BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] fans not attending turd moor

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this does is invite Rovers fans to buy from Burnley.......which ain't too difficult compared to the tight database run by the Rovers ticket office.

The last thing we want is Rovers fans in home areas.

Get some real ale in and dumb the pain of missing the game.

Well thats the simple answer then,and I don't mean staying on the sofa getting keaned up on real ale.

Apparently we had 900 left yesterday.

If we don't sell out it's p1ss poor. And if you blame Venky's or whatever, then shame on you. Boycotting away at Burnley? Disgrace.

People who are lambasting the travel arrangements - yet it's annoying but a bit of an inconvenience is surely not worth missing our biggest game for? Imagine if we win, it's always a great day.

Think some are just fishing for excuses because we might lose this time.

Unfortunately the idiots at both clubs spoil things for the majority, hence the draconian measures. Not good news for people like me who work Saturday mornings resulting in me now being unable to attend this very local fixture.

When was the last time this fixture was played on a Saturday?

Unfortunately the idiots at both clubs spoil things for the majority, hence the draconian measures. Not good news for people like me who work Saturday mornings resulting in me now being unable to attend this very local fixture.

The game is on sunday?

Who do I have to justify "making excuses " to and why Sambo?

At 53 years old I'm not prepared to travel from my home in Preston to board a coach in Blackburn or CLM to visit a ground I have made my own transport arrangements to for 42 years.

I've been to hundreds of games at Turf Moor, dozens involving Rovers first, reserve and youth teams, and managed to attend each and every one, excepting Rovers last visit when I also declined the Communist Russia type arrangements, without getting in any kind of trouble.

I have numerous pals who support Burnley including one 800 yards from the ground who would have been quite happy for me to park on his drive, welcome me in for a bite to eat and take me for a pint before and after if I so desired

That's the kind of civilised circumstances I would have gladly snapped up tickets for myself and daughter in

I'm not prepared to take a youngster to an event policed as if it was The Miners' Strike or Grunwick picket lines

Period

Of course, nobody has to make excuses about not going to a match, but in fairness that's not what he said. The away end at an East Lancs derby is no place for a young child, fair enough, but from the point of view of fans without that responsibility, the inconvenience isn't all that great for a game that we all claim (rightly) is one of the most intense rivalries in British football.

What the Kean has that got to do with it?

If people don't want to go, because they feel they are herded like cattle, then that is there choice and it doesn't need some unnecessary and patronising analogy.

I for one will not attend Friday night games because I feel SKY are taking the kean but I don't have a go at those who are willing to attend

Other people are the ones using terms like fascist, when the measures are in place to protect the people, rather than suppress them to gain something out of them. Whilst you may disagree with the measures, it is not fascist. I for one have no problems with the measures (though can understand others' dismay) as both my Father and Grandfather have been attacked at derby games in the past.

with respect to all those that are not/don't want to attend!

this is a keaning east lancashire derby.i can't believe that some are not willing to put up with said safety measures for a few hours, for crying out loud.....it's a keaning east lancashire derby, THEE biggest derby that we play. i am going.....after waking up on saturday at tea time, then doing my job through a full nightshift, getting no sleep whatsoever on the sunday morning and going to the game. i could so easily make the excuse that i need some sleep and would rather relax, but i aint cause it is the biggest keaning derby that we got.

Me and my Dad talked about going. We decided against it, mostly because of the silly rigmarole that we experienced in 2010. Truthfully, we just can't be bothered going through it again.

Getting to Ewood earlier than I get to work. Waiting at Ewood in the concourse doing bugger all. Waiting on the coach in the car park for a couple of hours. The slow journey to Burnley. And, worst of all, the ill-thought way that we were all dumped into the away end at the same time causing heavy crushing. Was that any less dangerous than being allowed to make our own way there with some protection?

People will always argue that it's a once every so often thing to have to put up with. And that it's no worse than the time it takes to travel down to an away match in London. While both true, the fact of the matter is that neither are necessary at all. Burnley is not in London. Burnley is 10 miles away from Blackburn. There are surely other ways to go about this without ruining the event and the run-up to it.

If these measures weren't in place I know we'd definitely be going. I'd be there enjoying a local away derby if not for all this.

Watch us change our minds now. ^_^

Fair enough, but I still hope you change your mind.

The process in 2010 wasn't ideal, but that is one of the matches you remember. We shell out hundreds, often thousands of pounds a year to watch this team, and the last few have been pretty awful.

A win on Sunday will be the best day supporting Rovers since the last time we beat Burnley. I genuinely can't fathom why long suffering fans would pass that up.

for all those whining about these so-called draconian measures.

if rovers and the authorities put no safety measures in place at all and hypothetically some rovers fans got attacked and seriously hurt, then some some fans would really complain and possibly say that the club didn't organise it properly and that the policing was kean!!

IMO there are too many fans using these things as an excuse of not to go. no offense but if you recognise yourself in this, that is your problem not mine.

It won't be as bad this year. The coaches are setting off later, the crush won't be as bad.

I look forward to a few pints in the Brown Cow, before hopping on the coach, having 1 or 2 inside the ground, giving Dingles some stick and hopefully watching us win in the biggest match of the season.

I couldn't do anything else.

And agree with someone, Bolton is far more of a faff than Burnley if you get the train.

For those who are giving it a miss because they fear it is a forgone conclusion that the 33 year record is about to crumble it is worth remembering the situation 12 years ago when we resumed hostilities with our Yorkshire neighbours after an absence of nearly two decades.

At that time the lot from the cobbled end of the M65 where above us in the league and we where going into the game (at their place) on the back of the following record :- Gillingham(H) lost 1-2, Tranmere(A) drew 1-1, QPR(H) drew 0-0. We didn't sell out then either. :-( .... but we did win :-)

As a Rovers fan I could not imagine being anywhere else than Turf Moor at midday on Sunday.

For those who are giving it a miss because they fear it is a forgone conclusion that the 33 year record is about to crumble it is worth remembering the situation 12 years ago when we resumed hostilities with our Yorkshire neighbours after an absence of nearly two decades.

At that time the lot from the cobbled end of the M65 where above us in the league and we where going into the game (at their place) on the back of the following record :- Gillingham(H) lost 1-2, Tranmere(A) drew 1-1, QPR(H) drew 0-0. We didn't sell out then either. :-(

As a Rovers fan I could not imagine being anywhere else than Turf Moor at midday on Sunday.

To be fair, that game we would have sold out, but the club didnt put tickets on general sale. If I remember rightly, they put very tight restrictions on ticket purchasing.

I want to go. It's Tom's birthday weekend, he'd enjoy it but neither of us want to spend hours in coaches and the ground. It would be very difficult for Tom, we would literally have nothing to do.

I understand for many this is a great day out. It would be for me if I wanted a few beers and a sing. I don't want to do that as I like to wander to a game, watch and go home.

Please don't criticise those who don't go. Many of us are influenced by / prevented through the past behaviour of a section of both sets of fans.

Archived