BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn v Millwall 24th November, 2012

Nate

Thought millwall were a well oiled machine , solid , put their bodies on the line and are as good as any team we have played this season .

The two goals were great strikes and when hit from so far out you can't expect robbo to be on his line , I don't personally think he was at fault for either .

Both goals came from errors , etuhu IMO is shocking and reminds me too much of mokeona . He can't pass , turns like a bus , and is not the tough tackling player we need .

I think palacios in January would be a good move , and is one which could happen .

Again as some have already pointed out , with murphy in there with him we have no legs , add to this a complete lack of width and inability to cross the ball and it's no wonder Rhodes barely got a kick today .

The championship is littered with teams with hungry players , players who want that big move to the prem , whilst rovers have too many feeling sorry for themselves or players living on past career successes .

Any team playing rovers no doubt are being instructed to get in our players faces . Make those first tackles and pressure the centre midfielders . Our team appears incapable of rolling their sleeves up and standing toe to toe with so many players and come burnley next week they are gonna have to be up for a war or we are in trouble .

We don't have a flitty or savage who ruffle the opposition , whilst in the same sentiment we don't have the tugay to unlock defences . Our centre midfield two are neither one or the other and this area has to be addressed ASAP . With Hanley and dann also not the most comfortable on the ball the team is just being bullied into mistake after mistake .

Rochina has all the attributes to be a top player , however he is better suited to an arsenal or a Manchester united , where their style of play allows them to have a luxury player. His inability to release the ball has his team mates making runs , counter runs and more runs until they ain't got a clue what he is going to do next.

I can't believe we don't have anyone capable if taking a corner , whilst the movement from corners does not fill you with optimism that a goal is about to come .

However I can't take anything away from millwall , I was very impressed with their whole unit

Agreed here 100% the Just because it's the Championship doesn't mean teams can't play a bit cause they bloody well can. Not as polished as the Prem but footbal is here !

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry but 15 foot arms would'nt have saved them. Poor midfield and poor center halves contributed yet again ! But let's all blame Robbo !

Simple fact for Robinson during the game was he didn't particularly make one save, he spilt a regulation shot in the first half that luckily fell to our defender. Robinson was also very much playing to the whistle so was beaten every time for the offside goals too. 5 "testing" efforts went his way yesterday ... Everyone one of them beat him and ended up in the net, blame the defence and midfield yes but the keeper also has a job to do!

Terrible result yesterday, you have to be beating Millwall at home to get out of this league. There is still time but Berg has to get us on a good run soon. It's going to be difficult, the squad is unbalanced and understocked in the centre of defense and midfield and our goalkeeper has only had one good season in 4 years...

Terrible result yesterday, you have to be beating Millwall at home to get out of this league. There is still time but Berg has to get us on a good run soon. It's going to be difficult, the squad is unbalanced and understocked in the centre of defense and midfield and our goalkeeper has only had one good season in 4 years...

With all the best will in the world , Henning must know we won't go up this season ...

The squad like you say Bish is unbalanced and just not good enough ....

Berg surely has it right re Robbo. On Football League show you could see Millwall manager thought they played out of their skins and Berg thought we were poor. Losses to Millwall and Palace were losses to the Chsmpionship's two form teams. When you see Football League show it looks like we are one of about 8-9 clubs of similar size and talent and similarly talented manager. So you'd think possibly 6th or 7th place for us but not a lot higher. I suppose what was visible in Millwall goals was that though Robinson may not have been at fault, his positioning was suspect. And that there was time and space to shoot, with neither midfield nor centre backs closing down.

Thought millwall were a well oiled machine , solid , put their bodies on the line and are as good as any team we have played this season .

The two goals were great strikes and when hit from so far out you can't expect robbo to be on his line , I don't personally think he was at fault for either .

Both goals came from errors , etuhu IMO is shocking and reminds me too much of mokeona . He can't pass , turns like a bus , and is not the tough tackling player we need .

I think palacios in January would be a good move , and is one which could happen .

Again as some have already pointed out , with murphy in there with him we have no legs , add to this a complete lack of width and inability to cross the ball and it's no wonder Rhodes barely got a kick today .

The championship is littered with teams with hungry players , players who want that big move to the prem , whilst rovers have too many feeling sorry for themselves or players living on past career successes .

Any team playing rovers no doubt are being instructed to get in our players faces . Make those first tackles and pressure the centre midfielders . Our team appears incapable of rolling their sleeves up and standing toe to toe with so many players and come burnley next week they are gonna have to be up for a war or we are in trouble .

We don't have a flitty or savage who ruffle the opposition , whilst in the same sentiment we don't have the tugay to unlock defences . Our centre midfield two are neither one or the other and this area has to be addressed ASAP . With Hanley and dann also not the most comfortable on the ball the team is just being bullied into mistake after mistake .

Rochina has all the attributes to be a top player , however he is better suited to an arsenal or a Manchester united , where their style of play allows them to have a luxury player. His inability to release the ball has his team mates making runs , counter runs and more runs until they ain't got a clue what he is going to do next.

I can't believe we don't have anyone capable if taking a corner , whilst the movement from corners does not fill you with optimism that a goal is about to come .

However I can't take anything away from millwall , I was very impressed with their whole unit

They are a practised Championship side with some decent but not spectacular players. They were physically strong and had come to do a well-thought out job on us. Players played to plan and it worked. On another day if we'd got a goal early on we might have got a result but they managed to isolate rhodes and our own players failed to pick possible passes and if Rhodes doesn't score we look toothless. Etuhu and Murphy took all the pace out of the game and we desperately needed to sub one of them early in the second half when it was obvious that they were so far off the pace. I still think it's too early to judge Berg - the match felt nothing like losing with Kean in charge - and I know it matters if we don't get promotion this season, but I don't think failure to achieve it should be the end of Berg. He has inherited a shambles from top to bottom and must be firefighting all over the place. There will be plenty of failures along the way. That's life. What he has to do is make sure he minimises those he can.

Well there's a reason mill are unbeaten in 11 games, possibly the best team I've seen this season in terms of organisation and effort.

I've not got much to add to all previous posts, what really, really annoyed me is that both their goals were very similar to last weeks, Jacket clearly watched that game and told his lads to do the same. Could a more agile keeper have done better? I'm not sure as I haven't seen the highlights. Robbo has always been poor from shots outside the box though, sorry Henning but we can't blame R4G for this one......

Robbo has always been poor from shots outside the box though

True, and I can't see how he is rated with such a glaring weakness in his game. He was one of the weakest goalies in the Premier League and looks weak in this league. Not just his fault though, our centre halves and midfielders are poor and there are few alternatives in the squad. I still think it's a squad which could get promoted but we need to get everyone playing to their best and recruit well in January...

We were at home, coming off a big away win and playing a side below us yet we had 42% of the ball to Millwall's 58%!

And Robinson's to blame?

I said we wouldn't meet a worse team than Peterborough all season and yesterday put things back into perspective.

January will be vital because this squad is not good enough. Plenty of numbers but insufficient quality.

• Backroom

The question is why are Millwall able to put such a run together but we are not? Looking at the expenditure of both clubs we should be able to at least match if not easily surpass their current run of form. It's a bit sad we're talking about the loss to Millwall at home being OK because they're an in form team. With the money we've spent there is absolutely no excuse for the weekend's result and I'm not willing to accept it under any guise.

The question is why are Millwall able to put such a run together but we are not? Looking at the expenditure of both clubs we should be able to at least match if not easily surpass their current run of form. It's a bit sad we're talking about the loss to Millwall at home being OK because they're an in form team. With the money we've spent there is absolutely no excuse for the weekend's result and I'm not willing to accept it under any guise.

But we have been playing well and Berg is a former player (legend actually!).

Berg has had weeks, Jacket is the longest serving manager in the championship, spot the difference

Correct. People are making excuses that it is all the fault of Steve Kean or that Robinson is playing badly but the buck stops with Berg and he has to start getting results. Millwall worked very hard and were physical and well organised and Berg has to get Rovers playing the same way. The Burnley match is going to be one hell of a battle - will our lot be up for it or will Rochina disappear up his own backside doing his usual step-overs and pirouettes ?

I'm not blaming Berg, the players on the other hand...

Manager carries the can.

• Backroom

I don't know Jim. It'll take Berg a while to remedy the problems Kean left behind. I think the players have to at this point at least take most of the blame as most are very well paid and doing a shoddy job to say the least.

The buck will fully stop with Berg for me after a few more weeks, though.

Watching yesterday - can understand why Black paired Etuhu with Lowe, and dropped Murphy. In truth Murphy is a better footballer than Lowe - but against well drilled hard working teams like Millwall I do think we need the greater mobility that Lowe brings.

If he wants to continue with Murphy - I would switch to a 4-2-1-3 formation - with Lowe and Etuhu as the withdrawn midfield players with Murphy just behind the front three.

I'm not blaming Berg, the players on the other hand...

Berg picks the team - he has to take some responsibility. Overall his substitutions have been ok - but I would have loved to see King alongside Rhodes yesterday rather than on the wing.

9 points off automatic promotion means no more Millwalls if we are to go up directly

We have plenty more "Milwalls" to play. The question is can we beat them? At the moment the answer is no.

We may beat Bolton on Wednesday. With players like Rochina - wrong type for this division - and Murphy - simply too small - in the side we will lose to Burnley. I doubt many of our lot understand what Sunday is about.

Murphy was fantastic against Birningham but Milwall showed exactly how to stop him yesterday.

We have plenty more "Milwalls" to play. The question is can we beat them? At the moment the answer is no.

We may beat Bolton on Wednesday. With players like Rochina - wrong type for this division - and Murphy - simply too small - in the side we will lose to Burnley. I doubt many of our lot understand what Sunday is about.

Murphy was fantastic against Birningham but Milwall showed exactly how to stop him yesterday.

Plus considering their age, Etuhu and Murphy won't be able to string consistent performances together IMO.

Etuhu, 4 year deal, madness!!

Well there's a reason mill are unbeaten in 11 games, possibly the best team I've seen this season in terms of organisation and effort.

I've not got much to add to all previous posts, what really, really annoyed me is that both their goals were very similar to last weeks, Jacket clearly watched that game and told his lads to do the same. Could a more agile keeper have done better? I'm not sure as I haven't seen the highlights. Robbo has always been poor from shots outside the box though, sorry Henning but we can't blame R4G for this one......

They wanted it more . I said they was best team this season .didnt realise it was shittu ( screen is a blur lol) but he was immense.robbo he was awful from the start , half hearted kicking and positioning. .

Two defeats and one win in 5 for Berg if it stays like this.

When do we stop blaming the old manager and start pointing the finger at the new one ?

Good question Jim. Those silly sods at OT stupidly gave Fergie about 4-5 years...... and look where it's got them. :rolleyes:

Correct. People are making excuses that it is all the fault of Steve Kean or that Robinson is playing badly but the buck stops with Berg and he has to start getting results. Millwall worked very hard and were physical and well organised and Berg has to get Rovers playing the same way. The Burnley match is going to be one hell of a battle - will our lot be up for it or will Rochina disappear up his own backside doing his usual step-overs and pirouettes ?

Manager carries the can.

Jesus h Christ .... The slug is gone and ain't coming back . My wife is a qualified counseller and is looking for clients ..pm I will get her to do you a discount.

You sound like a toon fan on broooon n crack .

If you were a utd fan you'd gave sacked fergie after 5 games.

Good question Jim. Those silly sods at OT stupidly gave Fergie about 4-5 years...... and look where it's got them. :rolleyes:

Ha great minds

Archived