BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

I can see your point. I guess it's about a manager's faith in his own ability to get the most out of the player. He's 23 and he's already had a career, really, which is crazy. I'm generally an optimist (although I have my moments) so I guess I'd be inclined to believe he could turn it all around for himself. Then again, as my mum would often say to me, "Why change the habit of a lifetime?"

He has his moments that makes it worth a thought, now is he ready to be that answer for your team and do you have the personnel for that to happen?

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Blackburn fans. I am an American who has closely followed Adu's career. Any questions about him, I can answer.

Did you have to watch him every single freaking game for the last year and a half?

It's also worth noting Adu has played 90 mins something like 11 times in five years.

Adu also looks better on videos because he has one or two moments where he is clearly the most talented player and then he just disappears. It's frustrating.

Did you have to watch him every single freaking game for the last year and a half?

It's also worth noting Adu has played 90 mins something like 11 times in five years.

Adu also looks better on videos because he has one or two moments where he is clearly the most talented player and then he just disappears. It's frustrating.

I did.

It was mentioned.

All players look better on video if it's highlights. Common sense would tell you that.

I did.

It was mentioned.

All players look better on video if it's highlights. Common sense would tell you that.

Well yeah but his highlights are higher, just adds to the derpressing nature of him not doing anything for the other time he's in the game.

Freddy Adu ^_^

This was oddly prophetic.

Those asking about names truth is that no one really knows who we will go for due to the large number of players on the list. A City contact has told me that we have expressed a serious interest in loaning Abdul Razak. If we are going for mainly loans then there is no rush to get them done today as the loan market for Football League Clubs reopens next week.

We are also likely to see a continued clearout of players, I expect Givet, Robbo, Goodwillie, Rosardo, Simon all to go out today, it wouldn't surprise me if Edinho and Jorge are also moved on.

• Backroom
Got a bad feeling that Wiseman from Barnsley will come in tomorrow.

As I said earlier we need somebody decent for the right wing berth, Lowe, Pedersen etc are not the answer.

Despite Pedersen having his best game in about a year at right wing vs Derby? I still think we should see what Appleton does. You lot have to remember we AREN'T in the PL anymore. 'Quality' in our opinion is likely a very different kettle of fish from Appleton's opinion. I agree, uninspiring so far, but to paraphrase Sam: Comnapred to us, Appleton's the expert.

Not sure why it was fine for Hughes/Allardyce to use the bargain basement but not Appleton?

If those 2 players are that Henderson and the other Wiseman, then im afraid we would have dropped another clanger. Keeper is the least our worries right now, in fact as is a right back. Our priorities needs to be center back, right winger and central holding or box to box midfielder.

If Robbo goes, we need a back up keeper with experience, plus two experienced keeprs in their early 20s is quite a clever job!!

Got to say I think promotion is beyond us, so I think clearing out the unbalance in the squad and making the financial state of the club more viable is the way to go, even if it makes the squad a little worse.

Finally there seems to be some kind of structure at the club that resembles a normal club with backroom team and a strategy for transfers. That gives me more hope than a deadline panic buy to keep the fading promotion dream alive.

You sense there is now some realism in our transfer moves, however, the reality is we have fallen so far down the ladder as likely to be confirmed by the incomings.

No disrepect to these guys, but the likes of Baptiste and Boyd are now causing some excitement !

However, at least, after 2 years' farce, we appear to be seeing a pragmatic approach.

Archived