BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley v Rovers 2nd December 2012

Kelbo

Dunn and Nunes are touch-and-go apparently.

What good two half fit players would do I have no idea. Maybe chuck Dunn on for 10 mins at the end to show the other lads a bit of Rovers passion I suppose.

Get the feeling that for the 11 on the pitch it's just another game. The likes of Etuhu and Murphy won't give a flying one if we lose to Burnley, anymore so than a normal league game IMO.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Longsider. You've been a top poster this week, no knobheadness like we are seeing with the bolton fans, respect. .

Both Longsider and Sam Dingle always make sensible and worthwhile posts. Wish I could say the same for a few of our own on here.

Cheers Guys.

Most I know Kamy recognise it as our best chance in a generation but are far from expecting to win, just hoping we give you a game for once and just maybe sneak a win. We have a chance but I'd still rate it at least 60-40 in your favour - in part because of that experience you have.

I actually think this might prove to be the most entertaining of our recent encounters - well maybe hope more than think.

I see the undersoil heating has packed up today at Turd Moor (according to a poster on Clarets Mad). Hope they get it fixed,or get a new bloke in to pedal the bike, whatever system they have there.

Ha, can you imagine the meltdown from the police if they had to shift the game to a tuesday evening following a postponement?

We've had a good run, I won't be complaining if we get beat, just as long as the players actually turn up and put a shift in.

Very true .....Gav

I have my doubts , they will though ...They haven't turned much in the last 2 years ...

those that did are no longer around!

Cheers Guys.

Most I know Kamy recognise it as our best chance in a generation but are far from expecting to win, just hoping we give you a game for once and just maybe sneak a win. We have a chance but I'd still rate it at least 60-40 in your favour - in part because of that experience you have.

I actually think this might prove to be the most entertaining of our recent encounters - well maybe hope more than think.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about longsiders , there is little or no talent in the squad ....

Haven't played as a team since big Sam....

thought i'd come on here and soak up some pre-match hype but all i see is a bunch of people who have given up before a ball has been kicked :-( and you slag the players off for having no commitment. Come on! f@@K THE DINGLES WHO ARE COMING ON HERE BEING 'REASONABLE' AND LET'S ROAR THE LADS TO ANOTHER VICTORY OVER THE INBREDS.

thought i'd come on here and soak up some pre-match hype but all i see is a bunch of people who have given up before a ball has been kicked :-( and you slag the players off for having no commitment. Come on! f@@K THE DINGLES WHO ARE COMING ON HERE BEING 'REASONABLE' AND LET'S ROAR THE LADS TO ANOTHER VICTORY OVER THE INBREDS.

I understand your sentiment Barry , but unfortunately the fans cannot play ...

I find it difficult to take Blackburn Rovers seriously , when I see players like Etuhu , Richards ,Murphy , Olsson (poor one) all the Portugese except Gomes , Rochina , Formica , Goodwillie etc the list is endless ! Just going through the motions ...

It is a sick joke !

Cotton Mill Derby

A fratching feud as owd as th’ hill,

Cotton Mill Derby, a bitterest pill.

A Football hot bed, woven wi’ wire,

Anth’ Lanky grit, to fuel the fire.

The followers seethe, the undeclared war,

Wi’ Northern pride, they follow afar.

The fightin’ wurr fierce, t’ bare theer mettle,

But Blackburns lads had better fettle

The Darrun end roof, they may have removed,

But claret gumption wurr not proved.

Wi’ thurr plane, and a dominant team,

Th’ Blue n White halves have lived the dream.

When Jack came along the game took a turn,

Wi’ burning ambition and brass to burn.

The Blues wurr in heaven, theer eyes became starry,

Th’ Dingles a mini, to Rovers Ferrari.

So keep th’ El Classico and th’ owd Firm Derby,

In football terms, Thurr’s nowt as narky.

‘Cuz Th’ nattle folk will battle for th’crown,

As long as thurrs breathe, in th’Cotton Mill Towns.

©Barry Maher

Looks like the dingles have put a claret scarf and chicken hat on uncle jack again according to a pic on Facebook

Original and classy as ever

The sad thing is, the last time we had players like Diouf who took offense to that and gave it a real go, I can't see the current crop of players understanding what any of this means to the club and fans.

I think people have got the wrong idea here.

You can't instill years and years of fierce rivalry into what are essentially a bunch of mercenaries. It's just not happening. If they don't know how much this game means to the club, then it's too late now. Also, if you were to try and drill this mentality into players, you're more likely to see them do something stupid, like end up getting sent off in the heat of the moment (not that we're a particularly combative side but it only takes one petulant swipe and there you go). Players still need to keep a cool head, remain professional, and do their job. Our only hope on the day is that Berg picks the best eleven for the job and that luck is on our side.

A touch off-topic, but someone mentioned CKR's tweets. Popped on Twitter to have a look. Droves of Dingles tweeting him about how "x is gonna f*** you up on Sunday," etc. His responses have generally been, "who?"

Whilst that is quite funny and I imagine he's just winding them up, because he knows how important the match is (Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe spring to mind), I hope it doesn't come back to bite him on the arse when he gets marshalled by said no-marks.

Nevertheless, if this was a Hollywood script, the evil tyrant manager being ousted and a popular former player who's been out in the wilderness for a couple of years being installed would set up what we've seen: a difficult transition period where it looks like this team is too far gone. But then, the local derby, the team are on the ropes going into it. This could be the proverbial knockout blow for the season.

Life imitates art, sometimes and vice versa. I hope that, somehow, the mighty Rovers bounce off the ropes and deliver the couple of left-rights against them o'er there that kickstart Berg's tenure, leading to unprecedented joy in triumphant victory at the end of the season, setting up the eagerly-anticipated sequel.

I've basically described the plot to Mighty Ducks, I know, but, if I didn't think stupid things like this, I'd be too depressed by the very real possibility that we get beat on Sunday.

Keep the faith. Ducks fly together.

Archived