BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire Q & A with Shebby Singh

Hello all - this is Andy Bayes here at BBC Radio Lancashire.

Just to make you all aware that next Wednesday (December 12) , here on Darwen Street, Blackburn we are hosting a Q & A evening with Shebby Singh from 6pm.

Tickets to the event are free of charge, but places are restricted. If you would like to come to the event just email lancashiresport@bbc.co.uk with your name, a contact telephone number and how many tickets you'd like. All the names of the people in your party would also help us greatly. It's a first come first served basis. The doors will be open from 5.30. You will be informed by email whether your ticket application has been successful.

We had a successful fans evening last season, and hope to do the same again this year.

I look forward to hearing from you if you'd like to join us.

Many thanks

Andy

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roost; I was on the last Fans evening. I think it is first come first serve. There is no other way of making it fair. Though am not quite sure. Ticket numbers last time were around 30 to 40. Though could be more. It was a while ago now.

Cheers SJ, would love to have attended but work away. I hope there is a good cross section and that those in attendance have some probing questions. Will they take questions via twitter?

Cheers SJ, would love to have attended but work away. I hope there is a good cross section and that those in attendance have some probing questions. Will they take questions via twitter?

Good question; I don't know. They didn't last time. I'm sure there will be a good cross section there. Ste B, Paul and Tom went last time. As did Glen Mullan. I enjoyed it and whilst I didn't ask anything, what I did want to ask was asked. Best to direct your question to Andy in regards to Twitter. It would be good however as its live on radio they (BBC) may have certain timescales to adhere to. I think the sport section is an hour long if memory serves me correctly but they may extend it for this broadcast.

• Backroom

Good question; I don't know. They didn't last time. I'm sure there will be a good cross section there. Ste B, Paul and Tom went last time. As did Glen Mullan. I enjoyed it and whilst I didn't ask anything, what I did want to ask was asked. Best to direct your question to Andy in regards to Twitter. It would be good however as its live on radio they (BBC) may have certain timescales to adhere to. I think the sport section is an hour long if memory serves me correctly but they may extend it for this broadcast.

I enjoyed the last one and was looking forward to another but I'm in two minds now as I don't see much merit in putting a live mic in front of Shebby in fact it's something I think he's best staying away from so as not to put the club in a sticky situation with a slip of the tongue

I enjoyed the last one and was looking forward to another but I'm in two minds now as I don't see much merit in putting a live mic in front of Shebby in fact it's something I think he's best staying away from so as not to put the club in a sticky situation with a slip of the tongue

Very true Tom. Enjoyed the last one too. Certainly was a good exercise. Even if nothing really came from it.

Hello all - this is Andy Bayes here at BBC Radio Lancashire.

Just to make you all aware that next Wednesday (December 12) , here on Darwen Street, Blackburn we are hosting a Q & A evening with Shebby Singh from 6pm.

Tickets to the event are free of charge, but places are restricted. If you would like to come to the event just email lancashiresport@bbc.co.uk with your name, a contact telephone number and how many tickets you'd like. All the names of the people in your party would also help us greatly. It's a first come first served basis. The doors will be open from 5.30. You will be informed by email whether your ticket application has been successful.

We had a successful fans evening last season, and hope to do the same again this year.

I look forward to hearing from you if you'd like to join us.

Many thanks

Andy

Had enough bullsh1t over the last two years, so will pass on this one !

All we need to know is when Venky's, Singh, Shaw and Agnew are leaving.

All we need to know is when Venky's, Singh, Shaw and Agnew are leaving.

Here here!

Saw Singh in a local eatery a few weeks back, he was sat on the next table, misses ushered me to the bar when we'd finished, which was probably for the best......must be getting older and wiser because he'd have been told not that long ago!

Shebby needs to be let known in no uncertain terms of the mess that the owners have made of the club and that his arrival hasn't improved things one bit. Low attendances, no shirt sponsor, ground sponsorship down, mediocre manager at best, over paid has-been players, better players being continually left on the bench, terrible product on the pitch and little chance of the automatic promotion needed to financially stabilise the club.

Blackburn Rovers have been ruined by these people. People who had never heard of us until a few years ago, before that slimeball JA came calling. And they are able to do this to a club and a town that they have no connection or affinity to, simply because they had enough money to buy us. It's enough to make a grown man cry.

I'd like him to answer:

* Why are people like Agnew still at the club, when they are quite clearly in it for themselves and offer nothing to the club.

* If promotion is the minimum requirement, as stated when Berg took over, then what is the tipping point and what is the club going to do to support Berg?

* Why did we appoint Berg and why were we chasing McKinlay, Sherwood and Shearer when there were experienced options like McCarthy, Curbishley and Holloway available and interested?

Archived