BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

Quite possible but if the alternative is going out of business then surely its preferable

We simply can't sustain keeping players on the wages we have currently

some players signed last summer were given too much money and some players we signed are pointless like Rosado, Sanderoski and Henquire and maybe Etuhu.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he as bad as I think he is?

He is an average player.

Extremely skilled.

Elite playmaker.

Solid goal scoring ability.

Solid Soccer IQ

Quick

Very good agilty

Very good passer

Can make something out of nothing

Very good dribbler

Good defensive effort

Very good potential. Can still be an international star given the right situation and his attitude.

Issues:

Average speed

Very Inconsistent

Stamina

Balance

While he can run past you, he can't burst pass you like Messi

Attitude issues

Not always a team player

Leadership skills unless he's given the keys

Lacks size, speed, good athleticism in terms of a typical American export.

Terrible Defense

He is a classic #10 type. He still has a lot of talent and potential but his weaknesses are kind of bad too. He can be a major asset if you have a goal scorer and you play the game to the ground meaning no kicking the ball deep every time to hold and lose possession. Has been used as a right winger during his stint at Aris, Monaco, and at times in Benfica.

What the hell went wrong?

His choices of teams and timing. Like most Americans, they are far behind tactically when he came to Europe. It normally takes them 3-4 years to catch-up. See Jozy A. He was finally starting to get in at Rize and go on the move to another bigger Euro club but the USA National coach Jurgen Klinsmann wanted Adu back in the MLS. Bad decision. Philly didn't have the personnel to use an Adu as you see in the 2nd video. Skill wise, he might be one of the best there is. He can create something from nothing. Pure skill and magic. Watch these two vids.

He's not as good as Messi?

Next.

That's obivous, I was just talking about the skill to blow right by his man and not be caught from behind. Messi excel at that, Adu doesn't.

Adu has been ditched by his team in the states I think. Not exactly had the glittering career that he had many times on football manager.

It's was finanical. For the MLS, his salary is quite high and he didn't fit them nor did they fit him.

He is an average player.

Extremely skilled.

Elite playmaker.

Solid goal scoring ability.

Solid Soccer IQ

Quick

Very good agilty

Very good passer

Can make something out of nothing

Very good dribbler

Good defensive effort

Very good potential. Can still be an international star given the right situation and his attitude.

Issues:

Average speed

Very Inconsistent

Stamina

Balance

While he can run past you, he can't burst pass you like Messi

Attitude issues

Not always a team player

Leadership skills unless he's given the keys

Lacks size, speed, good athleticism in terms of a typical American export.

Terrible Defense

He sounds like Goodwillie, er I mean, Simon, um Formica, I mean Rochina -

We've got about 7 number tens. Our manager said so :tu:

Got a bad feeling that Wiseman from Barnsley will come in tomorrow.

As I said earlier we need somebody decent for the right wing berth, Lowe, Pedersen etc are not the answer.

Lowe was very good at right back against Derby and has Premier League experience as a right back so I would happily have him there as he doesn't get forward in central midfeld. Get in a good central midfelder instead.

I seen a couple of those guys play, Adu more talented than than them. Formica is good enough. Why you guys loaned him out?

Because he isn't good enough. He's a fancy Dan and not very fancy to boot. He works hard but with little else to offer. Which brings me nicely to Freddy Adu, I can't imagine this league will suit him, you need a bit of grit and determination, whilst he comes across as still riding high on his ever diminishing career.

His choices of teams and timing. Like most Americans, they are far behind tactically when he came to Europe. It normally takes them 3-4 years to catch-up. See Jozy A. He was finally starting to get in at Rize and go on the move to another bigger Euro club but the USA National coach Jurgen Klinsmann wanted Adu back in the MLS. Bad decision. Philly didn't have the personnel to use an Adu as you see in the 2nd video. Skill wise, he might be one of the best there is. He can create something from nothing. Pure skill and magic. Watch these two vids.

That's obivous, I was just talking about the skill to blow right by his man and not be caught from behind. Messi excel at that, Adu doesn't.

It's was finanical. For the MLS, his salary is quite high and he didn't fit them nor did they fit him.

Cheers and welcome to the board.

Lowe was very good at right back against Derby and has Premier League experience as a right back so I would happily have him there as he doesn't get forward in central midfeld. Get in a good central midfelder instead.

I mean I don't want Lowe, Pedersen or somebody else make shift to play right wing. We need to get somebody in tomorrow.

Kamy, any update to incoming transfers???

Mercerman, where is Martin Olsson going to??? cant see anybody paying 6 million for him

Wont be anywhere near £6m.

IMO, will be about £3.3m with a series of add-ons to make it look good - our finances will dictate this move. Two clubs, and possibly a third, more than interested.

really hope we dont sign Adu. not the player we need.

we need centre back, right winger and centre mid.

hope sign Baptiste up.

Honestly I am not sure what the coach thinks he needs. Maybe he has a role for Adu. Who knows?

Because he isn't good enough. He's a fancy Dan and not very fancy to boot. He works hard but with little else to offer. Which brings me nicely to Freddy Adu, I can't imagine this league will suit him, you need a bit of grit and determination, whilst he comes across as still riding high on his ever diminishing career.

Honestly, I can't either but Greece was very phyiscal and he had his moments where he carried the team and other moments where he was a disappearing act and he doesn't shy away from contact and he a foul drawing machine. The MLS is phyiscal as well but those players aren't very smart or skilled, they are very big, fast, and strong. Who knows. How talented is your squad this year. I haven't caught you guys playing this year at all and five managers in less than a year, what happened?

Mercerman, u heard anything on incomings?

My two Blackpool friends are convinced Baptiste is coming to Ewood - their track record is pretty good and they were spot on about Holloway's contract and Appleton's Blackpool appointment. Interestingly, I think you will find Baptiste has also played at left full back !!! Handy that if/when Olsson goes.

Archived