BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ettuhu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His performace yesterday was an absolute p1ss take. He just jogged half heartedly around the centre circle and pulled out of every tackle. I didnt see him win the ball once, which is supposedly why we signed him, their midfield made him look like a Sunday league player. Didn't make one decent pass and clearly couldn't give a toss about the club.

He's an absolute coward short on belief and confidence.

Dont think you can be more critical of a professional footballer than by calling him...... a coward on the pitch.

Lets hope when january comes they get him out of the club, along with Murphy, and a few others.

I dont get why he hardly ever puts his foot in anymore either - his first few games he seemed to be up for a challenge, but now he just does nothing.

It doesnt help having such a poor midfield around him either, but thats no excuse for him.

Id love to see the stats of Lowe & Etuhu in terms of passing. I.e. how many forwards, sideways or back, and % complete. I think they would be shocking.

Can anyone suggest when his performances started to decline?

He's probably just a confidence player....like Stewart Downing.

Did someone mention him and Murphy stormed down the tunnel once or something after Murphy was jeered/booed....maybe that affected him.

Not that I'm defending him with that remark by the way, that's absolutely no excuse.

Drop him, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders.....can't see anyone wanting him in January....maybe a stint on the bench will sort his him out....that can happen in football.

He's probably just a confidence player....like Stewart Downing.

Did someone mention him and Murphy stormed down the tunnel once or something after Murphy was jeered/booed....maybe that affected him.

Not that I'm defending him with that remark by the way, that's absolutely no excuse.

Drop him, we don't need 2 defensive midfielders.....can't see anyone wanting him in January....maybe a stint on the bench will sort his him out....that can happen in football.

If Etuhu is being used as a defensive midfielder then we might aswell stick Givet or Martin Olsson in there and shuffle the back four, at least they will break a sweat and run a bit.

Nothing wrong with the signing, the sort of CV most Championship teams dream of.

Doesn't take away from the fact he's been absolutely awful. I've read somewhere earlier that Murphy's partially responsible for his lack of form, my view is that it's the total opposite, Etuhu's total lack of contribution has seriously affected Murphy's performances.

We've been far too easy to defend against at home this year. It might be strange to blame the defensive midfielder for this (and other players obviously are responsible too) but his passing is so slow that oppositions have got all the time in the world to get themselves set. I don't care if he was playing with Tugay, his fellow midfielders are going to struggle to break down an organised team.

First on the list to be shipped out for me.

I dont get why he hardly ever puts his foot in anymore either - his first few games he seemed to be up for a challenge, but now he just does nothing.

Is there any chance that he's carrying an injury? He never used to play like this for other clubs, and he was half decent at the start of the season.

Count me in. During my Rovers hiatus, I caught wind we'd signed Etuhu and thought he'd be an astute buy - provided Kean didn't screw up his career. Oh, irony.

I am another one who thought he would be a decent buy for this league - in fact I thought he would have more impact than Murphy (another one I thought an astute buy at the time). To be fair to Etuhu - as poor as he has been recently - he was one of the few bright sparks in some dismal early season performances. Also - the current system (due to injury to Murphy) is putting an emphasis to be more creative - he was at his best early season just shielding the defence.

I am another one who thought he would be a decent buy for this league - in fact I thought he would have more impact than Murphy (another one I thought an astute buy at the time). To be fair to Etuhu - as poor as he has been recently - he was one of the few bright sparks in some dismal early season performances. Also - the current system (due to injury to Murphy) is putting an emphasis to be more creative - he was at his best early season just shielding the defence.

Agreed actually. He was one of our few decent players at Charlton when I went there. Hmmm... perhaps there are some extenuating circumstances which have made him go from okay to utterly utterly terribly terribly awful.

Nonetheless he still should have come off at half time last Saturday, and there is absolutely no way he should start against Brighton.

Archived