BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire Q & A with Shebby Singh

Shebby: “At this moment in time you know we are not going to sell to anyone you know unless somebody comes in or says this the rule has to be enforced for example the financial fair play by FIFA it is a must then we will cross the bridge when we come to it”

This answer made by Shebby to me is interesting on a number of counts ( i may be reading too much into it but..):-

1. It suggests Venky’s have no intention to sell unless forced to
  2. Will only sell if forced due to break of rule. Why does Shebby bring this up unprompted does Shebby feel rules have been broken or possibly will be as a consequence of new rules to be introduced in the future?
  3. Example given of financial fair play rule by FIFA. Why this example of a rule broken or possibility of being broken?? Is he suggesting financial rules broken might force their hand?
  4. Use of term ‘we will cross the bridge WHEN we come to it. There seems an air of expectancy in the wording of this and comes across rightly or wrongly as If Shebby feels as it will occur and need crossing at some point. i.e introduction of new rule or intervention of a body like FIFA.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United had the choice of the cream of british talent to build their core and they had already established a championship winning first team to enable time to be given to nuture the youngsters.

We want to throw our youngsters straight into a struggling first team.

Spot the difference?

Of course. Like I said the principle idea is a good one, but saying it and achieving it are two very different things.

The mistake Shebby made was mentioning Manchester United and using them as an example. If he had just said something like:

"The long-term plan of the club is to develop a core base of good quality players from the youth system and then use the transfer window to surround them with that extra bit of quality or flair that is missing".

Then fans wouldn't be complaining about what he said on that subject.

Key point for me on this thread.

There seems to be a strong body of opinion on here that the fans who turned up and asked questions somehow aren't representative of how fans are feeling. So that means either only the passive ones make the effort to turn up, which is an oxymoron, or the heavy posters on here are not representative of the fanbase.

My close family are/were all 5 season ticket holders. All think Venkys are idiots and Kean useless but not one of them foams at the mouth about it, pores over holding company accounts or sits glued to the radio listening to a Gobal Advisor while writing rants on a messageboard.

Are you prepared to my wages and overtime ,I'm on nights

It’s pretty obvious why being an ex player seems to have been a big part of the criteria for becoming manager, Shebby et al seem to think an ex player would get more time at the club if it started to go wrong.

Agree with this to a point, but there's a step before it.

1. Venkys wanted someone they could control and tell what to do - making the appointment of an unqualified manager necessary.

2. If you're gonna appoint an unqualified manager, appoint one the fans will accept (at least initially) - has to be an ex-player.

The first step is where the selfish, unforgiveable, unfathomable nonsense came into play. Shabby wants to be allowed to play with his toy, not just quietly watch someone with experience get on with it.

Agree with this to a point, but there's a step before it.

1. Venkys wanted someone they could control and tell what to do - making the appointment of an unqualified manager necessary.

2. If you're gonna appoint an unqualified manager, appoint one the fans will accept (at least initially) - has to be an ex-player.

The first step is where the selfish, unforgiveable, unfathomable nonsense came into play. Shabby wants to be allowed to play with his toy, not just quietly watch someone with experience get on with it.

Point 3 . Appoint an ex legend so it's harder to shout @@@@ out

Who was on the weed, yet another offensive mail, i just seem to read page after page of insults, and as for his answers i will agree with you yes he did do a few curve balls away from the original question but what do you expect, I heard him say that every day he gets offensive emails and text messages yet he still has the balls to put himself in the firing line, i am NOT defending Shebby but come on, its time to support your team.

shebby sounded like someone who had just smoken weed, i´ve never heard a person say you know that many times, hesitate so much and answer a bunch of questions without actually answering them. Well maybe i´ve witnessed some political debates, where they too were asked a bunch of question, but didnt answer anything. If you feel that is the way you like to communicate and feel that is a way that satifies you, then no wonder we disagree. If you step up, like you claim shebby did, then you step up and answer the tough questions too. You dont step up and then pick and choose, cause if thats the case, you havent really stepped up.Yeah i know, some matters cant be discussed, but even with the easy questions he was vague.

Oh yeah and another thing, just cause we discuss club matters on this site, good or bad, a site actually created for that purpose, doesnt mean posters dont support the club or want the best for it. It just means, that there are many fans and therefore many different opinions.

It isnt just shebby and his Q&A, if it had been just that, the majority would have let his stupidity slide, atlest once or twice, but this isnt just once or twice. At some point in time ones patience diminishes and with a fella like shebby, ones patience can dissapear rather quickly. Throughout the last 2 years or so, we´ve been told, that those who arrive at the club deserves a chance, we cant do anything else, so we might aswell just accept the circumstances and support what is being done. Im kinda tired of that argument, it doesnt make sense and i doesnt go hand in hand with what i´ve been taught by my grandmother and that is respect isnt given, its earned. NWhich leads me to the million dollar question :

how many of our employees - within the last 2 years - has earned (y)our respect within their area of "expertise".? kean, shaw, agnew, the ninja controller, the slumdogs, faxe jensen, berg, shebby.?

It´s bit like letting a young kid, who just recieved his driving licens drive a multi million dollar ferrari and say, lets just give him time, he needs it to get to know the car. In my book, you let him drive a cheap-ass-wreck and if he has proven he can handle that, then he can step it up a notch or 2. what we are doing is letting this young man do whatever the hell he wants and just hope he will learn on the fly. There are so many key postions at our club, that is filled with those types and until that is fixed, we wont get anywhere as a club.

United had the choice of the cream of british talent to build their core and they had already established a championship winning first team to enable time to be given to nuture the youngsters.

United were lucky in that they had in Scholes, Giggs and the Neville brothers four top-class players from the Manchester region plus Beckham who was London but a die-hard Red all coming through the ranks at the same time. Singh is correct in that players like that formed the core of United's success over the past 20 years but they were very much a one-off and if he thinks Rovers are going to find players of that quality and quantity (and keep them at the club) he must be living in dreamland.

No - just relaying what the media would report on. A general question - at what point do the supporters try to work with the owners - because at the moment it doesn't look like they are going anywhere.

That is something i couldnt care less about.

Regarding your question, well the fans actually tried to work with the owners, i clearly recall the fan forum of whatever their name is, went to india and had the chance to talk with the rao´s. I quite clearly remember, that they gave the rao´s a heads up on several matters, but the advice form those fans were ignored. With that in mind, i feel you are looking at it upside down dmtp. You ask when the fans will work with the owners, i ask when will the owners listen to the fans and work with them.?

• Backroom

Young Jacks contribution may be bigger than we thought

Shebbys total avoidance of answering about his relationship with pedersen may point to the general relationship or lack of it between Shebby and the players

John WIlliams didn't put himself under that kind of pressure beacause he never had to.

When we went down in 1999 it was a totally different set up. Nothing like what we are experiencing now. Williams and Finn were still around, the club was well run and most importantly Jack was still alive.

Although with hindsight it was a mistake to have ever employed Kidd, there was never any doubt that the right decisions would be made to get us back to the premier league.

The Venkys couldn't make a right decision if their lives depended on it.

Don't disagree there at all.

Shebby: “At this moment in time you know we are not going to sell to anyone you know unless somebody comes in or says this the rule has to be enforced for example the financial fair play by FIFA it is a must then we will cross the bridge when we come to it”

This answer made by Shebby to me is interesting on a number of counts ( i may be reading too much into it but..):-

1. It suggests Venky’s have no intention to sell unless forced to
  2. Will only sell if forced due to break of rule. Why does Shebby bring this up unprompted does Shebby feel rules have been broken or possibly will be as a consequence of new rules to be introduced in the future?
  3. Example given of financial fair play rule by FIFA. Why this example of a rule broken or possibility of being broken?? Is he suggesting financial rules broken might force their hand?
  4. Use of term ‘we will cross the bridge WHEN we come to it. There seems an air of expectancy in the wording of this and comes across rightly or wrongly as If Shebby feels as it will occur and need crossing at some point. i.e introduction of new rule or intervention of a body like FIFA.

Moulders nothing on you my friend :rover:

shebby sounded like someone who had just smoken weed, i´ve never heard a person say you know that many times, hesitate so much and answer a bunch of questions without actually answering them. Well maybe i´ve witnessed some political debates, where they too were asked a bunch of question, but didnt answer anything. If you feel that is the way you like to communicate and feel that is a way that satifies you, then no wonder we disagree. If you step up, like you claim shebby did, then you step up and answer the tough questions too. You dont step up and then pick and choose, cause if thats the case, you havent really stepped up.Yeah i know, some matters cant be discussed, but even with the easy questions he was vague.

Oh yeah and another thing, just cause we discuss club matters on this site, good or bad, a site actually created for that purpose, doesnt mean posters dont support the club or want the best for it. It just means, that there are many fans and therefore many different opinions.

It isnt just shebby and his Q&A, if it had been just that, the majority would have let his stupidity slide, atlest once or twice, but this isnt just once or twice. At some point in time ones patience diminishes and with a fella like shebby, ones patience can dissapear rather quickly. Throughout the last 2 years or so, we´ve been told, that those who arrive at the club deserves a chance, we cant do anything else, so we might aswell just accept the circumstances and support what is being done. Im kinda tired of that argument, it doesnt make sense and i doesnt go hand in hand with what i´ve been taught by my grandmother and that is respect isnt given, its earned. NWhich leads me to the million dollar question :

how many of our employees - within the last 2 years - has earned (y)our respect within their area of "expertise".? kean, shaw, agnew, the ninja controller, the slumdogs, faxe jensen, berg, shebby.?

It´s bit like letting a young kid, who just recieved his driving licens drive a multi million dollar ferrari and say, lets just give him time, he needs it to get to know the car. In my book, you let him drive a cheap-ass-wreck and if he has proven he can handle that, then he can step it up a notch or 2. what we are doing is letting this young man do whatever the hell he wants and just hope he will learn on the fly. There are so many key postions at our club, that is filled with those types and until that is fixed, we wont get anywhere as a club.

Hey Greco, i am not disagreeing with anything you are saying and some of your points are very valid, all i am saying is i am fed up of reading insult after insult on every subject Shebby and now to some extent Berg related.

The Venkys have said time and again they are not selling, i saw on one thread this week they have had four offers to sell in the last couple of months and have turned everyone down flat, so where does that leave us, i wish i knew, all i know is we have what we have for now, i just want the infighting to stop and everyone concentrate on helping the club climb the table however we can.

That is something i couldnt care less about.

Regarding your question, well the fans actually tried to work with the owners, i clearly recall the fan forum of whatever their name is, went to india and had the chance to talk with the rao´s. I quite clearly remember, that they gave the rao´s a heads up on several matters, but the advice form those fans were ignored. With that in mind, i feel you are looking at it upside down dmtp. You ask when the fans will work with the owners, i ask when will the owners listen to the fans and work with them.?

Ah but just remember who was in charge, it was of course Coco and Madame believed all his clap trap so that trip was doomed although the fans who were lucky enough to go wouldn't have know at the time, anyhow what goes around comes around and it seems Madame has paid dearly in monetary terms for her trust in Coco, Unlike us the fans who are totally (dont swear) off.

A few thoughts.

Owners not attending. The reason is they can't be arsed. Lets be honest. They have no football heritage, no football knowledge and no knowledge of Blackburn. The woman has somehow ended up with a football club she has no idea what to do with, how to run or even who to employ to do this for her. The only reason they haven't sold is that anyone who would be willing to pay anything but a pittance realises the club is poisoned. There may be some who would take it for very little but she wants her money back. This also leads into the sponsorship issue. Who wants to be associated with a failing club falling like a stone who treat their sponsors badly and where many of the fans have either turned their back on the club or are only full of hatred and disdain fot the clubs employees.

As for the transfer window, get ready to be underwhelmed again.

Berg. Well he should have cleared out all Keans leftovers as soon as he arrived. Then half the playing squad in January. The squad is unfit, lacking in heart and tactical nouse and also ability in many cases.

The BRAG issue can be summed up by the phrase "keep your enemies close". I appreciate what Glenn and co have tried to do but at a time when we should be doing all we can to rid the club of these ridiculous, negligent and idiotic owners they have moved into the spare bedroom. As for the club needing united fans, I agree, but the only way the fans and club can be united again is when the Indian cowboys have buggered off for good.

As for SS, he should have a go at stand up or driving a taxi because running a football club isn't something he is any good at. Some fans called for more communication but when we got it it just went to show why the club is on a shambolic slide to the lower leagues. Also, isn't his work permit about to expire?

Anyway, up the Rovers eh?

Ah well.

We've simply moved on from having a manager who you couldn't believe a word from, to an advisor of the whole globe - who you can't believe one, single, word from.

Different names, different faces same old bullshit.

Here is some video of Shebby from last night.

haha..nice one Ozz!

:lol: :lol:

Paul,

During the first interlude of the broadcast and off air,did something happen / strong words exchanged between the fans present and Shebby?..Bayes seemed a little bit 'ruffled' when they came back on air,can you put some meat on the bones please?....

haha..nice one Ozz!

:lol: :lol:

Paul,

During the first interlude of the broadcast and off air,did something happen / strong words exchanged between the fans present and Shebby?..Bayes seemed a little bit 'ruffled' when they came back on air,can you put some meat on the bones please?....

Yes, certainly. I thought Andy made a bit much of it really. The guy in front of me engaged Shebby in a conversation about trust. Basically the fan said you have to give us reason to trust you and the owners. responded what would make you trust us, you have to tell me. It went back and forth like that a few times. It wasn't heated just two people trying to get their point across to each other at the same time. I'm sure we've all heard similar conversations.

Andy said he wished it had been recorded as it showed the passion involved. I see his point but if the whole programme had gone that way it would have been very difficult for the listeners.

It wasn't a big deal, no shouting match or anything like that. Andy certainly wasn't ruffled in the studio - though he did have a problem with his Twitter feed just as we went back on air - so it's interesting to me it sounded so on the radio.

As today has gone by and I read the MB it's apparent to me what is said in the studio comes over differently on the radio. I think it's because the body language is missing.

• Moderation Lead

Couldn't listen to this last night, every time the man gets in front of a camera/microphone it's like a PR car crash waiting to happen.

Judging by the reactions of those on here, and the transcript being relayed, it seems I was right in my pre-conceptions.

This guy is a complete bell-end without a clue, the only good thing that's happened since he came on board was Kean leaving, and I daresay we're not in a much different position than when he was here.......

Archived