BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window

Lhrover

You sense there is now some realism in our transfer moves, however, the reality is we have fallen so far down the ladder as likely to be confirmed by the incomings.

No disrepect to these guys, but the likes of Baptiste and Boyd are now causing some excitement !

However, at least, after 2 years' farce, we appear to be seeing a pragmatic approach.

Baptiste is a very good defender at this level. Was wanted by Leicester recently and was linked with Swansea and Wigan in the summer. £1m seems like a bargain for him.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10.22am Complications in West Ham’s bid to sign Paul Robinson from Blackburn. Deal not dead but looking highly unlikely. Problem is not with the player, but between the two clubs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270816/Transfer-Deadline-Day--LIVE.html#ixzz2JY0jSBaY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

10.22am Complications in West Ham’s bid to sign Paul Robinson from Blackburn. Deal not dead but looking highly unlikely. Problem is not with the player, but between the two clubs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270816/Transfer-Deadline-Day--LIVE.html#ixzz2JY0jSBaY

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And further down in the article, I read that 'Arry's attempts to bring new players in to QPR are being frustrated by his inability to offload, among others, Junior Hoilett. Oooda thowt it?! ^_^

Looks like Nicko and @jimwilkz might read this site :

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

West Brom talking about Martin Olsson at Blackburn. At moment it is just talking. Norwich hanging around too. A bit pricey at 3m ...

I think this will depend on the Olsson move coming off:

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

Rovers bid for Baptiste rejected. Long way off by all accounts @jimwilkz take a bow #LTtransfers

And further down in the article, I read that 'Arry's attempts to bring new players in to QPR are being frustrated by his inability to offload, among others, Junior Hoilett. Oooda thowt it?! ^_^

Can't see any PL clubs wanting to take Hoilett, maybe he'll finally make that move back to Germany.

I hope we have a left back lined up should Olsson move on. Although I guess we always have the loan market, which stays open after today for Championship clubs.

People moaning about us signing lower league players are probably the ones who were moaning when we were linked to Ricky Lambert when Southampton were in div 1. He's not turned out to be a bad one has he!

People moaning firstly need to look up which league we are in, then check the position, then check the finances...

Baptiste offer rejected. He will sign for us today though, I'm pretty sure about that.

Blackpool fans saying he's too good for us and won't come here. I'm pretty sure Huddersfield fans said the same thing about Rhodes.

The speculation is that the lad wants to come to Rovers. That's the battle almost done !

People moaning about us signing lower league players are probably the ones who were moaning when we were linked to Ricky Lambert when Southampton were in div 1. He's not turned out to be a bad one has he!

Good old Ricky. 10/10 for consistency. Signing players from inferior leagues isn't something new, we've been doing it since the Raos took over. Working well so far.

Forget the SEM client stuff. We shouldn't be kept from signing decent players just because of who they're with.

I agree lets get the place rocking again like it was last time they had a slumber party at Brockhall, and Mr Shelfy will finally get to meet he who can not be named as he's never met him before

And just to clarify my point to the clearly hard of thinking. have a look at the Cardiff lineup from their last game. They are top of the championship, yes that's the league we are playing in. How many established premier league players are in that team???

Now repeat the same process for the top 3 teams in the championship. You'll see a pattern. We need to buy players who can do a job in the league we are in.

Good old Ricky. 10/10 for consistency. Signing players from inferior leagues isn't something new, we've been doing it since the Raos took over. Working well so far.

Well, whilst I can see where you are coming from, just consider these players, Billy Sharp, Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt, Wes Hoolahan, Anthony Pilkington, Charlie Austin, Adam Le Fondre, Chamberlain, Walcott, just to name a few and some goals there between that lot!!

Den, you've got really bitter and annoying recently. Used to be a great poster now seem to be turning into one of the sour old men of the board.

Rather personal Ricky.

And just to clarify my point to the clearly hard of thinking. have a look at the Cardiff lineup from their last game. They are top of the championship, yes that's the league we are playing in. How many established premier league players are in that team???

Now repeat the same process for the top 3 teams in the championship. You'll see a pattern. We need to buy players who can do a job in the league we are in.

What are you talking about? Who's saying we should be in the market for PL players? I'm pulling you up for wanting to continually buy from lower leagues.

Well, whilst I can see where you are coming from, just consider these players, Billy Sharp, Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt, Wes Hoolahan, Anthony Pilkington, Charlie Austin, Adam Le Fondre, Chamberlain, Walcott, just to name a few and some goals there between that lot!!

It's not about which league the players come from, it's the quality of the player that is important. We have signed some real dross from the Premier League and picked up some gems from the MLS. However, the laws of probability tell you, if you buy players from a certain level, you will end up at that level.

Archived