BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire Q & A with Shebby Singh

people moan when there is no communication fom the club last season.

Shebby has communicate to fans since he came in as Glodal advisor at Rovers.

so what do people/fans want from the RAO'S rovers and Shebby???

Truth and honesty with an clear explanation of how they are going to right the wrongs they are to blame for.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how do you know that his responses weren't honest ?

Somebody in the audience summed it up for me - when they said that the fans didn't trust the owners or Shebby. For some this is the root of the problem - all because you don't trust him doesn't necessarily mean he is lying.

At the open meeting he said that SK would be sacked if he lost 3 games on the trot....days later he retracted that on Talkshite and said it was a generic statement about Managers.

Still can't fathom out why we need a Global Advisor who knows nothing about our club except what he has learnt

Appoint an ex-player who the fans like with the best interests of the club at heart - is that not Berg ? Another example of how they just can't win.

Another is the complaints that Shebby was saying that the three young centre backs we have out on loan could provide cover - not so long ago those same people were complaining that the Portuguese influx was stopping youngsters getting into the first team squad.

Berg isn't global advisor, which was my point. I wasn't talking about the manager at all.

I have some magic beans, DMTP, would you like to buy them?

If you can prove to me that you have magic - sure. Its called an open mind - and not just following the mob - it is how humanity progresses.

Sure he lets his mouth go into over drive - but exactly what is your problem with Shebby (in terms of what he has done). My only issue at the moment is the appointment of Berg when we supposedly had so many high profile people interested - but to be honest it is obvious part of his job is to keep Rovers in the media - so he actually fulfilled that part of his job.

A lot of truth in this. I was in the audience and I've read several comments on here which completely misinterpret Shebby's answer.

For example he did not compare us with Utd. He made the point Utd's success was built around Giggs, Scholes etc. A core of players around which the rest of the side was built.

Shebby was using this example to illustrate that we need to do the same, build the team around a core of players.

but we sold or released our core of players....who out if the current squad would constitute a core of players of prem potential?

Last time we had Dunn, Duff, Jansen supplemented with Friedel, Berg, Short, Flitcroft - we're a million miles away from that kind of quality. We also had a proven manager in Souness.

We're fecked

Sure he lets his mouth go into over drive - but exactly what is your problem with Shebby (in terms of what he has done). My only issue at the moment is the appointment of Berg when we supposedly had so many high profile people interested - but to be honest it is obvious part of his job is to keep Rovers in the media - so he actually fulfilled that part of his job.

1. Unqualified for the role

2. Has cost the club millions (Kean compo, Rhodes deal)

3. Decisions swayed by fans

4. Managerial process

5. Considered a joke in the media

6. Influences team/purchases

Most worrying statement by Shebby was rightly picked up by Andy -no targets identified by Berg as yet with three weeks to the transfer window opening and an easy going statement summarised IMO as : names maybe tomorrow or maybe next week or maybe next month! Shebby suggested Henning is more than happy with the squad-surely results and position in league table would suggest otherwise if we intend to make the alleged promotion promise.

1. Unqualified for the role

2. Has cost the club millions (Kean compo, Rhodes deal)

3. Decisions swayed by fans

4. Managerial process

5. Considered a joke in the media

6. Influences team/purchases

1. What the hell is the role of Global Advisor ? Personally I think he was brought in as the eyes and ears of the owners - as well as keeping up our media profile.

2. The Kean compensation was worth paying - nobody knows what Huddersfield would have accepted - only conjecture they could have got him cheaper

3. Swayed - or listens to fans opinions and considers them - hmmm

4. Agree far too long - his fault or the owners - or possibly let down by his true target for the role ?

5. I have actually seen comments people in the media saying how knowledgable he is - admittedly far more the other way.

6. Conjecture he has an impact on team selection. Purchases - I think he has influenced - but at the end of the day even JW influenced purchases

One question - are we better off since Shebby turned up - is communication with the fans better - do you think Kean would still be manager is Shebby hadn't been appointed ?

Most worrying statement by Shebby was rightly picked up by Andy -no targets identified by Berg as yet with three weeks to the transfer window opening and an easy going statement summarised IMO as : names maybe tomorrow or maybe next week or maybe next month! Shebby suggested Henning is more than happy with the squad-surely results and position in league table would suggest otherwise if we intend to make the alleged promotion promise.

Worried me as well - flip side of course - is the potential impact on players if he confirmed we had a list. Look at the fallout from our alledged interest in Friedel.

I wasnt there, but its Simon Barnes secretary of the Rovers Trust. The time should of been used for more pressing questions which people have posed on here and other message boards.

He is not a member of the Fans Forum, but does attend their pre-meets

Action group and the Fans forum were not involved in that

I've got to back-up what Glen says here...yes Simon has been to the last few pre-meets but IS NOT a member of the Fans Forum (FF) and his view is not representative of the FF members that I speak to on a regular basis. Shebby was made aware of this at the event by a member of the FF who was there and by me this evening...

Having had time to reflect on the q&a I'm not sure JW would have added much more to be honest. Things would be run differently if he was in charge so more substance could have been extracted, but Singh tried to answer what he was asked.

He's trying to communicate with the fans, but has a bunch of idiots as his bosses, so his task is never going to be easy.

We learned nothing tonight, but he didn't embarrass the club unlike some bicker factions amongst the support might I add.

I want him out of the club, but he did what was asked of him tonight.

I wonder why it is, I have a few Indian friends who are intelligent, understand our culture and good to be around, so why, in Desai, Singh, Balaji and the other Chuckle brother, have we got people from Malaysia and India who appear to have had their brains taken out and replaced with a meat pie (maybe a Balti Pie knowing them)?

Total embarrassment listening to Singh tonight, how the hell has he got this job?

but we sold or released our core of players....who out if the current squad would constitute a core of players of prem potential?

Agree but it's a different convrrsation

So lets step back and look at what was said....(based on comments from here)

He went into an open Q&A session and took shots from people - comms that people keep asking for

Fans stay away because we went down....despite what people say, quite a few do dissapear when clubs go down, regardless of the other issues that have probably taken over the normal reason not to renew, there is no doubt we would have lost a good few thousand for that 1 reason alone.... people just prefer to use the 'bad ownership' line as the excuse.

The club wont accept a below the belt offer on sponsorship just because they dont have one

Need to build a team around core players.... like United etc do (Which is spot on, and suggests keeping your best talents)

Owners wont come because of the hate towards them (Fair point, I wouldnt like it either) - Yes everyone knows they made a mess...

Clearly the guy likes the sound of his own voice, and clearly he always uses bad examples, but he has done a few good things in his time here. Forcing Kean out and signing Rhodes.... Yes the owners want to use the club to grow their company, they have said that since day one....nothing new there.

Tin hat time

And how do you know that his responses weren't honest ?

Somebody in the audience summed it up for me - when they said that the fans didn't trust the owners or Shebby. For some this is the root of the problem - all because you don't trust him doesn't necessarily mean he is lying.

And you know his not .. Right ?

So there's gonna be a mrs D statement .... Can't wait ;)

So lets step back and look at what was said....(based on comments from here)

He went into an open Q&A session and took shots from people - comms that people keep asking for

Fans stay away because we went down....despite what people say, quite a few do dissapear when clubs go down, regardless of the other issues that have probably taken over the normal reason not to renew, there is no doubt we would have lost a good few thousand for that 1 reason alone.... people just prefer to use the 'bad ownership' line as the excuse.

The club wont accept a below the belt offer on sponsorship just because they dont have one

Need to build a team around core players.... like United etc do (Which is spot on, and suggests keeping your best talents)

Owners wont come because of the hate towards them (Fair point, I wouldnt like it either) - Yes everyone knows they made a mess...

Clearly the guy likes the sound of his own voice, and clearly he always uses bad examples, but he has done a few good things in his time here. Forcing Kean out and signing Rhodes.... Yes the owners want to use the club to grow their company, they have said that since day one....nothing new there.

Tin hat time

The problem is Hughsey, Desai, the chuckle brothers and Shebby, think they are doing a good job, in my opinion and a good few thousand others know differently, they have not done their homework on either football nor the English culture, thats a big problem, its like opening a bacon butty shop in Islamabad, would go down very well in Blackburn but not in Pakistan!!

Brown nosers only invited today??

What a load of sh!te that was, typical Animal Farm, Venkys Agnew are playing the fans for fools. The sooner we go bump and start again the better. Slow deaths arent good for anyone.

Archived