend a year separating the wheat from the chaff. Sadly, from the current crop, there won't even be enough left for a bowl of Shreddies.

two sensible posts ...kean this is strong stella man.

Archived