SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need to be more open minded.

"Open minded" doesn't mean being open to any old bo||ocks.

The idea that there is a conspiracy behind a match postponement is clearly bo||ocks. I might just do a clean sweep with the ignore function for anyone who is stupid enough to believe it, it'd probably make things more enjoyable around here.

Ref postponed the match. Not venkys etc etc.

You miss the point.

The question is did Rovers strain every sinew to ensure the match went ahead ?

If it rains hard, continually and you do nothing, the pitch wont look pretty. If you have an army of groundstaff doing their stuff and using at least one of the mopping-up machines that you see at most professional stadia these days, you have a fighting chance.

Maybe we should sack Steve Patrick and get the lad in from Accie as he got that game on with nothing like the resource availablre to Rovers.

You miss the point.

The question is did Rovers strain every sinew to ensure the match went ahead ?

If it rains hard, continually and you do nothing, the pitch wont look pretty. If you have an army of groundstaff doing their stuff and using at least one of the mopping-up machines that you see at most professional stadia these days, you have a fighting chance.

Maybe we should sack Steve Patrick and get the lad in from Accie as he got that game on with nothing like the resource availablre to Rovers.

I can tell you that not every stone was left unturned, Steve Patrick is a good as they get, does as he is told too, if the manager wants the game fast, slow or whatever, he can do that, in my opinion, he has done as he has been told ;-)

You really should try not to be so negative about other folks' views.

Many others are surprised that the game is off and it is very difficult to argue about the facts "it's the first time that I can recall a match being postponed at Ewood for years and years and years. We are supposed to have one of the finest pitches in the country attended by one of the finest groundsman in the country. We are the only PL/Championship match off. Accie are playing despite being only 7 miles down the road and supposedly having one of the worst pitches in the country".

Presumably, those in Accrington have been basking in 3 days of sunshine ?

I live in the town, its hardly stopped raining for 3 days, so give over with your bullsh1t mercer.

"Open minded" doesn't mean being open to any old bo||ocks.

The idea that there is a conspiracy behind a match postponement is clearly bo||ocks. I might just do a clean sweep with the ignore function for anyone who is stupid enough to believe it, it'd probably make things more enjoyable around here.

Gav takes great joy in trying to belittle anyone who may have a different view to his own.

I personally am not talking about any conspiracy about a postponement but merely questioning if Rovers strained every sinew to get the match on and were they as properly organised as they could be.

The facts are, it's the first time that I can recall a match being postponed at Ewood for years and years and years. We are supposed to have one of the finest pitches in the country attended by one of the finest groundsman in the country. We are the only PL/Championship match off. Accie are playing despite being only 7 miles down the road and supposedly having one of the worst pitches in the country. Does today's postponement not strike you as unusual ?

There are some who might think that Rovers weren't too bothered about playing today given what could have been an embarassingly low attendance and given all the alleged turmoil behind the scenes of recent days.

I live in the town, its hardly stopped raining for 3 days, so give over with your bullsh1t mercer.

WTF do you think has been going on in Accrington then ?

Well we live five miles from the ground towards Chorley. I've been out and about in Chorley since 7.00am. Went to Preston about 12.30 and then straight to Ewood. I can only say I havent seen enough rain to make me even think it would be called off. It didn't seem to rain that much last night either and I was up till 1.00am and woke about 6.00am.

I'm sure the ground is waterlogged but I'm surprised

I know I'm 10 miles away but there was a huge amount of rain here overnight and well into this morning. At 10am I was out driving more or less in running water. We have had a lot of rain this year but I don't think I've seen as much as there was mid-morning here. I was keeping an eye out on the BBC website assuming there was a good chance of a postponement.

Gav takes great joy in trying to belittle anyone who may have a different view to his own.

I don't try to belittle anyone, but you're one of the biggest bullsh1ters on the site mercer so you'll get pulled if I think you're bullsh1tting, and I couldn't give toss whats going on in accy, we're not playing in accy.

Merry Christmas by the way

I don't try to belittle anyone, but you're one of the biggest bullsh1ters on the site mercer so you'll get pulled if I think you're bullsh1tting, and I couldn't give toss whats going on in accy, we're not playing in accy.

Gav - yesterday, recorded rainfall in both Accrington and Blackburn was 3.3mm.

I dare say today, the picture was very similar and I will give you the numbers when they are available tomorrow.

So Accie ensured their game went ahead and we didn't.

I can tell you that Ewood Park was being marked out yesterday pm in readiness for today's game and there was no hint of a problem.

I don't bullsh1t, that is just your opinion !

And also, best festive wishes to you and your family, I'll buy you a drink one day !

I can tell you that not every stone was left unturned, Steve Patrick is a good as they get, does as he is told too, if the manager wants the game fast, slow or whatever, he can do that, in my opinion, he has done as he has been told ;-)

Well Kelbo, that just adds to the conspiracy theories!!

Btw, we are now behind Burnley in the league.

We really don't want to know... count his fingers and if there are 6 it will give you a pretty good idea.

Like the people of Accy :xmas:

• Moderation Lead
Well, just had a message from a Rovers fan who is not a member of this MB, he says there is to be an investigation with possible points deduction as to why the sprinklers were left on overnight, true I diont know but thats what been told!!

Think you may need to lay off the sauce for a while Kelbo :tu:

Well, just had a message from a Rovers fan who is not a member of this MB, he says there is to be an investigation with possible points deduction as to why the sprinklers were left on overnight, true I diont know but thats what been told!!

Andrew Cryer says nothing in this story.

it started on twitter

Think you may need to lay off the sauce for a while Kelbo :tu:

What a silly answer, I merely posted what I have been told, what on earth has sauce got to do with it?

There simply has got to be a reason as to why a club in an area with the same amount of rainfall and a playing surface renowned for holding water can play a match and yet Rovers with far greater facilities and manpower cant, its not rocket science when all said and done, the sprinklers could have been on a timer and not switched off by accident, then again, it could have been purposely done, I really dont have the answer!!

Andrew Cryer says nothing in this story.

it started on twitter

Chaddy, when Venky's bought Rovers, we were told we would no longer be a selling club. Hmmm.

You believe what you like but personally, I do not trust our owners or operational management.

• Moderation Lead
What a silly answer, I merely posted what I have been told, what on earth has sauce got to do with it?

There simply has got to be a reason as to why a club in an area with the same amount of rainfall and a playing surface renowned for holding water can play a match and yet Rovers with far greater facilities and manpower cant, its not rocket science when all said and done, the sprinklers could have been on a timer and not switched off by accident, then again, it could have been purposely done, I really dont have the answer!!

I was having a joke, feel free to remember your sense of humour next time I make such a post......

Archived