BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ettuhu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised the racist song about him churned out by the production line of the idiots that made up the one about Samba hasn't helped.

Whats more logical, a player who has spent his last 5 years in the Premiership has suddenly, at the age of just 30, become too bad even for the league below? Or, a manager who was sacked from his last job and is likely to be sacked from this one, doesn't know how to organise and motivate his team?

Keith Andrews featured in 32 games in the season we finished 10th in the PL. Are we saying a guy the fans used to continually boo off is 2 leagues above Etuhu's standard?

Playing in defence and defensive midfield is about coaching and organisation as much as it is about individual ability. Thats why the likes of Andy Todd, Dominic Matteo, Keith Andrews, Aaron Mokoena etc, players most fans regarded as absolute dog ****. could do a job in the PL. Good management and good coaching. And thats why Etuhu, who's unlikely to be worse than any of those, can't even do one in the Championship.

I'll try to avoid knee-jerk reactions to a poor performance, but he is without doubt one of the worst midfielders that I have seen pick up that sort of wage packet. He is not expected to be pulling strings in midfield or opening up defenses, but he should be covering ground and putting in tackles. Completely useless and he should be nowhere near the first team.

I'm surprised the racist song about him churned out by the production line of the idiots that made up the one about Samba hasn't helped.

Whats more logical, a player who has spent his last 5 years in the Premiership has suddenly, at the age of just 30, become too bad even for the league below? Or, a manager who was sacked from his last job and is likely to be sacked from this one, doesn't know how to organise and motivate his team?

Keith Andrews featured in 32 games in the season we finished 10th in the PL. Are we saying a guy the fans used to continually boo off is 2 leagues above Etuhu's standard?

Playing in defence and defensive midfield is about coaching and organisation as much as it is about individual ability. Thats why the likes of Andy Todd, Dominic Matteo, Keith Andrews, Aaron Mokoena etc, players most fans regarded as absolute dog ****. could do a job in the PL. Good management and good coaching. And thats why Etuhu, who's unlikely to be worse than any of those, can't even do one in the Championship.

You don't need coaches and managers to tell you to run if you can't figure this much out yourself then you aren't fit to wear the shirt.

As I said on thread yesterday blame Murphy for this one. He recommended the club signed him as he'd be 'the perfect partner'. Chuffing joke the pair of them. Ah well only another 3.5 years of seeing this joke of a midfielder playing for the club.

Utter rubbish.

a) Even if he was recomended by Murphy, it doesn't leave Murphy responsible for the signing.

b You don't know this for sure.

c) Murphy didn't tell Etuhu to not try.

Murphy isn't to blame for everything.

I'd take Andrews over Etuhu in a heartbeat. Thats how bad he is.

id take a dose of fizzy andrews

Disgrace to the shirt

To put it in context, he earns more than the entire Blackpool midfield put together, who ran rings round him today.

and more than thee n me earn in a life time, in a few months.

The man is a disgrace to the shirt, the club and the fans, I have never seen a player kean out of so many tackles in one game in my life. Totally ineffective, lazy, hid from play and generally wasted a spot on the team. The shot he skyed was because he pulled out of it cos he was scared of making contact with the Blackpool player coming in. Yet even more lacklustre than this performance was that of the manager that let him stay on the park for the whole game when the second half was crying out for someone to come in with a spark. David Dunn for the last 30 mins springs to mind.

Etuhu should NEVER suit up for this club again.

Disgrace to the shirt

To put it in context, he earns more than the entire Blackpool midfield put together, who ran rings round him today.

Seriously? they did not even need to run to leave Etuhu in their dust today.

Agree in part - you don't have to be too good to play at this level, and "do a job" for the team. Agree also that with better coaching we should be getting more out of Etuhu. Interestingly he seemed to start the season brightly but has faded recently. Can anyone suggest when his performances started to decline?

Having said that, from recent reports he hasn't even been arsed, and at 30 he isn't going to really improve. Neither are positive indicators that money was well spent.

• Moderation Lead

'You're 6'2 and I don't know what you do'..... As for the original song being racist??

Wonder if it would kick up the same amount of hysteria if he was big and white and we sang that......

Archived