BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing I can say about our chances is that the form book goes out of the window in these types of games.

We need to get players in who will understand what the game is about, we can't afford to have anyone missing because I think every Burnley player will be up for it. I don't think the team below is our strongest eleven, but I would trust them above the rest to "get it" and give their all should things get a bit tasty.

Robinson

Henley Dann Hanley Givet

CKR Lowe Murphy Pedersen Olsson

Rhodes

CKR was my only doubt there, but then he's played in Turkey for both Galatasaray and Fenerbahce so should have more appreciation than most about fierce rivalry.

That centre midfield is absolutely Kean. If I was a Burnley player I'd be laughing my Kean off at them. It's not your fault, no matter how you shuffle the deck the hand still comes out pure Kean. I'm hoping for more frost, if the game gets called off we live to fight another day.

Ok so MGP and CKR came on last night and looked lively, that's after everyone else has been playing for an hour. So we bring them into the starting line up at Burnley and they do naff all. Out they go again and we decide to play Vucevic in the next game because he had a good 20 minutes 3 weeks ago. We also bring Lowe back into the fold because he ran around a lot against Burnley when he came on as sub. They also do naff all from the start and are subbed by David Injured and Etuhu who's back in favour and they both have a good 20 minutes ! Who do we pick for the next game ?

With me so far ? We have absolutely NO idea what our best eleven is, it's nearly December and neither we the fans, or far more importantly the coaching staff, have a clue what team to pick.

The bottom line is we have a total miss match of playing staff, we're choc a bloc with bit part players who can't or won't play a full game changing 90 minutes. When was the last time we won more than 50 % of 50/50 balls all over the pitch ? When was the last game we weren't out enthused by the opposition ? When did we last look like a team that knew the meaning off " a pressing game ", " pass and move ", " support the man with the ball " ? We're talking about the absolute basics of football here. We're talking about the sort of values that I'd expext from a team of school; boys. What a Keaning shambles.

This would always be a massive game but, after all the bad results we had recently, it is even more important.

Berg needs to sort this out and decide if he wants to keep using the same poor selection he has used in recent games.

The fitness levels of the team and the form of most players is very bad. So changes have to be made.

So for this game, if all are fit:

Robinson

Henley, Dann, Hanley, Givet

Vukcevic, Lowe, Dunn, Martin Olsson

Gomes, Rhodes

Bench: Jake Kean, Etuhu, Murphy, Pedersen, CKR, Rochina, Formica

I'm resigned to defeat on Sunday and I hope if it happens Rovers fans take it with good grace and don't give Burnley the satisfaction of acting as moronically as they have done in the not so distant past.

Since when have Rovers fans ever behaved like those backward cavemen? Our behaviour has been close to impeccable in all 8 (including youth cup) of the recent derbies.

Since when have Rovers fans ever behaved like those backward cavemen? Our behaviour has been close to impeccable in all 8 (including youth cup) of the recent derbies.

Well, in my lifetime we've never lost, hence my comment. Pretty easy to remain well behaved when you're strolling away three points in cap.

I've also made a few posts in the "Brad Friedel" thread if you want to have a go with those as well?

Well, in my lifetime we've never lost, hence my comment. Pretty easy to remain well behaved when you're strolling away three points in cap.

I've also made a few posts in the "Brad Friedel" thread if you want to have a go with those as well?

Not really having a go, just don't agree with your apparent determination to strive for imbalance to the point of posting infavourably about us and favourably about our rivals. Pretty bizarre to hear a Rovers fan excusing/sympathising/congratulating Bolton/Burnley whilst adopting a sceptical, unsympathetic attitude to our own club/fans.

As far as I'm concerned the Notlob poster is a bitter, lousy little worm just like the rest of their chip-on-the-shoulder support. And as for the Yorkshire cave dwellers, well from personal experience their standard, normal fan makes even the more rowdy elements of our support look pretty civilised.

Not really having a go, just don't agree with your apparent determination to strive for imbalance to the point of posting infavourably about us and favourably about our rivals. Pretty bizarre to hear a Rovers fan excusing/sympathising/congratulating Bolton/Burnley whilst adopting a sceptical, unsympathetic attitude to our own club/fans.

Not at all, I just know that when we are successful our supporters shamelessly gloat and throw taunts towards our nearest rivals. What makes it more satisfying for those who do is the bitter/ angry remarks we receive in return from supporters of those clubs.

I just really hope that now the roles are and may be somewhat reversed that we retain dignity, let them have their fun, and not make it any more satisfying for those clubs. Every club has supporters who have chips on their shoulders. However, retorts such as your own only goes to allow their comments to show the less glamorous side of yourself. I hope as a whole, should the worst happen this weekend, that on the whole our supporters give Burnley, and probably the rest of Lancashire, the satisfaction.

It was around 3,700 according to their own official sources.

Regardless of that, I was at the game and can confirm that they definitely occupied over half of the Darwen End, a stand which holds around 8000. It is impressive by their standards, probably because the United/WestHam game wasn't on TV...

Regardless of that, I was at the game and can confirm that they definitely occupied over half of the Darwen End, a stand which holds around 8000. It is impressive by their standards, probably because the United/WestHam game wasn't on TV...

It's their one big day now in the absence of Wigan. I think we've been top dogs for so long around the Lancs town clubs that everyone is on the bandwagon to see our demise. We'd better get used to it. Hopefully not just yet though !

Either way as well as getting behind their new manager in numbers coming to see how the mighty have fallen is a big draw to a lot of them. They're getting used to winning at Ewood these day's but if they stay down and have a mediocre start next season let's see what they bring. Anyway back to Sunday, 2-2 for me as we are due a performance, just can't see a win but them pouring forward might just suit us for once. We've played some good teams who are in a bit of form recently apart from Posh. We need an early goal to put the wind up them so hope our lot take a lesson off Bolton and Millwall.

I don't know how Berg is gonna get half of this lot up for the game. I can see some of our players snivelling about having to get up early on Sunday. I just think we will not show up putting an embarrassing end to our 33 years of dominance and I'm talking a 5-0 at Ewood type humiliation the dingles suffered back in 2K. The famous Mini and Ferrari game. We just don't seem to have the bottle for a ding dong.

I don't know how Berg is gonna get half of this lot up for the game. I can see some of our players snivelling about having to get up early on Sunday. I just think we will not show up putting an embarrassing end to our 33 years of dominance and I'm talking a 5-0 at Ewood type humiliation the dingles suffered back in 2K. The famous Mini and Ferrari game. We just don't seem to have the bottle for a ding dong.

back in 2000 we had battlers , players who knew what derby games meant to the fans...today we have foreigners who look good doing fancy flicks when we are winning and the sun shines but weren't up to it on a cold frosty night against Bolton then we have the couldn't give a flying F*** players on massive 40K per week and more wages who when we went a goal down the other night didn't show any urgentcy what so ever so do you think they will for an early get up on a Sunday morning ?...IMO a draw at best hope

If Burnley turn up I feel they win. However there is so much belief that this is their time at last that I am hoping it gets to the players and they boil over. They seemed to have tightened up recently but in early games they struggled to clear their lines. Some of the goals they conceded we're comical. I'm becoming of the opinion that the best form of defence is attack and that we should go with two up front (Rhodes and the much maligned-by-me CKR). I have no idea if Burnley have any pace on the right side but if they haven't I would consider putting Givet at LB and pushing good Olsson into midfield. Central midfield is a huge worry. It's absolute toss but its got to be any pairing of Murphy, Etuhu and Lowe.

sorry to keep banging on about this but is there anyone out there whose family has divided loyalties (i.e. Burnley and rovers fans in the same family) who wouldn't mind being interviewed for the BBC. Daughter needs to do interview asap and get the article out and is still short of someone to interview! Loving the way the spellchecker underlines Burnley in red every time I type it.

Before every rovers dingles game we've gone to watch clitheroe fc on the free day before and rovers have won, often with little resistance. So this year out of tradition or superstition off to Birkenhead for cammell Laird vs clitheroe. We'd only blame ourselves if we lost and didn't go to the unibond division one north bonanza. Considering the area the best we're hoping for is the car isn't stolen or propped up on bricks when we get back after the 90 mins.

I worrry that if we lose on Sunday it could be hard for Berg to recover! I mean his start has been woeful, but hes been given the benefit of the doubt as hes inherited Keans side.

A defeat to our neighbours however may be difficult to shake off, I hope this isnt the case btw.

Archived