BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v Millwall 24th November, 2012

Nate

He needs to be given time but those are the cold, hard stats.

Perhaps today's result will dampen some of the hysteria.

Escaping this League will be tough.

Agree.

All I was doing was countering Moerpho's unreasonable observation.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to LET: The result was harsh on Henning Berg's side who gave as good as they got in an even contest, particularly in a second half where they were the better team.

Just like the Birmingham match then which we also apparently dominated but couldn't win.

I ain't interested in playing well or dominating teams, only points. At the moment Berg has 5 out of 15.

They basically sat on Murphy and Rochina all the game nullifying our main attacking threat. When that happens you need to get the ball out wide and stretch teams with pace.

Formica drifts inside so that's no option and Markus is fast but kean.

Millwall were quicker to the ball and pressured us into mistakes when we did get the ball. They also pushed us back into our own half and forced us to play sideways and backwards a lot. They're a good well drilled side, obviously well coached by Jackett , and I think they could well make the play offs.

Both goals against were fabulous finishes with Hanley at fault for being on his arse for the first. Could Robbo have done better? I'm not sure, but it's most alarming the amount of times he gets beaten from distance.

Rhodes was anonymous today and his first touch on occasion was shockingly poor. Those who are proclaiming him as the new Shearer need to give their head a wobble. He'll get goals but the sooner he has a partner playing near him the better.

Tough game now on Wednesday, need a win before the big one on Sunday.

They basically sat on Murphy and Rochina all the game nullifying our main attacking threat. When that happens you need to get the ball out wide and stretch teams with pace.

Formica drifts inside so that's no option and Markus is fast but kean.

Millwall were quicker to the ball and pressured us into mistakes when we did get the ball. They also pushed us back into our own half and forced us to play sideways and backwards a lot. They're a good well drilled side, obviously well coached by Jackett , and I think they could well make the play offs.

Both goals against were fabulous finishes with Hanley at fault for being on his arse for the first. Could Robbo have done better? I'm not sure, but it's most alarming the amount of times he gets beaten from distance.

Rhodes was anonymous today and his first touch on occasion was shockingly poor. Those who are proclaiming him as the new Shearer need to give their head a wobble. He'll get goals but the sooner he has a partner playing near him the better.

Tough game now on Wednesday, need a win before the big one on Sunday.

Perfectly summed up for me right here. We are so laboured at everything we do, etuhu was bloody awful today, he would dally on the ball then pass to others under pressure and the ball would be lost. It was scarily much like a Kean performance out there! I've never known a keeper get beaten from distance like Robbo wither

I wouldn't say it looked like the players didn't give a damn today at all. For the last 20 minutes of the first half and the first 20 of the second we played quite well and created a lot of good situations without creating many clear chances. We certainly look to play the ball on the ground more but sometimes it leads to frustration when we overplay. However the obviously problem is that by putting more attack minded players on the pitch and pushing them further upfield we no longer look solid at the back. Taking the two offside goals out of the first 30 minutes, Millwall still created some dangerous opportunities and only some last ditch defending stopped them going infront early.

The problem is, and some people will STILL come on here and argue otherwise, is that the squad is not good enough at the minute to finish in the top 2. Regardless of manager, it is going to take a well executed transfer window to get us to that level and by then our aim may be a play off berth.

Rochina has been excellent in the last couple of games but today he was SO frustrating. He is incredibly skillful and does so much well, but his decision making and his need to overplay harms the performance. I am sure that over the course of the season he would generate us more points by releasing the ball to a Rovers player in clear space than dummying and trying to beat his marker (again in most cases).

I've not seen replays of the goals. The first one was hit with some venom and was passed Robbo in an flash. However the second seemed to catch him off balance and looped past him in slow motion. Replays may show it went 5 yards over his head and dipped but from the BBE it looked like he hardly got off the ground a got nowhere near it. The increased 'chunk' that he seems to be carrying this season is worrying.

Murphy and Etuhu did well against Birmingham / Peterboro but today when they were hassled they looked off the pace again. The lack of 'solid' central midfield options in the squad when these two are struggling is apparent.

Hopefully they will learn from this game as it sounds like Millwall out-fought us today.

This is a big problem - referees in this division let a lot more go - how they ended up with 11 on the pitch I will never know - as they should have had at least one player sent off for two yellows.

A very tight game - settled by two brilliant goals.

In truth we looked the better team for long periods - except where it counts. It is going to be a long slog getting out of this division (if we do) - but we have to start matching the work rate of the other teams, which may be difficult given the poor pre-season fitness training the players received under Kean (allegedly).

My MOM without a shadow of a doubt - Dann - thought he was superb today.

Not a good performance today.

Rochina tried to many skills at the wrong time instead of seeing a pass was on. He tried tho.

Millwall came with a plan and did that well. two great strikes from Wood and Henry.

vukcevic and Nunes needs to play on the wings for Wednesday game. would like to see Rhodes and King up front aswell.

Robbo was kean! His positioning is disgusting. Really bad keeper. Forde was excellent for Millwall! I though we were sedentary and laboured. Always taking that extra touch- ringed of over confidence! I think Vuckevic should be extremely disappointed if e doesn't start the next game.

Etuhu sat too deep, at times he was between dann and Hanley. Henley seemed reluctant to go outside and bet a man. I'm Rubens biggest fan, but I think it's time to give vuckevic a run in that position, more cut and drive!

Am i panicking yet? No. Think we have the squad still!

IMO we were very unlucky today two good strikes on the brake. In the second half we dominated and Imo Rochina is a class above the rest just needs to learn when to release the ball and he'll be a class player. The performance was good I think I think we deserved to win we dominated possession (not sure of the official stats) and Millwall for majority of the secind half were backs against the wall. From where I was sitting I think Robbo was very suspect for the second goal. My view on things anyway I think we just need to create more chances from out wide.

IMO we were very unlucky today two good strikes on the brake. In the second half we dominated and Imo Rochina is a class above the rest just needs to learn when to release the ball and he'll be a class player. The performance was good I think I think we deserved to win we dominated possession (not sure of the official stats) and Millwall for majority of the secind half were backs against the wall. From where I was sitting I think Robbo was very suspect for the second goal. My view on things anyway I think we just need to create more chances from out wide.

That's very rose tinted. Had Millwall been 2-0 up in the first 20 minutes it would have been fair enough. Although the first goal was against the run of play, after that it was fairly equal again. BBC say Millwall had 58% possession. We certainly didn't deserve to win today.

I am hoping this defeat sounds the wake up call, players have been saying good things about they way things are going and perhaps last weeks win caused the players to think they had turned a corner and they took their feet off the pedal a bit. Need to pound home that fact that every point won in this league is going to have to be fought for.

Hughsey .. You do know 2 accounts gets you banned?

This is a big problem - referees in this division let a lot more go - how they ended up with 11 on the pitch I will never know - as they should have had at least one player sent off for two yellows.

A very tight game - settled by two brilliant goals.

In truth we looked the better team for long periods - except where it counts. It is going to be a long slog getting out of this division (if we do) - but we have to start matching the work rate of the other teams, which may be difficult given the poor pre-season fitness training the players received under Kean (allegedly).

My MOM without a shadow of a doubt - Dann - thought he was superb today.

I thought the referee was extremely poor today and his lenience with Shittu was amazing in the modern game. He committed three cautionable offences in the first half for fouls and gets eventually got cautioned for dissent in the second half.

Millwall were far better than us today and I felt that they deserved the three points. They were big and strong in central defence and had two big, strong and mobile strikers. They must have watched us recently as they played really high up and Robinson (who I thought was poor today) ended up kicking the ball long where in recent weeks we have built from the back. Rochina makes too many wrong decisions for me and today he squandered very good possession far too often. Hanley should hang his head in shame after missing what I thought was a normal tackle with a Millwall player when they scored their first goal. In the first half all the Millwall chances came from our left side where the Olssen twins were anything but telepathic. Very rarely did they do enough to stop the crosses coming in.

There are quite a few Millwall-like teams in the League and we need to be able to compete more with these.

Well beaten today by a better team , they had everything we don;t , energy and physical presence ...

henning will know now if he didn't before , this is a big job ! No overnight fix , next season we will still be in this division but hopefully we will be a better team !

Some players are not good enough for this level , and today it showed ..

Very disappointed - Millwall were well drilled, but no great shakes. To get out at a first attempt we need to beat teams of their calibre. I'm no fan of Markus Ollson, and despite winning last week IMO Berg should play his strongest team. Givet when fit must play, Simon should be given a start. Hanley let their man run right though him for the first, not a lot Robbo could do, although his handling today was atrocious. Very slow paced. King looks promising. Need big performances over next two games.

What happens on the training pitch? we had at least 10 corners go straight to their keeper. V - poor.

Nothing down the right side. Might as well have coned that side of pitch off.

Millwall didn't have many attacks, but we look like we Kean ourselves each time opponents get in our half.

I watched Hendry during warm up. His body language sums him up. He offers nothing. If he is supposed to inspire our defenders then there lies a big problem.

Next Sunday will be very physical - we will lose that battle and probably our long standing bragging rights.

Well beaten by a far better side on another day the game could and should of been over 1st 20 mins Murphy + Etuhu were awful in midfield out fought time and time again can't really fault Robbo as they were 2 awesome strikes as for Rhodes no service whatsoever

We need to get picking wins up and fast otherwise we can write this season off

IMO Berg needs to get his own backroom staff in

NEVER

In my opinion he's dropped his first major bollock chasing ( & ultimately failing to land ) Brad.

Very bad for Robinson's morale.

Henning may become a good manager for us but that will be decided by results alone.

To expect him to take us up this season is unrealistic but we need to be seeing a steady improvement as time goes on.

What happens on the training pitch? we had at least 10 corners go straight to their keeper. V - poor.

Nothing down the right side. Might as well have coned that side of pitch off.

Millwall didn't have many attacks, but we look like we Kean ourselves each time opponents get in our half.

I watched Hendry during warm up. His body language sums him up. He offers nothing. If he is supposed to inspire our defenders then there lies a big problem.

Next Sunday will be very physical - we will lose that battle and probably our long standing bragging rights.

I would amazed , if we get more than 2 points from the next 2 games ...

Any team with energy and a physical presence will beat us !

Archived