BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v Millwall 24th November, 2012

Nate

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changes need to be made for the next game now. Marcus Olsson adds nothing, and that has been apparent for games, and yet he continues to start.

He had a fine game last week. But that was against a division three team.

Geez...you really revel in being miserable don't you, jim mk2? But you're right...we should've hired Freedman or McCarthy instead - just look at how immensly sucessful they have been at their new clubs.

We've lost 2 games under Berg and both against teams on very good form - Palace and now Millwall. Hopefully they will learn from this game as it sounds like Millwall out-fought us today. Also - starting with the same 11 four games in a row is something he should reconsider when most of the squad is available for selection. As for the defence we desperatly need at least one central defender - preferably two - and hopefully we'll see Friedel back in january. We also need someone who is a commanding figure on the pitch something that we have lacked since Samba left.

Still early days for Berg and this is such a tight league. Win against Bolton on wednesday and Bumley next weekend and it's all rosey again....except for jim off course.

This season is a write off - just like the last time we went down. Regroup in summer, Berg should have his team embedded. Go for it next year. Only realistic option.

Main achievement this season will be to avoid defeat by the Dingles.

They are winning at Hull and now only 2 points behind !

May find we are below them after next Sunday.

Why is it we always seem to blow it when other teams around us drop points?!?! Boro, Palace and Hull all lose today so we have chance to catch up but no, we go and lose as well. So infuriating!!

Following the Twitter updates and Rhodes was barely mentioned! What happened there? Did we just not supply our prolific goalscorer?

My thoughts (based on reading ESPN's and BBC's text commentary only):

We had a ton of chances. 22 shots, 9 on target. About half of which came from Rochina. What I can't answer (not having seen the game) is whether he was creating real chances or was he just blazing away from poor positions and hoping for the best? Considering that Rhodes only got 1 shot off, I suspect that Rochina and Formica were playing at glory hounds as opposed to getting the ball to our finisher.

Both of Millwall's goals came from the right channel into the top left hand side of the net. Is this Robbo's fault or the defender covering that zone? If so, who is it?

Millwall had three yellows and 13 fouls, compared to 5 fouls from the Rovers. It reads as if we were being bullied. Who was giving it back to them? And with three yellows on Millwall which of our hard hitting defenders/midfielders [sarcasm] were pressuring Millwall, considering 2 of their defenders and 1 of their midfielders were on yellow?

Anyway, an update/answers from anyone who actually saw the match would be appreciated.

i fear it may take much longer to dis-assemble the squad and get the highly paid dross out, than it would to build a half decent team from scratch

Where do you start Henley will probably be poached Rhodes may have suitors and then what are you left with, big big job for Berg

This season is a write off - just like the last time we went down. Regroup in summer, Berg should have his team embedded. Go for it next year. Only realistic option.

Main achievement this season will be to avoid defeat by the Dingles.

Promotion was always going to be difficult at the first attempt. The problem is that Berg isn't going to get another season to build a side, if Rovers don't get promoted the first time of asking I think it's a certainty that he is going to get sacked.

He has to start getting wins and quickly, it is so difficult to get out of this division via the playoffs.

This is as bad as anything served up under Kean. Desperate performance and result.

I take it you were at the game?

According to LET: The result was harsh on Henning Berg's side who gave as good as they got in an even contest, particularly in a second half where they were the better team.

Also worth mentioning that both Millwall goals were shots from outside the box - something Robinson seems to struggle with for some reason.

i fear it may take much longer to dis-assemble the squad and get the highly paid dross out, than it would to build a half decent team from scratch

Where do you start Henley will probably be poached Rhodes may have suitors and then what are you left with, big big job for Berg

Can people stop harping on about losing Rhodes in Jan?! He can't play for another team this season, it's not going to happen.

Thanks for being informed about the sport you follow. Reactionary and just plain keans.

drop rochina

pick simon

I think I would do this. Markus Olsson seems good against bottom half teams but we need consistent quality. I think Simon can provide that.

Two defeats and one win in 5 for Berg if it stays like this.

When do we stop blaming the old manager and start pointing the finger at the new one ?

Not anytime soon. He's clearly a good manager. Let's give him until the end of the season before we throw stones. How about it?

URRRRGHHHHHHHHHH! So frustrating, our inability to string a few wins together is really annoying, hopefully sooner rather than later we can get some consistency. I haven't seen the goals (Listened to it on Rovers Player), but 2 goals from distance, was Robinson to blame at all? He's been prone to shots from outside the box in the past. UUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

Geez...you really revel in being miserable don't you, jim mk2? But you're right...we should've hired Freedman or McCarthy instead - just look at how immensly sucessful they have been at their new clubs.

We've lost 2 games under Berg and both against teams on very good form - Palace and now Millwall. Hopefully they will learn from this game as it sounds like Millwall out-fought us today. Also - starting with the same 11 four games in a row is something he should reconsider when most of the squad is available for selection. As for the defence we desperatly need at least one central defender - preferably two - and hopefully we'll see Friedel back in january. We also need someone who is a commanding figure on the pitch something that we have lacked since Samba left.

Still early days for Berg and this is such a tight league. Win against Bolton on wednesday and Bumley next weekend and it's all rosey again....except for jim off course.

Dyche: 9 points from 5 games

Freedman: 7 points from 5 unbeaten games

McCarthy: 7 points from 5 games

Berg: 5 points from 5 games

Hmmm.

URRRRGHHHHHHHHHH! So frustrating, our inability to string a few wins together is really annoying, hopefully sooner rather than later we can get some consistency. I haven't seen the goals (Listened to it on Rovers Player), but 2 goals from distance, was Robinson to blame at all? He's been prone to shots from outside the box in the past. UUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.

Wouldn't surprise me. Never been one of this strengths, now he's carrying an extra 30lbs even more so.

Robbo's an above-average shot stopper and can hoof for England. But that's about it. Yet some people still don't see why we want Friedel back?

Dyche: 9 points from 5 games

Freedman: 7 points from 5 unbeaten games

McCarthy: 7 points from 5 games

Berg: 5 points from 5 games

Hmmm.

He needs to be given time but those are the cold, hard stats.

Perhaps today's result will dampen some of the hysteria.

Escaping this League will be tough.

Archived