BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we've had a bit of heavy rain and the match is off.

Accie's pitch is playable just 7 miles down the road and notorious for its bog like state.

The question that I would ask is if we were still in the PL and had been scheduled to play, say, Liverpool, would the match would have been off ?

Like anything else, it's usually a case of how much the club want it and how much resource is ploughed in to make sure the pitch is playable !

How many would have turned up for today's game, 5,000, 6,000 or 7,000 - would have looked embarrassing.

Now we have two tough away games on the trot and could finish the year in the bottom six !!!

Perhaps Blackburn just suffered an inordinate amount of rain !

Accie's pitch is playable just 7 miles down the road and notorious for its bog like state.

The question that I would ask is if we were still in the PL and had been scheduled to play, say, Liverpool, would the match would have been off ?

Like anything else, it's usually a case of how much the club want it and how much resource is ploughed in to make sure the pitch is playable !

How many would have turned up for today's game, 5,000, 6,000 or 7,000 - would have looked embarrassing.

Now we have two tough away games on the trot and could finish the year in the bottom six !!!

more rumours n spectulations without foundation.

pitch looks awful n the ref called it off NOW ROVEES!!! FFS

There are matches called off up and down the country - no dodgy stuff here. Some Brighton supporters considered the possibility that the match could be called off. they know what the weather has been like up and down the country - not just Blackburn.

more rumours n spectulations without foundation.

pitch looks awful n the ref called it off NOW ROVEES!!! FFS

Chaddy pal, you can't keep dismissing fans' views by simply keep trotting out that statement.

The facts are, it's the first time that I can recall a match being postponed at Ewood for years and years and years. We are supposed to have one of the finest pitches in the country attended by one of the finest groundsman in the country. We are the only PL/Championship match off. Accie are playing despite being only 7 miles down the road and supposedly having one of the worst pitches in the country. Does today's postponement not strike you as unusual ?

If you only had one man and his dog forking the pitch, then yes, you can understand it looking awful.

However, are you telling me that Rovers didn't know it was going to rain hard and don't have at least one of the big mopping-up machines that most professional stadia have and couldn't have had an army of groundstaff working through the night and morning ?

Perfect preparation prevents p1ss poor performance !

Chaddy pal, you can't keep dismissing fans' views by simply keep trotting out that statement.

The facts are, it's the first time that I can recall a match being postponed at Ewood for years and years and years. We are supposed to have one of the finest pitches in the country attended by one of the finest groundsman in the country. We are the only PL/Championship match off. Accie are playing despite being only 7 miles down the road and supposedly having one of the worst pitches in the country. Does today's postponement not strike you as unusual ?

If you only had one man and his dog forking the pitch, then yes, you can understand it looking awful.

However, are you telling me that Rovers didn't know it was going to rain hard and don't have at least one of the big mopping-up machines that most professional stadia have and couldn't have had an army of groundstaff working through the night and morning ?

I'm going with you on this....seems a little fishy. Have the groundstaff been potted?

Well we live five miles from the ground towards Chorley. I've been out and about in Chorley since 7.00am. Went to Preston about 12.30 and then straight to Ewood. I can only say I havent seen enough rain to make me even think it would be called off. It didn't seem to rain that much last night either and I was up till 1.00am and woke about 6.00am.

I'm sure the ground is waterlogged but I'm surprised

Good result for Rovers today.

A far better performance by our defenders, The Seagulls forwards did not get a look in.

If we manage to keep up these clean sheets we may escape the trap door to League One. Well done lads, keep it up.

Pity there were no chants against the Venkys although I did hear one or two against PNE "The Libel" Agnew.

A better looking gate than previous games as well.

:D:D:D Very good, sadly this is probably the only time this season we will be able to enjoy a post like that.

It hasn't stopped raining for almost 3 days, no surprise it was called off but don't let that stop you, you love a good conspiracy, in fact you make most of them up.

I made this point a few pages back and got shot down so don't worry Mercerman, I agree 100%. I live in Accy and its rained for around 24hrs and they have an awful record for postponements but hey it must have rained in biblical proportions in Ewood!

Amateur hour, but then I expect nothing less from the Venkys.
+1

It's all well and good people saying the ref had no choice but a club of our standing shouldn't have to put the ref in that position. We had a state-of-the-art, award-winning pitch not that long ago.

'Amateur' sums up most things about Rovers these days unfortunately. No way has the rain been any worse than in recent times. First time I can recall a waterlogged Ewood pitch in the last 20 years. Something has gone badly wrong here. Have the ground staff been reduced during the recent cost cutting?

If I were a Brighton fan I'd be absolutely keaning furious.

3 of the bottom 4 winning....

the gap closes and automatic relegation sucks us ever closer.

key decisions must be made when necessary without hesitation, delays and indecision cost, we know from the Kean era

Berg and the whole coaching staff must go NOW, not next week or after Xmas.

anyone still mentioning promotion or play offs should be banned for not being of sound mental state to post.

I made this point a few pages back and got shot down so don't worry Mercerman, I agree 100%. I live in Accy and its rained for around 24hrs and they have an awful record for postponements but hey it must have rained in biblical proportions in Ewood!

I was out in Accy last night - jacketless - and it wasn't raining. Mild for the time of year even. Must be that microclimate in Blackburn or something! :rolleyes:

It hasn't stopped raining for almost 3 days, no surprise it was called off but don't let that stop you, you love a good conspiracy, in fact you make most of them up.

You really should try not to be so negative about other folks' views.

Many others are surprised that the game is off and it is very difficult to argue about the facts "it's the first time that I can recall a match being postponed at Ewood for years and years and years. We are supposed to have one of the finest pitches in the country attended by one of the finest groundsman in the country. We are the only PL/Championship match off. Accie are playing despite being only 7 miles down the road and supposedly having one of the worst pitches in the country".

Presumably, those in Accrington have been basking in 3 days of sunshine ?

You need to be more open minded.

Archived