BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

I can't agree that it is a poor selection - it is a deliberate move towards a more solid setup and away from the "fancy dans". That we think our squad players are not good enough says more about the previous recruitment policy than it does about our new managers selection.

Personally after saturdays performance i would only have questioned his decisions if he had dropped kean, kane or Rhodes. The rest - meh...

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bit of a strange selection.

Hoping Murphy would have been left out with at least a couple of other changes.

Think it shows how umbalanced our squad is and how short of 'real' options we are.

Murphy played well at the weekend. I think one of the problems he has is that he has nobody to pass to. The crowd were getting on his back when there was nobody in front of him to pass to (albeit he could've played a cracking 40yd pass through eight players).

Kane, Dann, Hanley, Pedersen, Lowe and Markus Olsson in our first team. How far we have fallen.

Kane was our best player at the weekend unless you're insinuating that it's a poor do that we're playing with an on loan RB. I like Lowe as at least he puts the effort in.

We don't really have anyone else. Jorge is the only other fit central midfielder and I wouldn't want him in there. Get the feeling Vuckevic won't be at the club beyond the summer.

Don't get people's obsession with Vuckevic. Yeah he's supposed to be good on paper but I haven't seen him do much other than a few moments of class. Maybe he needs a run in the team but i'd rather have Formica.

All that said we are @#/? so don't know why i'm defending players etc.

• Backroom
Kane was our best player at the weekend unless you're insinuating that it's a poor do that we're playing with an on loan RB.

With all the competition he had for MOM in that match I have to say that is a magnificent achievement.

I would like to see Rochina as a striker. He is in the Van Persie mould.

Brighton nearly score off a corner as a result of possibly the worst pass I've ever seen by Danny Murphy

Are you at Ewood Tom?

Jason Lowe will never score, simple as...

• Backroom

Shocking refereeing

He just had a word with the Brighton defender before a throw in about holding Hanley

The throw in comes in and he watches the defender grabbing hold of Hanley again yet ignore it

Better than Saturday so far we look more lively

Rochina is more of a Villenueva than a Van Persie.

If we're making over the top, inaccurate comparisons he's more of a Messi than RVP (and he's nothing like Messi obviously before people jump on me).

With all the competition he had for MOM in that match I have to say that is a magnificent achievement.

He looked good in the Wolves match too. Like I said - are you insinuating that we've fallen because one of our better players at the moment is an on loan, 20 year old, right back?

@onerovers commentary on twitter sounds promising

I know it's going to be very biased but better than reading we're constantly on the back foot etc

We sound OK so far.

• Backroom
He looked good in the Wolves match too. Like I said - are you insinuating that we've fallen because one of our better players at the moment is an on loan, 20 year old, right back?

I'm saying Todd Kane is a significant downgrade from the type of player we used to enjoy seeing play for us in that (or any) position.

So in a way, yes. I honestly didn't think the comment needed explaining.

• Backroom
According to the live text updates on BBC website we have 53% possession and 6 shots to 2 compared to them - anyone at the match able to confirm that we are actually playing well? I am starting to get optimistic....

Much much much better than Saturday or the wolves games or indeed the first half v forest

It means nothing without points but we have shape, are getting the balls into the right players and closing down

Murphy and Pedersen are poor as ever though outside of a good effort from the latter

• Backroom
BBC Radio 5 live sports extraCHAMPIONSHIP LATEST

BBC Radio 5 live's Ian Brown at Ewood Park: "Just over 38 minutes gone and Blackburn are edging the game overall. Brighton keeper Tomasz Kuszczak has just had to make another decent save to keep out Morten Gamst Pedersen's shot. One threat from Brighton with Liam Bridicutt's shot deflected off target. Sill Blackburn 0-0 Brighton."

Archived