BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

The Dart

I have to admit, I laughed in disbelief when I saw we'd shipped yet another late one in.

I've had a bellyful now. When we went one-up I didn't feel anything. That's not good at all, but I feel like I've had one too many kickings over the last two years.

I hope I can get the old optimism back, but I don't think it will change until Venky's sell up

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope we can bag a result in the cup. Two winnable games after that. 4 points minimum. 6 preferably

Doesn't matter at all now. Not a cat in hells chance of promotion this season. Best we can do is rebuild now ready for next season. Anybody who says otherwise belongs in the quack house (not suggesting you are).

I have to admit, I laughed in disbelief when I saw we'd shipped yet another late one in.

I've had a bellyful now. When we went one-up I didn't feel anything. That's not good at all, but I feel like I've had one too many kickings over the last two years.

I hope I can get the old optimism back, but I don't think it will change until Venky's sell up

Think that , just sums up the feeling of many fans ..............

• Backroom

I was more interested in the Bradford game tonight.

disappointing end but if Goodwillie hadn't rashly given the penalty away in xtra xtra xtra time we'd have been talking about a much improved performance, clean sheet and three points. Sounds like we created a few chances and for once Rhodes missed. Just one of them games

p.s. Goodwillie out!!

Doesn't matter at all now. Not a cat in hells chance of promotion this season. Best we can do is rebuild now ready for next season. Anybody who says otherwise belongs in the quack house (not suggesting you are).

Seems very unlikely. Would just like us to go on a good run and get some players in who are ready to take on the challenge next season. Not a bad thing really considering the amount of deadwood in the side at the moment.

@#/? the cup.

Glad to see Goodwillie back playing, or not. How many lost points in OT now? Even if we make the playoffs this team doesn't have the composure to win it. Another year in the Championship isn't too bad though, always tough to bounce straight back up.

Hardly.

A (unlikely) good run would see us in the play offs.

Not likely, but certainly possible.

Gutted but trying to remain philosophical. Regardless of the result tonight, I didn't think we'd make the playoffs so in that respect I don't think that late goal will prove critical.

Its about next season now and I thought Appleton got it spot on. Well organised and stopped Brighton playing which is not easy. Promising signs.

• Backroom
Not scored from open play in 2 home games.

What did goodwillie do?

That's just not true though is it?

For those that didn't see it tonight for their penalty the ball is going nowhere and goodie decides to push a guy in the back who was facing away from goal

The balance though. What defensive player??
I'd have thrown on Givet for the last five at least. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but what on earth was Goodwillie being brought on for anyway?

And Andy - as I said not a hope in hell of the playoffs. 9 points with this inconsistent squad is just not possible whatsoever.

• Backroom
Sad thing - all their cheating feigning injury is possibly why we played an extra 5 minutes - who says cheats never prosper.

Not seen a team so bad for it in a long time

Not been this gutted since Derbyshire gave city an equaliser

The team showed heart and a real determination along with good organisation tonight all undone by a moment of sheer idiocy

Archived