BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree , but are the players going to turn up ?

I have my doubts ..So do you I suspect !

I have no arguments if we try , that is something we have to do today .

One can Hope they do!

As soon as the fixtures were out I know for a fact we all looked when we were playing these turds.

Jack would have loved today. One of the main reasons to win.

Why we're pessimistic. Successful teams have certain elements to their play.

1) The ability to start the game at a high tempo. When did we last do that ?

2) An effective, organised pressing game. When did we last have that ?

3) A willingness to run off the ball to give the man in possession options. Do we do this ?

4) The ability to take the lead and then comfortably play out the next phase of the game. Ditto.

5) Pride in the shirt and pride in your personal performance. Too many of our lot seem only to have pride in their bank balance.

6) The ability to play for a whole 90 minutes and stay focused. We must be the Worlds worst at seeing out games, I've lost count of the goals we've conceded in the last 10 minutes.

I could go on and on, the bottom line is we don't look like a professionally run outfit. Let's hope they prove me wrong today.

There does seem to be an air of inevitability about today's game.We've sunk to our lowest ebb in recent years, as a club, as a team, and as a fanbase. The Dingles won't have a better chance of beating us than they have today.... not until the rematch at Ewood, at least. :D It's almost written in the stars for them to twist the knife in.

*BUT*, to quote a tired football cliche "The form guide goes out the window" in these derby matches and the Championship really is a unpredictable animal. Let's cling to those facts and pray we make it out of there with our record intact.

I think today will be the rock bottom of the Venky reign. I really hope Berg has some aces up his sleeve, but on the evidence so far....

If we don't get at least a draw today I can see the lowest ever crowd next match, chants for Shebby and Venkys out and banners being unfurled again with all hatred towards the owners. The team seems spineless so I wouldn't be surprised if we're poor today and make history for all the wrong reasons, but please prove us wrong Rovers!

rovers team:- Robinson, Henley, Hanley, Dann, Olsson 3, Formica, Murphy, Lowe, Pedersen, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

subs:- Kean, Givet, Dunn, Markus Olsson, Rochina, King, Vukcevic

At first I thought Olsson 3 was a robot sent with all the bugs in the other two clones fixed.

Would have liked to have seen Dunn in for this one. He's always been the spark in these matches previously.

If we don't get at least a draw today I can see the lowest ever crowd next match, chants for Shebby and Venkys out and banners being unfurled again with all hatred towards the owners. The team seems spineless so I wouldn't be surprised if we're poor today and make history for all the wrong reasons, but please prove us wrong Rovers!

how is that going to help the team and rovers? it isnt.

Is this on any radio station I can get on the internet?

on bbc radio 5 sport extra. you can get it on bbc iplayer website pal

Givet and Simon needed to play today. WTF is going on ? Can't see that midfield doing anything.

I'm pleased with the team. would have like to Givet play instead of Hanley but he isnt. so get behind the team and stop being so bloody negative FFS!!!!!!!!!

Archived