BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

I hope the Venkys , were watching West Ham v Chelsea ...

A proper team managed by an experienced football man ......

This time tomorrow , we will in all probability be at our lowest ebb for 33yrs ...

The last time Burnley beat Rovers , we were relegated the same season , a repeat is not beyond the realms of possibility .....

If I was Berg , I would ask each player to look at themselves in the mirror before the game and the same after the final whistle ..

I have no faith in the present squad to have the balls to play this game , I hope , I am proved wrong but I doubt it !

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm taking the boy on a steam train and made the decison not to take my phone as I'd be checking it constantly

Just hope for a nice surprise on return

Here goes, unfortunately I can only see a Burnley win.

Quite simply, the law of averages says we can't keep beating them and after 33 years, something has to give.

Dyche will have them wound-up like coiled springs and unfortunately, I don't think we will have enough bottle / steel in our side to see it through.

Got a tenner on a 3-1 Burnley win @ 22/1, so should the unthinkable happen, I will be able to well and truly drown my sorrows on some quality stuff.

Here goes, unfortunately I can only see a Burnley win.

Quite simply, the law of averages says we can't keep beating them and after 33 years, something has to give.

Dyche will have them wound-up like coiled springs and unfortunately, I don't think we will have enough bottle / steel in our side to see it through.

Got a tenner on a 3-1 Burnley win @ 22/1, so should the unthinkable happen, I will be able to well and truly drown my sorrows on some quality stuff.

Most predictable post of the season :rock:

You're a kean mercer

Ps - I feel physically sick

Most predictable post of the season :rock:

You're a kean mercer

Ps - I feel physically sick

Gav - don't see what the problem is.

It is my view of the outcome and it's head ruling heart.

You told me last week that you should never back your own team, so I have only followed your advice and it will be a pleasure if I lose the tenner. If my bet wins, what is the problem with that other than we will have been stuffed and that is something that I can have no influence on.

No chance of any sleep tonight and it'll be a VERY early start tomorrow on the old razzle dazzle, just glad Monday is booked off work.

I wouldn't even like to predict any scores, literally anything can happen tomorrow. Some of their lot are getting a little bit TOO giddy though, ok we're hardly in dazzling form but neither are they.

Gav - don't see what the problem is.

It is my view of the outcome and it's head ruling heart.

You told me last week that you should never back your own team, so I have only followed your advice and it will be a pleasure if I lose the tenner. If my bet wins, what is the problem with that other than we will have been stuffed and that is something that I can have no influence on.

You couldn't predict night and day, thats been evident since you joined this site, so there's hope tomorrow lads and lasses :tu:

No chance of any sleep tonight and it'll be a VERY early start tomorrow on the old razzle dazzle, just glad Monday is booked off work.

I wouldn't even like to predict any scores, literally anything can happen tomorrow. Some of their lot are getting a little bit TOO giddy though, ok we're hardly in dazzling form but neither are they.

Confidence is sky high in the land that time forgot Ossy, I'd be happy to get out of dodge with a draw.

• Backroom

I think he won money on the Peterboro result, Gav.

But soothsayer he is not.

Reckon I've said more sooths than him and I've won one bet in about 4 years. And even that was a tenner off the lotto.

Just over 14 hours to go until Turd Moor. We will be setting off just before 11am. Couple of pints in Burnley Miners Club, couple of pies and a big fart when entering the Theatre of Sheep Sh!te.

Can't wait, bring on the Rovers Titans.

PS. Shebby, Agnew, Degsey and Hendry please sod off before you screw up our Club any more.

COYB

GAV: are you going? I'll be in the Oak after the game.

Hope tomorrow passes peacefully.

All need to remember that this is only a game of football.

I think it's ludicrous how this gets overhyped.

Have a number of friends who are Burnley supporters and we are all like minded in that the imbeciles, on both sides, have spoiled this fixture for the vast majority.

Must have seen a dozen or so of these fixtures at both Ewood and Turf Moor but the one that always stands out is the Boxing Day fixture at Turf Moor where Keith Fear scored on debut (when virtually nobody realised we'd made a loan signing from Bristol City), and also missed a penalty, in a 3-2 Rovers' win back in the 1970's.

Hope tomorrow passes peacefully.

All need to remember that this is only a game of football.

I think it's ludicrous how this gets overhyped.

Have a number of friends who are Burnley supporters and we are all like minded in that the imbeciles, on both sides, have spoiled this fixture for the vast majority.

Must have seen a dozen or so of these fixtures at both Ewood and Turf Moor but the one that always stands out is the Boxing Day fixture at Turf Moor where Keith Fear scored on debut (when virtually nobody realised we'd made a loan signing from Bristol City), and also missed a penalty, in a 3-2 Rovers' win back in the 1970's.

I agree , there .....Never forget that day !

My favourite ever game in my 47 years as a Rovers fan.

Archived