BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

It's ironic that Williams is the most successful exponent of Venkys buy-cheap-sell-high "strategy", yet they alienated him to the benefit of the advisors who have cost them millions!

I don't believe they will ever learn, let alone admit their mistakes.

The idea that Hughes might return, let alone Williams, is beyond ridiculous.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know whether its been mentioned, but, didn't we have a game called off against the crazy gang in the 90's due to waterlogged pitch, after the game had started. Remember them making a right mess of the pitch in front of the Darwen end.

I mentioned it twice but conspiracies and silly notions of the weather being the same everywhere closed a lot of eyes and ears

Just watching the Premier League years 94/95 (the one the whole of football never forgave us for and the referees did their best to prevent).

Anyway, the pitch against City was an absolute shocker - and that was potentially a top of the table decider, not a Championship cloggers match.

Just saying.

• 4 weeks later...
Who will start for this one.

Will the players be inspired or turned off again.

Lets hope Brighton can go the full ninety minutes without ever crossing the ball into our box.

Yeah no crosses into our box

Nobody rushing our central midfield on the ball

No big centre half nicking another aimless lump upto Rhodes

That should see us home :)

With regards to the team do we actually have masses to pick from? From the standard of goals conceded from crosses you could suggest one of the centre halves being dropped but we only have Givet who clearly doesn't want to be here who would be stood next to Olsson who also clearly doesn't want to be here. Dann or Hanley could easily be dropped for this if we had the cover I'd happily see them both be dropped but I think due to Dann's wages Hanley would be axed. I really think it is time for two upfront, having an extra man in midfield seems pretty pointless when you lose every midfield battle regardless! Having two upfront in my opinion would at least give them something to slightly worry about rather than the opponents having the run of Ewood for yet another afternoon.

Kean

Kane

Dann

Givet

Olsson

Vukcevic

Murphy

Lowe

Pedersen

Nuno

Rhodes

Nuno and Rhodes worked well at the start of the season maybe they will make the opponents think for once. Midfield is the best of a bad bunch and barring Murphy is purely down to work ethic, Rochina & CKR are just not disciplined enough to do the simple stuff (Rochina) and the work (CKR) though for some an apology on twitter by those two makes all okay.

Looking forward to this one. No Venky chicken loons to provide a side show, and Appleton will have had the chance to gauge the players after the 90 minutes shambles on Saturday.

This is the match that Appleton and our soft ar$ed players could well be judged on. I hope we give Brighton a tonking, sadly I am not too sure.

COYB

PS. A real gate of 7,500

Yeah no crosses into our box

Nobody rushing our central midfield on the ball

No big centre half nicking another aimless lump upto Rhodes

That should see us home!

With regards to the team do we actually have masses to pick from? From the standard of goals conceded from crosses you could suggest one of the centre halves being dropped but we only have Givet who clearly doesn't want to be here who would be stood next to Olsson who also clearly doesn't want to be here. I really think it is time for two upfront, having an extra man in midfield seems pretty pointless when you lose every midfield battle regardless! Having two upfront in my opinion would at least give them something to slightly worry about rather than the opponents having the run of Ewood for yet another afternoon.

Kean

Kane

Dann

Givet

Olsson

Vukcevic

Murphy

Lowe

Pedersen

Nuno

Rhodes

Nuno and Rhodes worked well at the start of the season maybe they will make the opponents think for once. Midfield is the best of a bad bunch and barring Murphy is purely down to work ethic.

Im sorry but Pedersen should be nowhere near the team. He was awful when he came on against Wolves and was the same again last Saturday. He gives the ball away too easily and does not try and close down the opposition. We need hngry, young players playing

• Backroom

Today is the game we can begin to make predictions about Appleton. We have to consider the result and how that result is acheived (or not). Brighton are a good, solid championship side with play-offs in their sights; ie: Where we want to be. If we want to be something rather than nothing in this league, we need to start matching teams of that standard and possibly beating them.

As I've said previously, I'd take a steady, unremarkable, midtable finish if it lets us build for a real promotion push. However we could probably do with the extra TV and gate money from the play-offs, so let's crack on!

Also, glad to see that Kazim likes Appleton. It seems we may have read too much into the players comments again, such is the life of a messageboard haha.

Im sorry but Pedersen should be nowhere near the team. He was awful when he came on against Wolves and was the same again last Saturday. He gives the ball away too easily and does not try and close down the opposition. We need hngry, young players playing

We do need hungry, young players I fully agree, but where are they? I'd take pretty much anybody over Pedersen but I think he would add more than or other options in our current pitiful midfield at the moment in my opinion.

a win tonite puts us 7 adrift of the play offs but played a game more - still makes it do able

Defeat leaves us 10 adrift played a game more than the last play off side watford making it highly unlikely but 10 points off the bottom 3 meaning if we lose again a week on saturday we could be looking over our shoulders..

But being realistic the season could peter out begining of March time with us remaining a mid table side + a case of whatch this space come summer time !

a win tonite puts us 7 adrift of the play offs but played a game more - still makes it do able

Defeat leaves us 10 adrift played a game more than the last play off side watford making it highly unlikely but 10 points off the bottom 3 meaning if we lose again a week on saturday we could be looking over our shoulders..

But being realistic the season could peter out begining of March time with us remaining a mid table side + a case of whatch this space come summer time !

Isn't this our game in hand?

The season has petered out already. No signings are coming to improve the team, players will leave in the next week, this manager will not be able to improve either the attitude or ability of the current squad and the few fans that are left are not sufficient in either numbers or vocality to create an atmosphere.

Now if the club lose 10 points (for some reason) things may get interesting again!

A win today would be a massive boost. Hoping we get off to a good start and actually take the lead for a change. How many games have we fallen behind and how many games have we gone on to lose having taken the lead? Anybody know?

We haven't lost any games this season when taking the lead. We have drawn alot though.

If we concede the first goal we tend to lose and if we score the first goal we generally draw - especially away from home.

Brighton fan board hoping WE THE CROWD will be on our players backs if Brighton start well. They are planning for a convincing win...

Alot of away fans have said this before playing us. Part of the reputation we have since the Bolton December 2011 game. For the cost of Marcus Ollson we could have sacked Kean as well and improved the atmosphere tremendously at the time.

Archived