BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say more of a must not lose, but I can't paint a pretty picture for this one !

Fans need to see a win after the Keanllocks served up on wednesday and the team needs the kick-start a derby win would bring. A draw won't have the affect we need and a loss well that will be a disaster.

Here's praying it's still 33-34 years

If Burnley turn up I feel they win. However there is so much belief that this is their time at last that I am hoping it gets to the players and they boil over. They seemed to have tightened up recently but in early games they struggled to clear their lines. Some of the goals they conceded we're comical. I'm becoming of the opinion that the best form of defence is attack and that we should go with two up front (Rhodes and the much maligned-by-me CKR). I have no idea if Burnley have any pace on the right side but if they haven't I would consider putting Givet at LB and pushing good Olsson into midfield. Central midfield is a huge worry. It's absolute toss but its got to be any pairing of Murphy, Etuhu and Lowe.

Maybe in Blackburn, not Burnley. We've decent pace options down both wings but nobody lightening. I still think game will be won or lost in Midfield and you definitely are stronger there than us.

Maybe in Blackburn, not Burnley. We've decent pace options down both wings but nobody lightening. I still think game will be won or lost in Midfield and you definitely are stronger there than us.

But in centre midfield it's in name only for us as that's been a major weakness this season. Every other team has targeted this and closed it out and i don't see it being any different for Burnley unless Berg rings the changes.

Regardless of that, I was at the game and can confirm that they definitely occupied over half of the Darwen End, a stand which holds around 8000. It is impressive by their standards, probably because the United/WestHam game wasn't on TV...

I would estimate they had around 4k (poss just over) - looking from the JW - you could see gaps in the seating - but definitely looked more than 3.7k

But in centre midfield it's in name only for us as that's been a major weakness this season. Every other team has targeted this and closed it out and i don't see it being any different for Burnley unless Berg rings the changes.

Totally agree - skill wise we possibly have the best midfield in the division - but mobility, confidence to pass under pressure and fitness is a major worry. IMO Lowe has to start - he at least gives us the engine we badly miss when Murphy and Ethuhu are in tandem. Yes he may mis-place the odd pass - but I honestly think at the moment Championship is his level - especially comparing him to visiting midfield players who may work hard, but do give the ball away on a regular basis.

Robinson

Henley Dann Givet Mn Olsson

Vukcevic Lowe Murphy Pedersen

Kazim Rhodes

Subs: Kean, King, Dunn, Formica, Rochina, Hanley, Etuhu.

That is the team that I would like to see for this one but think it is more likely that Formica would be on the right instead of Vukcevic.

Judging by Kazim's twitter recently, he understands the magnitude of this game for Rovers. Hopefully being dropped recently has acted as the kick up the backside he needed and he can follow up Wednesday's bright cameo with a good performance here. Reckon he is probably best suited to partnering Rhodes up front at the moment so hoping that's what we get to see.

On paper perhaps we have a stronger central midfield but in reality Murphy and Etuhu have generally been poor. Had you seen how ineffective Etuhu was on Wednesday I'd wager you would change your mind. I can't honestly see these two putting a foot in or going the extra yard. In Henning Bergs six games we have had only two players cautioned. That tells me everything I need to know about our squad.

The mood in the land that time forgot is one of confidence, people are skipping down the street and I've just seen a dog with a bumley scarf on, 4 legged might I add.

Worried, very worried indeed.

I think we are excited as opposed to confident GAV.

I guess I am judging your midfield on reputation and what I've seen of them in the past. All I can say is I hope your assesment of them proves more accurate than mine - I wonder if your bar is still set high because you are used to seeing PL midfields rather than championship ones

• Backroom

I think we are excited as opposed to confident GAV.

I guess I am judging your midfield on reputation and what I've seen of them in the past. All I can say is I hope your assesment of them proves more accurate than mine - I wonder if your bar is still set high because you are used to seeing PL midfields rather than championship ones

The chamionship midfields this season are over-running ours haha. I'd argue we're bottom half or even League 1 standard in CM this season.

My main feeling regarding Sunday is that we must score first and as early as possible. The locals are going to be massively up for this and will put on a big display as the teams come out and for the first 10 minutes or so, howling and jeering everything. Ideally we need to score first and hopefully early to quieten them down. I've no idea how their team will respond to the pressure of conceding first in a game of this importance and atmosphere, but I know how ours would... :wacko:

We've had a good run, I won't be complaining if we get beat, just as long as the players actually turn up and put a shift in.

I bloody well will be. Let's hope the run continues though I have my doubts. I don't think Longsiders has seen our midfield play this season. Is Dunny gonna be fit? you know he wants to play in this. To add Niall, score first, score early and score often. We need a big head start .

Archived