BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

It's not about which league the players come from, it's the quality of the player that is important. We have signed some real dross from the Premier League and picked up some gems from the MLS. However, the laws of probability tell you, if you buy players from a certain level, you will end up at that level.

Quite.

There's a reason why the players are in that league. For every decent player you get, you'll likely buy a dozen others that aren't able to make the step up.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are players outside the Prem who are decent. I watched Holt, Lambert and Le Fondre at Rochdale and you could see then they were quality.

I doubt we will sign anyone though until its confirmed our big earners are gone.

If it was me I'd try to loan back Hoillet. Also if West Brom in for Olsson I'd take cash and Dorrans.

If it was me I'd try to loan back Hoillet. Also if West Brom in for Olsson I'd take cash and Dorrans.

Don't think we'd have a chance with Hoilett.

Injuries at West Brom mean Dorrans has been starting recently as well. I'd have a bash at getting Liam Ridgewell from them, doubt he'd see any playing time if they signed Olsson.

• Backroom

For every Nelsen, there's a Jason Koumas. But we're in the kind of league where both would be useful. Not sure we're in a position to be fussy. Appleton knows more about this league than most of us do. Even in the 12yrs since we were last here, this league has changed dramatically.

I appreciate the older members will have a better idea on transfers than me, but given my support began in 2000 or so (so I've only known 'the big leagues', as it were), I'd rather trust Appleton's judgement than any member on here. For better or worse.

(Yep, clinging to any positivity I can, as always haha)

If Baptiste not done, I think B'pool will be left with one mightily unhappy player as I think bags already packed.

Oyston will try and screw every last penny out of Rovers so don't be surprised if it goes right to the wire, however, I think it will happen as this is Appy's no 1 target.

Don't think we'd have a chance with Hoilett.

Injuries at West Brom mean Dorrans has been starting recently as well. I'd have a bash at getting Liam Ridgewell from them, doubt he'd see any playing time if they signed Olsson.

He would be good for us but probably unwilling to take a pay cut. I think we'll go down the road of signing players with potential and small wages.

I still think we could make the play offs, our business today will state whether the owners/Appleton do as well.

For every Nelsen, there's a Jason Koumas. But we're in the kind of league where both would be useful. Not sure we're in a position to be fussy. Appleton knows more about this league than most of us do. Even in the 12yrs since we were last here, this league has changed dramatically.

I appreciate the older members will have a better idea on transfers than me, but given my support began in 2000 or so (so I've only known 'the big leagues', as it were), I'd rather trust Appleton's judgement than any member on here. For better or worse.

(Yep, clinging to any positivity I can, as always haha)

I guess that if you're looking for a nice lady, you don't go to Billingsgate market. No cod jokes please.

Reports from @BBCSport that Robbo deal is now off. I mentioned what the stumbling block was this morning

You would think that if Robbo doesn't move it is going to restrict our ability to make deals. By the looks of it we need to clear space on the wage bill to bring players in.

Still think Rovers need a midfield enforcer, someone with a bit of steel that will make those tackles and break up play. We haven't been linked to one yet...

• Backroom
At the moment, it looks like incomings are Henderson, Baptiste, Lee Williamson and a right winger Jerome Thomas. If that is the case then it would be pretty underwhelming but I trust Appleton's judgement. Ahhhh, that's better.

Would be pleased with Jerome Thomas, Williamson is a bit underwhelming but i;'d also be happy with Baptiste.

Let's face it, Appy isn't going to get a real chance to mould the squad to his liking until the summer.

I'd be happy with Thomas and Baptiste. Both very good and established championship. If we could add a decent central midfielder then it will have been a decent window. Don't want Lee Williamson.

Archived